Reviews for Web of Cadmus
slickboy444 chapter 38 . 6/23/2009
Sorry it's taken me a while to review this my friend. I've had to do some catching up. Overall, you tied up many of the loose ends here. You set the clones up with new lives and left plenty of room for more story later on. I was half expecting Doc Ock to make one more appearance, but it's probably better he didn't. The fact he's still out there lends plenty of options. I do hope you try and pick this up again down the line, if nothing else for a one-shot or something, because with the way you've left it there's plenty of room to work with. lol

Like what you did with Kaine and Galatea. That was one of the unexpected pairings in this story I ended up growing fond of. They're both pretty messed up (Peter and Kara are messed up as well, but you get what I mean). But they understand each other and support each other. They're one of those shaky characters where you don't know if they'll stay good or go bad again. It leaves the end open to so many different interpretations and I think it's a fitting way to go.

As for Peter and Kara, you've really done a lot with them since the first story. It almost feels like they've been together as long as Peter and MJ were in the comics. They've had their share of bumps just like they did, but you really have made them something special and I can't think of too many stories like this that have succeeded in that respect. I'm not entirely sure but this is probably the only Peter/Kara fic out there and despite all the differences they have in terms of coming from different universes, you've found a way to make it work with them. That's really saying something and I applaud you for it.

It's a shame to see this story end. At one point I was sort of hoping one more visit from the Ultimate universe, but this fits nicely and you should be very proud of this story. Together with the first one, it's really quite a tale. I can't praise you enough for it and I encourage you to keep up the good work! Stay cool like you always do. Slickboy out.
Mark C chapter 38 . 6/20/2009
I was wondering how things would wrap up and I must say, it was done exceptionally well. Out of all of them, Guardian was the only one to stay with Cadmus and you can't fault him. His logic in staying was sound and I hope he becomes the moral compass they need there.

Didn't expect to see Superboy and Miss Martian as members of the Teen Titans but they should be good members. It seems Superboy has found a girl of interest to him already.

It didn't surprise me that Galatea and Kaine would be together and on their own. I really like seeing how Galatea is handling things. Her new name and alter ego are perfect. I wonder if Kaine will do the same.

I liked the ending with Peter and Kara. Nice and peaceful. They don't have to carry the load of being the only superheroes in NY now but they are still needed there.

Hopefully there is one more story to be told from this and I will look forward to it.
Orihime-San chapter 38 . 6/18/2009
Spider-Man is my favorite super hero character and I really love this story and the previous one, But I have to say that mabe you should stick a little to the skript in the Justice League series and also ... ENOUGH WITH THE CLONES!

You have talent!

KEEP ON WRITING!
Wolvmbm chapter 38 . 6/17/2009
Now this was a great way to end the story as it shows that everything had change, but for the better. :D

While there's still some trouble concerning Doc Ock and Lex Luthor's "partnership" and Zoom's appearance, it seems that everything else is just fine. :D

If I may suggest a future idea for a one-shot, why not have team up with Flash against Zoom ?

I did enjoy the fact that you brought in the Teen Titans into this story as a short cameo and also the ending for Galatea and Kaine, as both of them have discovered a new purpose for their lives. :D

Please I would like to encourage you that whatever idea you think of, I'm right behind you with support 100%. ;)

Thank you once again for a great story/sequel towards your last one. ;)

Please keep up the good work upon any future storyidea that you can think of. ;)
Soului chapter 38 . 6/17/2009
Well, that certainly ended differently than it did in the series. Well done, I greatly enjoyed it!
morring star chapter 38 . 6/17/2009
i do hope there a sequal in the works i have real enjoyed this story line you came up wiht and would love to see more of the ultimatie spider man/JLU cross over. be safe and keep up the good work god bless
The-Knight2000 chapter 38 . 6/17/2009
Good closing chapter. Little bit light on the ation, but thats the purpose of an epilogue I guess lol.

Good stuff, nice to see the loose ends tied off. Personally I hope you do another sequel, it's been a great ride once again.

Nice work :-)
X00001 chapter 38 . 6/17/2009
Nice ending i'm glad that it turned out to be a happy ending for Kaine and Galatea i hope they live happy ever after. I hope you do think of an idea to continue with this series because it hs been very good and it would be sad to see it go. I like the fact that you sent the younger heros to the Titans, maybe you should do a story about them? That would be interesting to see anyway can't wait to see what you write next keep up the good work.
LycoX chapter 38 . 6/16/2009
Pretty good ending man. And seeing as how you've got something to work with. You could always do a Titans spin off from this story.
Ratdogtwo chapter 38 . 6/16/2009
Great story. you did a really awsome job.
mdizzle chapter 38 . 6/16/2009
Personally I think you should go for the Brainiac angle and you know, make him more than just a one episode villain. And there's always the Legion of Doom to fall back on if not.

I do hope to see another story like this. I always found the JLU had so much more unexplored potential. Potential you point out. XD
cabrera1234 chapter 38 . 6/16/2009
how about a Marvel vs DC story like that video game MK VS DC
Lord Edric chapter 38 . 6/16/2009
well i'm kind of sad to see it go, but on the other hand its nice to see a good story come to a good end. If there is another sequel i wonder if there will be another Marvel villan
Multifan chapter 38 . 6/16/2009
And so another of your stories come to an end.

I thought Eiling was already a part of Cadmus.

It's a pity Waller's dead. I would love to have seen the look in her eyes when the other clones announced they were quitting.

Part of me still thinks Guardian should have quit, but I can understand why he made his decision. His arguments behind his decision are quite valid. He's becoming the "Green Arrow" of the new Cadmus - someone who can help the others well-grounded. Like I said in a previous post, he's the kind of guy I can see working well along with the League.

I can understand why the League is keeping Powergirl and Kaine on a leash. Especially Kara and Peter. But at least the "leash" isn't pulled tight.

So Superboy and M'gann are with the Titans. I can see that. I'm a little surprised about Static and Gear being there. Then again, it could be considered a stepping stone for them. They're good at working together and working with RBM and Shebang on occasions. But they haven't been part of a team before. Here, they'll get the teamwork experience.

Because Static and Gears showed up in your stories, I recalled how they worked with most of the founding League members, and Batman mentioned the Titans. One of the bad things about the ending of Static Shock was how open-ended it was. We also didn't see Static and Gears teaming up with the Titans or having Wonder Woman visit Dakota. I can see Static's and Gears' eyes threatening to pop out of the mask and faceplate, respectively. And if Wonder Woman were to visit Dakota, Shebang would definitely make her presence known.

Sometimes I think even a set of adamantium claws couldn't cut the tension between Batman and Wonder Woman, and that's mostly because of Batman.

I can see Powerboy and Zoom making trouble in the future. Same goes for Shadowfire, and I think an idea to explain his disappearance from your story would be that he got shipped to a special satellite facility that supposedly only Waller knew about. But the good Doc and Luthor now know about it as well.
Silver Warrior chapter 38 . 6/16/2009
tis sad to see this come to a close, but I do like how you wrapped things up. 'Galatea' got her new costume and name, various others are joining the Teen Titans.

I'm hoping something SpiderX will be your next project, or maybe even The New Teacher? Heck, I wouldn't be disappointed to see something of the New Exiles either.
972 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »