Reviews for Nightmare: Starring God
Ski-Ming chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
I've been looking to cure myself of my JAM toothache (seriously, how anyone who still roots for those characters is beyond me) so this was fun, and welcome. I liked Karen a lot, and it bothers me how much the show puts down ambitious women.
nikki chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
this was really funny. just wondering when did you start watching? it seems like people that started watching the show later like karen more. i dont know. i dont hate karen exactly, she was just never going to end up with jim, it could never work out that way. destiny predetermined hr to be the rebound girl of sorts. i actually really liked her until the finale, then i kind of got annoyed. so good story. but i still love jam fluff more then anything.
MrsBigTuna chapter 1 . 11/14/2007
the note at the end made this fic for me. Also, wih the big omniscient God come in like something outof a Simplsons episode was great. "Don't screw this up." love it. Great fic. I was so happy to see Karen in Branch Wars. my gal pal was back. Yay halfsies!
SharpiesSmellGood chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
Wow, that was really great. At first I thought Karen's dream was actually happening (mainly because I've read a few too many crack fics where insane stuff like that really does happen) and I was pretty relieved to find out it was only a dream. Anyway, while being (one of the many) Jam supporters, I can't say I ever really hated her, but I wasn't all too sad to see her go, either. The note at the end was so funny. Anyway, nice fic.
Bessyboo chapter 1 . 5/18/2007
While the fic is cute, I have to say that the best part is your note at the end XD

And just so you know, as a long-time Jam shipper, I was actually going to miss Karen...up until the finale. I really liked her character before, and even felt sorry for her-it's really just not a situation that can end well for her, and I feel for her there. However, I thought that she was kind of over-the-top in the finale. I think her jealous side was definitely coming out, and while Pam wasn't being PARTICULARLY sensitive towards her, she didn't really deserve the way Karen treated her, either.

I also know that I'm not the only Jam shipper who feels this way-I've read several fics by Jammers over at LiveJournal that are Karen-sympathetic. So, I just thought you should know that not ALL of us hate Karen (although most of us feel that she was pretty out-of-line in the finale, and as a result will not miss her nearly as much as we may have otherwise).
Wendy Blue chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
So so brilliant. Not that I love Karen getting in the way of our favorite paper salesman and receptionist, but I don't hate her either way. You really captured the insane anger that *some* fans have towards her. Great job, I always enjoy reading your work!
Cousin Mose chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Dude...this is twisted in the best possible sense of the word.
HalloweenJack138 chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
Well, all deal with the loss of a loved one in our own way... Seriously, though, you're not alone in missing Karen, from the moment she was introduced I thought she was a strong, likeable character and the fact that she was destined to be a sacrificial lamb to the all-mighty Jam is always something that troubled me. You do a good job capturing that sense of unfairness here, and in grounding the South Park-esque qualities of Karen's dream with the reality of her waking world... but seriously, was that Jim's dream or Wert's?