Reviews for Wolfsbane
Alti'uin chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
I loved it. I love the stories where Link is having after effects with his wolf side. Excellent writing as well. All in all, it was a very enjoyable read.
obsessivereader95 chapter 7 . 3/31/2011
LOVED IT! i'm SOOOOO glad the ending wasn't sad! i've been looking everywhere for a story where link reveals his secret. this is only the second one i could find! i commend you for that. very well-written!
Kaylee Tam chapter 7 . 6/25/2009
Love this story! It has a ton of qualities I look for in every good story: good grammar, a character fighting against himself, the revelation of a secret, among others. I loved reading this story and will love rereading it in the future. _

Thanks for writing this!
grvest chapter 7 . 5/29/2009
i can't think of anything to say other than awesome i wish people would make more fic about the wolf form speaking of which i know this is kinda stupid and i shouldn't be asking a total stranger but can you be wolf link on brawl? i know it's stupid to ask a total stranger but i ramble and ask stupid questions too much so sorry about that but this is awesome
Catty chapter 7 . 4/21/2009
This is one of the best wolf Link stories I've ever seen. It frickin' ROCKS! _ XD
juju chapter 7 . 3/2/2009
Umm... most lycanthrope lore uses the "Yellow Wolf's Bane" which is a cousin to Monkswood...
SilverBlueGrey chapter 7 . 1/24/2009
i loved it! I think that was one of the best "link has issues with his wolf side" stories that i've read! I really want to read more stories about "link being stuck in his wolf form/changing into a wolf often" type stories. - there actually aren't that many, even though i find that such an interesting idea... I might have to write one if i can find a good plot idea.
Roshko87 chapter 7 . 9/28/2008
I really liked the story. You're a talented writer, with a good head for dialogue and description, and I loved the way the story moved and the way the Wolf was an element of his own personality that he had to control.

Now, I hate to really start on this, because I don't want to be discouraging to a writer as good as yourself, especially considering how good the fic was, but, here goes. To be honest, I didn't like the ending. You mentioned earlier that the story was never intended to be very long, but I kind of felt like the potion solution came out of the blue and was there only to provide a quick finish, almost a kind of deus ex machina, and I really wish you would have let Link the wolf carry a bit more blame for the negative actions around him then you did.

Overall, I think you've got a great head for writing a story, and I think all of these problems would have been solved with a longer fic. The description was good, the fighting scenes were well done, the dialogue was well written, everything was in place except for the ending for me. But that's just my opinion!

Great job, keep up the good work!
S.tormy chapter 7 . 8/18/2008
This fanfic is really good, I love it :)

I love the ones where he still has the gem ect ect.

Please email me when the next chapter(s) get uploaded?

AT hotmail DOT com

thanks in possible advance -
Pjokstr chapter 7 . 7/15/2008
Great story
Lupanari chapter 7 . 6/4/2008
Great story. I really enjoyed it. A little worrying when Link found out that the herds were being hunted and the villagers went after him, but it came out all right in the end. :)

Adding the "Wolfsbane Potion" in was nice. :D Recognized the connection immediately.
Amethyst Princess 27 chapter 7 . 5/31/2008
This is the best loZ fanfic i've read. It was realistic to twilight princess and I believe if there was ever a sequel to TP, this would be it. I have been trying to write a loZ fanfic (or something like it) myself and could never get that amount of clarity. Keep it up Twilight Stallion!
Ruthie of the Wildcats chapter 3 . 4/18/2008
Hmm...you make it hard for me to be a critic! Darn you! :D I honestly can't find much of anything to nag about in this chapter. Darn! Well, that means it's amazing!

I really enjoyed his transformation scene, and how you brought all the different smells he became aware of to our attention. I noticed a couple of spelling errors there: elongated (enlongated), brambish (bramblish, or is that a word, because it sounds like it could be one.) How you described the scent of the deer was very nice.

I wish I had started reviewing before I'd finished the story. The setup with the eerie howl the wolf heard in reply to his own was a very good use of foreshadowing. I like that you had it happen, then let it slowly slide out of our minds. You didn't constantly remind us that he'd heard an un-canine reply, which was nice because it wasn't like you were reminding us every subsequent chapter "He heard those howls the previous night...They weren't natural...He wondered what they were...A week later, he had wondered every day about them." I hate it when people do that, but you're not, so you get cookies for that!

The unease Link felt as he wondered if he was the one killing off the goats was very well portrayed. I had to admit, I suspected him at the start...you kept me guessing until the end! Well done!

-Ruthie
Ruthie of the Wildcats chapter 2 . 3/29/2008
As the group are walking to Coro's shop, Talo loses his toy sword. You make no mention of him ever retrieving it, and yet a few lines later, it seems to have magically reappeared in his hands.

I loved your reference to the random objects you find in dungeons. I personally wondered where it all came from. Like in Jabu-Jabu's belly in OoT...No wonder the fishgod is always sick! He keeps swallowing random crates, pots, and whatnot!

You have a line that starts out thusly: "His short attention span switched to a large flower, it's". 'Its' is the possessive form, which is the one you want to use. Told you I nitpick.

You portrayed Link's anger very well at the end of this chapter. He wasn't hopping mad, but he wasn't exactly ready to forgive either. That distant sort of "You're going to get it, but not from me." was quite in character for him. Very well done! I commend you!

The last line made me wanted to laugh. Although, if Link was ticked off at me, I doubt I'd be any bolder that Talo and Malo. You don't want to P. O. a guy with a sword. I'd be way too scared to even apologize.
Ruthie of the Wildcats chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
One of the first things that struck me as I started this chapter was your attention to physiology. You said that as Wolf-Link stretched his legs, his paws "vibrated slightly." Being on the track team gives one a lot of time to stretch, and I know that this is the case for stretched muscles. Good job! I love that kind of attention to detail! And I did warn you I was nitpicky, didn't I? Well, you know now!

The spell Link has to say..."Lupus Velut Luna." That sounds Latin. I recognize the 'lupus' and 'luna' pieces. Does 'velut' have any meaning, or is it "fake" Latin?

Link can transform into his clothes? Man, that's handy! I guess it's good, because he can maintain some of his boyish modesty. I'm not criticising that part, I just think it's cool that you have him transform fully-clothed, instead of having him run around going, "OMG I'M NAKEDS!"

I can't say that I've ever been..."down in the attic." Was that a typo (was he down in the basement/up in the attic?), or is it just a fun way of saying it?

I really do admire how well you've portrayed our favorite Hero of Time here. Link's insistance that Colin come along for the trip seems very in character for him, to me at least.

Are you still alive? That means you've just survived your first Ruthie-ing! Congrats!
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »