Reviews for The Briar Patch
Didine34790 chapter 12 . 7/29/2011
I think this is a very interesting story
iamnana chapter 12 . 5/30/2011
Not sure if you are even considering updating/completing this story, but I think you have a great line going here and would love to see how you play it out. I really hope you bring L/L back together at some point. Also, the religous aspect is a little dodgy for me, I'm not against it, I just see it being a difficult obsticle for them.
Guest chapter 12 . 1/23/2011
Oh hey, good stuff, I like where it's going. I was just thinking, could you start describing the scenery more, though? Sometimes I get a little confused about where they are or what the people look like or wearing. You have to remember that while you might be able to imagine it with perfect clarity, the rest of us aren't in your head and as such can't see what you imagine.I had no idea what Cheyenne looked like until quite a few chapters in, or even how old she was until Julie said so! You have to describe these basic things, I cannot repeat this enough!

But I do like where you're going, but I would like to see Cheyenne play the peacemaker between Emily, Richard and Lorelai. I could totally see her quoting the bible at a Friday dinner (don't forget that Lorelai promised to attend Friday dinners in the series finale!) and getting them to realise their mistakes.

I also like your dialogue in the story, as most of it is pretty much dead on. Just, whatever you do, PLEASE (pretty please with nuts, marshmallows, Flakes, extra whipped cream AND a cherry on top) do not make like other FF and have ridiculous and repeated speeches stating the characters feeling or something. They never did that on the show, so why the hell would they do it now? I'm not saying you do it (actually, thankfully, you're one of the few that don't) I just don't want you to start. Max., one or two.

Lastly, please don't think that I'm trying to be mean or hurt your feelings. I just don't like pointless sugarcoating is all. And I especially hate praising people who don't deserve to be praised. But honestly, I think you are a good writer who has the potential to be an amazing writer
girlface chapter 12 . 9/30/2009
I can definitly see how you might have needed a break from this story for a bit. You have so many things going on that would be hard to tackle (or at least they would be for me) but I absolutely love it and hope you decide to continue. Everyone in SH is such a character that she fits in like that, but she would have such a hard time at school and would prob be held back a grade or two. I really want to know how L&L make their relationship work, hopefully as a couple but even as friends. luke was such an influence to Rory I think he would do the same with Cheyenne, he'd be a great down to earth role model for her.

Hope you continue, and especially with a detailed Emily/Richard chapter!
Princesakarlita411 chapter 12 . 8/8/2008
wow really enjoying this fic

wats gonna happen between luke and lorelai?
ilovetoJAM chapter 12 . 4/3/2008
luv it update asap
ggfuatuiwwgiac chapter 12 . 8/28/2007
Can't wait to read more update soon!
Browndoggy03 chapter 12 . 8/25/2007
Oh, I love this story!

Hmm, the religion thing is going to be complicated for them, I guess.

Can you write a scene where they go shopping for her bedroom? I want to see what they do with it!
7thgirlgal chapter 12 . 8/22/2007
wow i really like it keep on going...
PyramidHead316 chapter 12 . 8/22/2007
It's funny. When I first read the title for this chapter, I thought it was about Emily and Richard Gilmore. :D

It looks like they both have some adjusting to do. Cheyenne has to realize that people are different there and she may have to do some compromise, at least if she wants to pass school. That also includes accepting that not everyone is as religious as her. Lorelai has to accept that Cheyenne has been raised with an entirely different set of beliefs, and it may take a while until they can meet halfway. I must say I'm a little disturbed hearing those words coming from a child. I can't help but wonder how other people will react to it, and what'll happen once she realizes Lorelai hasn't been married and had Rory out of wedlock.

You write some very interesting stories, born-on-sunday. They may not always be pleasant, but they are different, and that's

a definite compliment to say. It can't always be about Lorelai's problems with her parents and Rory's neverending drama with her boyfriends.
cywen69 chapter 12 . 8/21/2007
A very intersting chapter, I was wondering when her religious beliefs would come out and clash with Lorelai's. I just kept thinking about the baptism and how lor and rory were talking to the minister.

Wendy
GGLOVER91 chapter 12 . 8/21/2007
i liked your story up until the whole stuff about going to heaven and hell and Lorelai not liking that or whatever. I'm enjoying your story, but I am a christian and I dont think that was very right. If that makes any sense at all...lol. Anyways update soon,
BluEeYedBRunETte726 chapter 12 . 8/21/2007
not your best, but still pretty good...it had to have been awkward for lorelai in that scenei think you wrote it very well...keep it up!
Laby Anne Boleyn chapter 12 . 8/21/2007
Great chapter!
Curley-Q chapter 12 . 8/21/2007
Cheyene is going to try her best to convert Lorelai to her biblical ways, I can tell! LOL

Keep up the great work