Reviews for One of Us
browneyednerd chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
I love the "little crime fighting family thing" and I love BB.
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
nice missing scene.
madd09 chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
that was great
FallenForBnB chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
totally dead-on perfect, loved every little part of it
mumrulz chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
Ok found another one!

I love how you are able to write about other people's views of the Booth/Brennan relationship. Those on the outside looking in and what they have observed and how that relationship has changed as well as the relationship of the group as a whole -all due to Booth's influence in some way.

**“We were colleagues and friends but we weren’t really close enough to be considered family. It wasn’t until we started to work on the cases Booth brought us that we really started to know each other. I think it was the intensity and closeness that working those cases brought us that made us as close as we now are.”

...In solving cases they each have an integral role to play & it is when they all come together - Booth included - that they work so close & so well together as a team, as a family.

They had noticed changes in B & B relationship over time, the subtle differences between them arguing & bickering. How they have come to rely on each other, care for each other.

**Booth had broken though all of her usual barriers and had become an important part of her life. His sudden departure from it, under these circumstance, would have had a devastating effect on Brennan; one from which Angela wasn’t sure Brennan would recover.

**When did he become a close and good friend instead of someone we had to put up with? Just when did he become one of us?”

...I love how he is now accepted as one of them & they are not alone as Booth has also come to regard them as friends & family.

They have accepted Booth & the fact that there is something special between Booth & Brennan.

**They’re best friends, like I said. They trust and depend on each other; she relies on him much more than she’ll ever admit – even after this. She cares for all of us, yes, but what she feels for him is different, is deeper. Booth and Brennan not only love each other but they’re also in love with each other.”

...loved how you presented the evidence (for Zach's benefit) to support this...the looks at each other..the trust...their "sixth sense" in regards to the others whereabouts...their many phone calls...& in their touches. You got them all spot on. :-)

You really do have an insight into the workings of the characters. This is plainly illustrated in the conversation about Sully & why Brennan didn't leave with him. The show itself only skimmed over the reason & left the rest of it up to us - the viewing audience - to interpret the real reason. But you have taken it that step further & related it to her childhood & her reasons for wanting stability & come up with a very believeable scenario. Congrats!:-)

**nothing in this life is for sure and if they don’t wake up soon one of them may meet someone that won’t scare him/her as much because he/she won’t be as important but still important enough that they’ll miss their chance to be more.”

...don't ever let the writers of Bones read this, as they seem to be determined to put obstacles along the way. lol.

**each is more than willing to go to any extreme to make sure the other is safe; they’re prepared to do for each other what they wouldn’t do for anyone else – that’s love: being willing to sacrifice your career or happiness so that the other person is happy and safe.”

...summed up perfectly.

And the way that you finished it. In typical Booth & Brennan fashion. Bickering. Bickering & compromising.:-):-):-)
CaRiNeSs chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
lol... I loved this...Zach is so clueless like always... too funny...and Booth and Bren... I hope someday they finally get together! Great job in capturing each character :)
Scarlet Scully chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
So I had to pop over and visit your profile since you had mentioned something about posting in one of your reviews. I don't have time to read everything, but I decided to check out this oneshot and really enjoyed it. I think that you have the dialogue in this piece spot on... Zack was exceptional. I could hear him speaking clearly in my mind and he was very true to his character. And in the end, the interaction between Booth and Brennan was very well done. If I had to pick out one thing though, it would be that this fic could use a quick beta... there just seemed to be a couple of spelling mistakes or words missed that disrupted the great flow to the conversation. I know it's tough to find a beta and I know what it's like to want to just post something right after you have written it. And it is a oneshot, so I don't think it matters quite as much as it would in a longer piece. Anyways, don't let that little nitpick detract from what I really think and that is that this was a great fill-in for that ep.
That Old Black Magic chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
That was unbelievable. Talk about getting inside people's heads. I don't think such an in-depth analysis has ever been done!

It was brilliant and put so much into perspective. Seriously, thanks for putting such a great piece of work out into the world.

This one is going straight to my favs list.
BandBelong chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
WOW! That was amazing, I seriously loved it, its was like insight on why they love eached other but from Angela POV and I just loved it so much, you are and awesome writer. :)
pagan-seijou chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Ah, I loved it! It was really good! Bravissimo!
natosuelta chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Wow! wow, wow, wow...You did a a truly amazing job with this story! You're analysis of all of the characters (esp. Booth and Brennan) is DEAD on. It's just fantastic!
Downwind-Sailor chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Very good sotry. really truly. Except - urgh - I always have this annoying thing where I correct people if they spell the word "lose" wrong because so many people do it and i'm very neurotic:0 But the writing was really good and i enjoyed it IMMENSELY
mendenbar chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
I really liked this -but- and there's always a "but", rewatch that episode. At the diner, behind Booth's chair is a pair of crutches. If he could have walked to the lab with Brennan before going to the ER, he probably would not have needed the crutches. Also, a 3rd degree burn is VERY painful (burnt my hand that way one time) and Booth would definitely have had difficulty walking unassisted for awhile. Still, in all, a very nice, insightful piece. Thanks.
saturn567 chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
great idea! beautiful job!
wolfmyjic chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Oh, Bravo! That was really, really GOOD! You did a great job.

~Wolfy~