Reviews for Zima, about Dita
akiraprofessor chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Hmm... this fic is not bad, though I actually don't understand the point Zima is trying to make. Is the whole point that he and Dita are the exact opposite of a stereotypical guy-girl relationship? Or is it just supposed to be a 'let's sit down and muse a little' kind of fic? I know Zima keeps saying it's a topsy-turvy relationship, but then that doesn't seem to be the point, it seems to be an observation. I don't know if you would agree with me, but somehow, I feel that from there Zima would have come up with a conclusion or something. That something, for me, was missing.

Another point I've like to make is about the usage of stereotypicality (is there even such a word?) in this fic. I understand the introspection of an atypical relationship compared to a stereotypical relationship concept you are trying to raise here. However, you have pointed out that Zima is an extremely intelligent persocom. The whole point about Zima in both anime and manga is that he is against the stereotyping of persocom as lifeless beings who's only duty on earth is to serve humans etc etc. Thus, I find it hard to buy that he would compare him and Dita to a stereotypical view of boy-girl relationships, and fail to recognise that male and female relationships manifest in so many different ways.

That being said, I must point out, for the sake of my Ego that I, a girl, have beat up guys before. Many times. Even though I'm only a little over five feet. That's because God gave men a huge weak point on the outside within appropriate kneeing distance of a shorter human being, like, for example, a woman. (But then, this is just the feminist in me speaking up and has nothing to do with how good or bad your fic is.)

However, despite all this things I have pointed out, I still do not think your fic is a bad fic. The writing technique is good, more or less grammatically correct. The sentence structures are fluent and of an appropriate length. The flow of the story is smooth, and you move from one point to the other with sufficient fluidity. There are also some things you said that I agree with, like the concept of "penetration", how Zima muses that he cannot play that particular male role. Several other concepts are most certainly worth thinking about. Most of them I find interesting, even if I don't necessarily agree with them.

So, all in all, I thought your fic was well written in terms of the presentation of your ideas and the argument and analysis behind it. Not a bad job. Hope to see more from you.
Evil Riggs chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Interesting stuff. I endorse this event or product.