Reviews for Last Supper After Party
Moony44 chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
Aw, it was great. I haven't a clue why, but I felt a pang of sorrow when you mentioned that Michael died.

I loved the last line, of course. It was perfect. Everything about it was so in character. I can completely imagine Dwight being closer to Jim after Michael, whom he practically worshiped, died.

And I loved it simply because it was about Dwight. What's not to love about Dwight? Except his sometimes annoying idiosyncrasies.

Anyways, superb job. It was so simple, yet so terrific.
Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Really, really good. Emotionally resonant. I think this little stub might be one of your best. )
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
Brilliant. Evil genius, simply put. Here, let me pull up another tab and look up some more similar words. (Having issues spelling synonyms... or whatever. I think you can guess. I feel like Porky Pig.)

"Accomplished, adroit, agile, artful, brilliant, clever, deft, dexterous, effective capable, effectual, efficient, equal to, experienced, expert, facile, gifted, ingenious, intelligent, keen, learned, masterful, masterly, paid dues, powerful, practiced, prepared, proficient, qualified, responsible, right there, savvy, sharp, skilled, skillful, smart, talented, trained."

That's enough. Probably so. *nods*

THAT QUOTE AT THE END. The poem by Lewis Carroll... *bangs head* My english teacher quoted it all the time. Every day, it was "O frabjous day! Calooh! Callay!" And for the longest time I had no idea what was up with it... Uh... uh... JABBERWOCKY. *feels smart* That is a very Jim thing to say, by the way. XD

Nice job there, neatly dodging the Jam/Jaren argument there. How sneaky. But you know, you just can't make cute... whatever things out of Jim and Karen. (all my english class vocab seems to have been wiped from my head... except zeitgeist. But I don't know what it has to do with literature anyway, so maybe that's why.)

You know, this kind of makes sense in a very sad, twisted sort of way. Everyone kind of needs someone to hate, and I sincerely think that in a case like theirs there is a kind of bond formed in that.

But it does make me want to vomit blood, indeed. *snickers*
writergirl27 chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
I feel sad now that Dwight died- I don't know what's wrong with me
Bookybookbook chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
What a good storyline! I never thought of this and it's so sweet that Dwight wanted Jim to read the eulogy. Once I think about it, I realise Jim would actually be really upset if Dwight died. What a sad idea! :-( But it's one of a kind! Keep going.
Alex Wert chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
I think it needs revision. But I also think that this is the best you've ever captured a character relationship, which is saying quite a bit since you've been excellent with that in the past. And you've got a great sort of melancholy funny going on, which always seems to work well with this show.
Wendy Blue chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
I personally like the fact that Cousin Mose was capitalized...an homage to someone we know perhaps?

How great would that be if Jim did read Dwight's euology? It's the sort of thing that I think Dwight really would do; keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Or some cliche to that effect.

You know I adore your writing, and this particular piece is no different in my adoration. In a fanfic world of fluff and smut, it is refreshing to read your witty, sharp, and spot-on writing. Well done.
Cousin Mose chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Jack, this was both poignant and funny in every good sense of both words, and a real testament to your skills. I like the departure from the brilliantly bizarre universe your stories usually inhabit to show the depth of Jim and Dwight's relationship. Because even though neither of them would ever admit it, they are good friends. Or were.

It makes me wonder how Dwight Schrute ultimately met his end. Did he succumb to his hubris and meet his match in Der Gelbe Hai?

Finally, who else but Dwight could have "Jabberwocky" recited at his funeral and have it make perfect sense?

Excellent work, as usual, Jack. I want you to write my eulogy as well. Provided the federal marshals haven't gotten to you first. If it'll help, I'll vouch for you in my will.
RoeBoat chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
JABERWOCKY!

My goodness, we sang a version of it in chorus this semester, and now I'm seeing it pop up anywhere.

Not much to say except that it was written well and... Well, poot Michael (who I noticed you said was dead too) and Dwight! And Jim...