Reviews for Love Looks Not
Lani chapter 4 . 10/3/2007
I'm such a sucker for the angst and you pull it off so well. I particularly loved "and then goes grocery shopping for what little he won't waste." So, so accurate and such a lovely reminder of an oddly pleasurable emotional kick to the gut.
Elflocks chapter 4 . 6/5/2007
I really like the way that you write their emotions and motivations so realistically. Your Betty and Henry are very human, and that makes it easy to identify with them... and all their angst. :P

And I didn't think about it before (or maybe I did and forgot), but your love scenes, though pg, are really... sexy. Heehee.

"She meets his lips halfway, her arms coming up around his neck. Her mouth is cold and she tastes like rain and salt and his clothes are leeching all the water from hers, but he doesn't care." (So poetic!) :D

You did a great job, and I noticed you kept "grovel." Heehee. :D I like it that way. ;)
Witchy-grrl chapter 4 . 6/3/2007
Ahh, was Betty getting a little scared at how fast her relationship with Henry was going?

...Ok, you don't have to answer that, of course. I'm just SO looking forward to Betty's POV! :)
TracyLynn chapter 4 . 5/31/2007
Really really good conclusion. I hope there is a sequel so we can hear Betty's side and what she was thinking. I liked Henry being strong and realizing he might have to be the one to let go but then so thanksful he didnt have to. Very nicely done.
TracyLynn chapter 3 . 5/31/2007
Another good chapter...I don't want them to keep hurting - not sure if they can be friends at this point. I think they need to either take it to the next level or let each other go. I hope it is the prior. Off to read more.
TracyLynn chapter 2 . 5/31/2007
Another really good chapter...I like how Henry is staying strong and making her come to him in some way and now that it is his move I know he will do the right thing. Off to read more.
TracyLynn chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Finally trying to catch up on all my reading and reviewing - loved this chapter and I am off to read more. Good job.
spiceandnice chapter 4 . 5/28/2007
*Sigh* I love some good angst. This is just what my shipper was in the mood for. I'm definitely glad I saved the best story for last when I got caught up in all the new fic.

Bravo. My favorite fic of yours yet. Look forward to anything that comes next.
spiceandnice chapter 3 . 5/28/2007
'And she smiles, wide and glorious, and if he didn't know he was in love before, he knows it now, and he can't breathe for wanting to kiss her so badly and knowing that now isn't the right time, so he digs the nails of one hand into the other and tries to smile back.'-I love this.

'He walks away, thinking, 'This isn't friendship.' He isn't sure what it is, but friendship it isn't, because no friendship would be this riddled with pain. He's well aware that this is a mistake, but he's making it with his eyes open. It doesn't make it any easier, though, as the rest of the week passes.'-And this.

You have a wonderful turn of phrase that really lushes out your writing. I love that you have the perfect balance of description and dialogue, it's something I always struggle with. I am in awe of the pain, hope, love, etc you've captured in such succinct patterns. Another glorious chapter. I have fallen in love with this story.
spiceandnice chapter 2 . 5/28/2007
I love the reality and angst of this story so far. Henry and Betty's relationship isn't perfect-it never has been, and that is what makes it so beautiful. Of course Betty would have doubts, considering her past. And of course one man can only have so much patience and be a saint so long.

The conflict will only make the eventual (I hope) pairing that much more satisfiable.
spiceandnice chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
My two favorite lines of the chapter:

He pulls the covers over his head and sleeps through the better part of the morning and early afternoon and his first thought when he wakes up is, 'This is depression.'AND He hears someone hiss, "There you are." Henry looks up and the first thing he thinks is, 'What-is my misery that attractive?' and the second is, 'Please, not Marc, too!'

I love that Amanda and Marc took a silent stand for Henry and Betty. I've alwasy said they were Team Henry, and I loved that it was very subtley portrayed in the show.

The first half was just beautifully written and heartwrenching. You were just born to write Henry and Betty fic. Love it.

And thanks for the dedication. It was the highlight of my day. :)
Kylie chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
Well, I would log in, but is being a butt and won't let me. So I'll just give up.

I still love it, even after having read it about five times.

See, the great thing about this story is it's pretty much timeless. My stories all got outdated by stupid Charlie being so damn stupid and whorish. I desperately wanted her to be innocent, but I think I saw that all coming.

Anyway, back to you, because you are clearly the more important one. Amazing story, and yes, it was easier to read in parts.

Oh, so lovely.

Kylie/VLA
Teri chapter 4 . 5/18/2007
What a great story! Can't wait to read it through Betty's eyes. Heartbreaking throughout and I was feeling their pain. A new heartwarming beginning for them.
teri chapter 3 . 5/18/2007
I am so loving this story. I love this line - It's unexpectedly hard to say what he has to, with all the things he shouldn't say jostling for being the first in line.
Elflocks chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
hey! much easier to read in parts, btw :D and i'm going to review again when i finish reading. (don't worry-i won't spam [not that you'd mind, right? ;) ], i'll just review at the last chp.)

you successfully brought tears to my eyes, and then made me laugh and feel better again with all the little jokes in between the angsty-ness. :D

i saw you changed a few things a little bit, and i like those changes-have i mentioned lately that you're a great writer? :D

what i like most about the things you write is that you don't even really have to know the show all that well to be able to follow along, or to relate to the characters. that's so cool. :)