Reviews for Mother's Day
x.lizzy.x chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
awww...that was sweet :)

Jo always knows the right thing to say, doesn't she? lol

good job :)
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
That was great. Dean would have so needed someone to talk to after he was so tempted to stay in the Djinn's dream world and felt so guilty about it, despite the fact that didn't in the end. And ringing Jo on Mother's Day was just so apt, she is the closest person the boys have to a mother figure and he can always open up to her. Perfect.
dark-angels-who-eat-cookies chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
There's something about that episode that always got me. Seeing Sam hating Dean, after watching their camaraderie, was unsettling. I didn't ever consider beyond that, to how much Dean would have been tempted, and how it would have felt. This provoked thoughts in me that add more to the whole Supernatural show. You make me think of it in a new light, and I love it :)

Love Dawec
elderwitty chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
This will be the "Oh, Dean" review.

-He wanted his mom.

Oh, Dean.

-He’d had her. Just for a moment. And even if she’d only been in his head, the loss of her again felt almost unbearable.

Oh, Deeaan. (I'd love to be more articulate, but this is what you've reduced me to. Tears springing to my eyes, even.)

That Jo can tell from their tiny exchange that something's wrong is awesome. That she knows exactly what to do to soothe Dean is beyond all telling. Have I mentioned that Jo is fabulous lately? All the Sweeds rock, but Jo leads in fabulosity.

-“I’ll pass on your condolences,” Jo said dryly.

My eyes are still wet, yet I'm laughing out loud. How DO you do that?

-“Oh, sweetheart.”

See, see? Jo "Oh, Dean"s, too. And she immediately knew what his wish would be. She doesn't just love Dean, she -gets- him.

- “He said I hooked up with his prom date. On prom night.” Dean laughed a little wryly. “That sounds like me.”

“No, it doesn’t,” Jo contradicted him sharply. Dean couldn’t help his blink of surprise. “I don’t believe you would ever hurt Sam like that Dean. Ever.”

Dean felt the pressure in his chest loosen. Gratefulness and an odd relief that she would think better of himself than he did.

Thank God she knows better, and feels free to tell him. Sharply. Which is needed to get through the thick layer of 'never good enough' that surrounds Dean despite his cocky swagger.

Better even, though, is setting him straight about the difference between being tempted and acting on that temptation. It's not bravery if you're not scared, right? Same principle applies.

-“Life isn’t always fair, baby,” she answered.

And Dean couldn’t help the laugh.

“That’s what Dad would have said,” he told her, wiping his eyes.

John's version would be more girly, though. Something along the lines of, "Suck it up, son."

-“I know I’m not…. That it’s not the same, but… I’m so proud of you.”

Dean swallowed and was silent.

No, it wasn’t the same. Not exactly. But even if it wasn’t, even if it felt a little hollow, it was real.

It's not the same. But, on the other hand, it isn't biology either. She -picked- him (and Sam) to be her family. Amongst all the sorrow and regret, there's a little joy to be had in that.

Concrit:

I had to look hard. All I came up with is that "make-shift" is more commonly without a hyphen.

FluffNutter chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
I was just re-reading this, and it made me cry.

I think you write angst better than anyone I've read so far. There is such realism - never over-the-top - and such truth behind your characters' thoughts and actions.

Anyway, I just wanted to say "brava" and I hope you continue the Sweed!verse.

Fluff
writerchick03 chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Sad, but so good!
Rinne chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Beautifully done.
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
Aww, I loved that. Great job.
famous99 chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
This was one of my favorite episodes of the season, reading and rehashing with Dean's POV - with Jo & Luke in his life - added another dimension to what was already fantastic.
November'sGuest chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
Thank you! Finally, someone says what I keep saying, that Dean would never be like that to Sam. That has really bugged me ever since that episode. I don't believe that Dean would ever be a jerk to Sam even if their mom hadn't died, his big brother instinct is more than a product of their mother's death.

Good job! And I'm glad you put in there that sometimes living is the hardest choice, the brave choice. Very wise.

Nicole
JuDei chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
Wonderful as always!

Jo knows Dean so well by now, knows how to get what information he is willing to give up to her.

I love the relationship between these two. Dean is such a tragic figure in that he and Sam have lost so much, and he takes it so much to heart yet keeps it to himself. I like the realism in that he loves Jo and is close to her, but yet he can't just bring himself to pour his heart out to her. It's always just out of his reach. You can feel how torn he is between wanting to spill everything but yet having the strong need to protect his emotions by not giving too much away.

Keep writing in this universe. Long, short, whatever. I'll take whatever I can get!
Lisette chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
This was a beautiful AU-tag to that episode. I love how you continue to blend canon with this world that you've created - one where the boys have a family that do love them so very much, and yet where they maintain their independence and their adventures. I also can't help hoping that you're going to tackle the season finale, pt 1 & 2. I'd love to see everyone's reaction to what happened... and I can't help desperately hoping that you'd show me that the Sam that we have post AHBL2 is still the same Sam that we've grown to know and love. And the deal he made? The fact that Sam was DEAD and Dean brought him back. What would they make of all of this? How would Jo and Luke and the boys somehow make it all better, more managable?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be taking this on in the coming days, weeks, and months, for you truly are a wonderful writer, and you do this fandom credit.

Well done!
Brenny chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
that was once again so sweet *g* i really really hope you gonna write a jo including story to AHBL *pretty please* *puppydogeyes, the hole nine yards*
stoopbeck chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
I don't know whether I should feel warm and fuzzy or cry, so I'll do both!

Aww, Dean.
NC Girl chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
That was just perfect! That's really all I can say about it. I loved every word. Thank you for writing another "Jo and the boys" story so soon after your last. :)