Reviews for Instinct
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 12/19/2015
I don't know 2003 Leatherhead, but this character study sounds plausible. That's how crocodiles are. And yeah, I can imagine his humanity takes control most of the time, but his base nature as a predator is definitely something dangerous for the turtles. Scary undertones. Definite Jekyll and Hyde situation. Interesting that two very different personalities are part of the same character.
SilentEliza chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
wow... just wow...

great insight in to leatherheads charachter!
meganechan720 chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
Oooh, chilling. I like it. Leatherhead doesn't get enough love in the fandom.
Mathildis chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
i love how you managed to get the reader into Leatherhead's mind in your story. A very good story about this character who's struggling to temper his instinct.

I like the character Leatherhead, so i really like what you wrote :-)
RubyDracoGirl chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
whoa, man. that's intense!
thechickenlittle chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
chilling. but very interesting.
Reluctant Dragon chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Beautifully done! you really captured his shame and tone of voice really well, and the story was masterfully executed. Not too short, not too long, and the perfect length to get what you wanted across- very nice job!

~RD
Winnychan chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Ohh... creepy and compelling! Also a neat spin on his attacking Michelangelo. Like always, I am left feeling greatly sympathetic for poor Leatherhead. I kind of wanted to give him a hug at the end of this fic... but at the same time, I -really- didn't.

XOXO

Winnychan
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
Whoa! That's a very good story. I can see LH thinking like this. It's a shame that I haven't found too many Leatherhead stories on this site. This one was cool. You are a good writer.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
Rick Cavalla chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
YES! THIS is the true, the one and only Leatherhead! His animal side is definitely still there, and it is definitely strong! But LH is everything but a monster. Personally I am glad that his animal side is that strong, because to me that means that the huamns did not have such a big influence on him. The Turtles are much more humanlike. Not LH, he really is just himself, so pure and clean. He should be happy with that. He is what he is. One can't be more and one shouldn't be less.
anypenname chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Wow, LH can be pretty scary ( _ ) ...But I love his complex, angsty character Good to see a fic about him-they're pretty rare. Great jobb on this!
greshunkai chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
I think Jessiy has the accurate of it... LH, who was someone's 'pet' at a very early stage in his life,

never had to fend for himself in a swamp-but! what if...

...if he had been a wild croc before being a pet, turtle would have been a mainstay of his diet...crocs are quite adept at cracking those shells...& getting at the tender, tasty meat inside-

you did a fine piece of work, limning his innermost thoughts.

good writing much appreciated. thank you.
Jessiy Landroz chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
If I recall, LH was flushed down into the sewers when he was a hatchling, and no sooner had he gotten down did the utrom find him, and that's when he came in contact with the ooze. He'd lived with the Utrom in hiding all these years, and although this type of thought is actually very much possible, IMHO, I really don't think he'd let such thoughts wonder or even echo more often than they should...
Reijiro chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
What a brilliant insight into LHs' character. And wonderfully written to boot.

Great job!
Sewer Slider chapter 1 . 5/15/2007
Nice li'l fic here. I never thought of LH feeling that way, but now I can't stop... GAH! Anyway, great work!