Reviews for TREVI VALENTINE The Fountain's Promise
Vector 426 chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
What a sweet, romantic story. I could easily see this take place in the classic SR series,It would fit very well. Outstanding work, best of luck in your future writings.
Vitality Astral chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Absolutely adorable. I love it. It's one of the best Speed Racer fanfics I've read. Such an amazing job. :)
Shima Ame chapter 1 . 8/16/2008
I'm going to write as I read :)

From the start I'm really liking the idea and theme. Cute, fluffy, exactly what I'm in the mood for. One question though... where did you get Trixie "Shimura" from? It's not a big deal, but the "M" on her shirt in the anime stands for her family name: Michi. No points docked, it's a small detail. :)

Very good characterization of speed in P2! One of the major upsets for SpeedXTrixie fans is the fact that he pays more attention to his car and racing than his girlfriend.

You also have some very good descriptions going for you. I bet I could find at least two for every sense. :)

Speed's horror flick idea? Love it! It's a good flake of humor and a good minor detail that really brings up the quality of your writing.

You used the good-ol-fashioned drive-in stand speakers! What an amazing detail! Way to stay true to the time period!

Minor grammar problem: "...the Mach 5 roared to life and with her duel head beams lit and stabbing the dark, pulled out..." Your grammar is perfect everywhere else, so I'm sure it's just a typo :) you don't need help correcting it.

Very nice details on race-prep activities.

lol, using the jacks to escape a crowd of fans.

You coulda left off before the epilogue, but I'm so glad you didn't! You have me in tears right now. So sweet.

Thank you so much for a good read, I hope I wasn't too mean because it wasn't my intention! You're a great writer indeed!
buffycorvin chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
i love it
Gotta Dance 88 chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Absolutely beautiful. I'm sure any girl who reads this story feels the same way I do, that something like this would happen to us. I loved the epilogue and will be adding this story to my favorites. Keep up the good work!
RedLion2 chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
What can I say, but awesome? I love how you had the epilogue 26 years later, and that they had the twins. Speed can be a real jerk sometimes, but he sure loves his Trixie! You do a remarkable job of showing just how deep his affections and devotion go towards her. I'm glad you decided to do another SR story...although, you know, I'm still waiting for the continuation of your SR/009 story...!
Freddo chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Another unexpected angle on Speed and Trixie's romance, with a very nice twist to it at the end twenty-five years later. I liked it a great deal, and can't wait to see what else you have been doing...thanks again.

FREDDO
Summer39 chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
This was so beautifully written. I loved the historical mentions as well as the sentiments attached to them. Again you've managed to capture the readers attention from the very start; the plot giving way to a story that was wonderfully sweet. I embraced every word of love and hope shared between Speed and Trixie. Nice that you kept them close to canon. And the ending made my eyes brim with tears-you know that I'm a sucker for this sort of thing. No one is more deserving of a more thoughtful gift other than Jen. Smooches to you both!
Oriana1 chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
I just got the author alert for this wonderful story. Reading it made me realize how much of an incredible writer you are. I’m thrilled that you have a new Speed Racer fic.

This was such a wonderfully romantic tale. Having Rome as the backdrop was just perfect. The earlier drive in scene was classic. Speed got pay back for having ulterior motives for going to the movies. I bet he won’t do that again!

I especially loved all that fluff! Talk about steamy!

The end was really nice, too. I can picture middle-aged Speed looking just as you described him. (Not like the way he’s depicted in that awful Speed Racer Lives website) Nice to see that their wishes came true and, in spite of ups and downs, they’re still happy after twenty-five years of marriage.

Again, I’m so glad to see a new Speed Racer story from you. I hope when you get the chance you can contribute another.

I was wondering, did you get my PM? I know that PMs from this site have a way of mysteriously not making it to the intended receiver's inbox sometimes.
Jen23 chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
I am so touched. Thank you so very much. I couldn't ask for a better birthday gift. And, I could never write Speed and Trixie the way you do.

It was so nice to read about these two at the drive in and how Speed still had racing on his mind at first. Too bad when he finally didn't, it wasn't much later that Trixie was hooked on the movie. - lol! But, they ended up sharing some kisses. You wrote that beautifully. Oh, and - "Next time I'll bring her to a horror flick." - Loved that!

Then during the race in Rome, their team work was written perfectly with Sparky included. Also, the way the girls always throw themselves at Speed and poor Trixie is pushed aside. I'm glad that when Speed noticed she was gone, that he remembered what he had promised to do. The tossing of the coins into the fountain was beautiful. Then twenty-six years later, wow! I really loved that. From Speed admitting that his wish from long ago came true, to him winking a thanks to the Trevi. I absolutely loved this. Thank you so much, KSF.
Shinammi chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
Aw! This was so sweet! Your Speed Racer stories are always amazing and this one certainly did not disappoint. Definite fav!
Hawk Mage chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
This was so sweet. I love the TREVI poem. Every one of your stories are great!