Reviews for The Illusion Of Propriety
Unseen Watcher chapter 2 . 3/21
Telepaths have the most fun...when they're not in pain. Very nice. Poirot would be proud. heh.
sara.koch90 chapter 1 . 6/30/2018
This is incredible. I am lucky to have discovered you as a fanfiction author. It is so difficult to find great fanfictions let alone find any for a niche fandom. I have read your stories 10 years ago when my english wasn't the best (am german) but I couldn't restrain myself because I knew that they are something special. Now I find myself always returning to all of them and still loving them all if not even more because I can see how amazing, rare and incredible you are Scarlet and I I really hope this review reaches you even though it's long overdue. All the best and hoping that you still are or will be writing fanfictions.
Wai-Jing Waraugh chapter 2 . 3/30/2018
I must admit, I was a little disappointed with you when I first read this. As a mystery-story buff, I couldn’t fail to recognise the plot of ‘Death on the Nile’; as soon as Valerie appeared, I knew exactly how it would go. I was about to call you out for plagiarism - did you think you’d get away with it? Did you think *I* wouldn’t know? - when I actually went back and read your introduction. Okay, at least you credited Christie as a respectful homage, and Lamont does make an ideal ‘amateur criminologist’, with Margot as his beautiful Watson/Hastings (I noticed the Arthur Doyle and Baskerville references; Delilah reminded me of Ariadne Oliver).

You inserted enough of your own touches to keep it interesting: the opium in the wine, the Van Dykes as red herrings, the cobra in the bathroom which was like something out of ‘Live and Let Die’. The best thing, in my opinion, was the love scene between Lamont and Margo, the even more strongly-forged connection you described between them was beautiful!
Not my favourite of yours, I actually prefer your originals, but still good. On to the next!
puion chapter 2 . 6/12/2013
Such a great story! I had fun reading it! Thanks so much for writing!
puion chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
WOW Scarlet, I just want to say thank you so much for writing a story on Shadow, and most of all, continue Lamont & Margo's love story. I adored them in the movie, and it always left me wanting to see more of them, and wondering how their story will go on from there.

Therefore, this story is absolutely fabulous to read! They are just very sweet together, and Margo is just so good for Lamont. Glad they are working it out, and can't wait to read Ch.2! So fascinating!
StrangeElvenKree chapter 2 . 9/12/2012
Again, Scarlet, simply MASTERFUL.
You don't by any chance share blood relation with Mr. Walter B. Gibson, the Shadow's original creator...do you?
Kira-k chapter 2 . 4/10/2010
I enjoyed this story very much. The Shadow is a small fandom and it's hard to find good fics.

Of course, as you've said, the plot was Agatha Christie's, but you rewrote it engagingly and I loved how Lamont and Margo behaved; their love and flirting a nice touch to the Mystery. :3
lotusblossom chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Excellant! Is there more?
Berry chapter 2 . 1/13/2009
Mystery, action, and romance. Your fic has all the best ingredients. Good job.
Seiberwing chapter 2 . 9/17/2008
Very nice, and I see where you got the inspiration-it does read very much like an Agatha Christie story, but with the Margo/Lamont team and the Shadow's unique abilities. Also liked the part with the bet on whether Lamont would wind up using his abilities and the fact that Margo packed his suit just in case-although I think Moe should get off from his debt by extenuating circumstances.
sayrae3times chapter 2 . 2/13/2008
This was such an amazingly wonderful story. I was on a 3 hour flight this past week so I printed this up to read it on the go, and my husband ended up giving me funny looks every so often b/c I would break out giggling or gasp for seemingly no reason! I think the thing that I really liked was the fact that it reminded me of the old radio shows, where Margo and Lamont would work together to solve a crime – only this time it was even better because it was Lamont to solve the crime, not the Shadow! I especially liked the whole Margo-Shrivvy bets that neither one ended up holding out. That was really cute and something that I could totally see the two of them doing :) Incredible job!
Frostfyre7 chapter 2 . 2/8/2008
Well done, very entertaining! I think I find this version somewhat more entertaining than even the Great Agatha Christie's, if only because a handsome telepath/telekinetic is more fun than a Belgian gourmand. :D THanks for a great read!
Mandi96 chapter 2 . 11/1/2007
The Shadow and Agatha Christie? Can a story GET any more perfect?

Good job in mixing the two, I got a little confused with the names of people, but I guess that's because I've read the other book so many times.
bluedragon1836 chapter 2 . 10/6/2007
that was good. the shadow is awesome.
Malicean chapter 2 . 5/16/2007
I read Death on the Nil some time ago, but hey, it didn't ruin enjoying this story. Love your version of the Shadow too much for that.