Reviews for The First Step
ama-chan13 chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
Oh me like, hope there's more! v
Sin Oan chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
Wow. I am kinda in awe. This story is so well written I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see it in a GitS novel, it's certainly professional quality. The beginning as well really gave me a sense of 'Being There' because you described it so well. I wish I could do that.

I love snipers as well, and Saito is one of my favourite Section 9 characters. The 2nd GiG episode Poker Face is probably my all time favourite GitS episode.

Only one thing confused me - why did Morgan have to do this bizarre sniper shot that involved hanging her out of a balcony to shoot another sniper, when they knew where the sniper was? I mean if he was in the same building, why didn't she just tell Pazu and Borma and the others which room she spotted him in, and then have them tank it over there and kick the door down? It'd be so much easier to nail the guy by assaulting the room he was in (and quicker too, since the whole harness thing took precious time, and being on a balcony with a rifle he'd have his back to the room leaving him vulnerable) and would have also led to the possibility of capturing the sniper and arresting him for later interrogation. Section 9 are police officers, not assassins.

If Tachikoma's (or their replacements) were available for use, one could have used its TO camo and accessed the roof the first sniper was on and pinned him down with its sheer weight (and lets face it, when you're focusing through the scope of a rifle you're not really aware of what’s going on around you), whilst a second lowered itself from the roof of the apartment building using cables and blocked the balcony the second sniper was on to prevent him from making his shot. Naturally he would then ditch his rifle and make a run for it - right out of the room and into the waiting hands of Pazu and Borma. Assuming of course he became inclined to run at all with a Tachi's machine gun sticking in his face (I'm a Tachikoma fan, so sue me!).

Sorry about otherthinking the whole thing. That’s just me, I love thinking of tactics and strategy. I really liked this fic and if you get the chance I'd love to read the other one you had planned where Morgan meets Saito, that'd rock.