Reviews for Fate's Fool
Ellae chapter 1 . 4/11
I thought at first that mossy orbs were rocks.
And personal pet peeve here: that a reincarnation would look physically the same. I'm skeptical
Ellae chapter 2 . 4/11
An interesting twist on the classic explanation for the Red Book though I think there could have been more detail and maybe more of a journey owl-realization as well as rationale for the imp and Jareth's cruelty. I loved the observation by his mother that Adeline's surya were cruel because she was dreamer. And it's lovely to think of a human Jareth, tho even a hint of the imp's identity (Merlin? For laughs) would be nice
accentric.punctuation chapter 2 . 10/21/2015
I think out of all Reincarnation! Sarah story i've ever read yours is by far my favourite. I think what made me love it is the fact that despite Sarah's soul is Adeline's and they share more traits than just their physical attributes, but they're still different people. They're the same and yet different. Likewise With Garrett/Jareth, despite him still being physically alive, but Garrett Nightingale 'Died' when he became Jareth and he became a different person. So even though they were supposed to meet, they didn't fall in love with their past selves, rather their present selves, and i think it's very beautiful.

My favourite scene, in terms of story telling would be the ball scene in Sarah
s dream, where you reinforce the fact that Sarah/Adeline and Jareth/Garrett are different people.

My favourite line is "She watched the owl peck at the cracker crumbs with disdain on her desk. She hadn't even been aware that Owls could be disdainful until now." I don't know why but it cracks me up.

Anyway, this is such an amazing story, tbh i would be extremely ecstatic if you were to continue this and explore their relationship further, but i respect your decision if you don't wish to. I mean in terms of story telling i think the ending is extremely marvellous, but the fangirl in me just want to know what's gonna happen next X)
Starviking chapter 2 . 5/21/2014
I don't usually care for the 'Jareth was once human' origin stories, but this one wasn't bad.
Ellen Weaver chapter 2 . 12/16/2013
This was really quite beautiful. I love how you're able to tell a complex and profound story about love and loss and redemption with such an economy of words. This is superior work, and I'm so happy I had the opportunity to read it.
ZombieReader chapter 2 . 7/21/2013
My dear,

AAAWWWWWW! THIS IS SO CUTE AND LOVELY! I just can't express how much I live this and the general idea behind it! Wel done my dear, well done.
MayGirl85 chapter 2 . 8/20/2012
Interesting perspective. I liked it.
Kyndsie chapter 2 . 8/5/2012
Nice approach for this story!

Wow. Just, wow.
overa chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
Miss Unintroducted, I like it. I think I'll start calling strangers that
CynthiaStar chapter 2 . 5/2/2010
It is beautiful. I so love Labyrinth prequels! :)
Dark Roswellian Angel chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
Ah, what a wonderful way to end a truly dreamy fairy tale. Fantastic :)
Dark Roswellian Angel chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Holy cow! Absolutely fascinating. There is such an Ichabod Crane meets Pride and Prejudice/Austin feel to this- love it. I can't wait to see how it turns out :)
LuckyNumbers chapter 2 . 5/8/2009
AW! SO CUTE!
Mentally Insane Fangirl chapter 2 . 12/21/2007
This story was beautiful, I love how at the end Jareth told Sarah that she already was a Nightingale. Wonderful job at writing this~!
cherehatter chapter 2 . 11/22/2007
thats different but i like it