Reviews for To Kill a Captain
wotumba1 chapter 5 . 9/25/2015
another great story!
kyuubecky chapter 2 . 10/22/2011
...I love Aragorn's B. ! he's such a boss...thats why Legolas and him together is just an unfair fight! XD
kyuubecky chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
WELL HELLO THERE! This story has indeed captured my attention and held me close the writing until I had to click on this magic button named 'Review'...odd name...oh well. Now I'm clicking on an old friend: 'Next' XD
Estel-Undomiel25 chapter 5 . 7/8/2011
I love all of your Lord of the Rings stories! They're amazing ideas that smoothly expand upon the story of Aragorn and his winding path. Thanks for these stories, and keep it up!
Aminamenta chapter 5 . 11/25/2010
What a great story! I've always been a big fan of this time for Aragorn's character, and you've done wonderful service to the story when creating a tale of your own. Favorited! :)
cap red chapter 5 . 6/7/2010
Having not read the prequel, I think this is a wonderful story with some brilliant characterisation and description. You fill in enough of the backstory to not bore a previous reader, and yet give the necessary information to the new reader. My favourite part though, was the final chapter where Aragorn sheds Thorongil to become Strider again. There was this wonderful descriptive quality to that whole segment and some truly lovely themes going on.

One tiny bit of constructive criticism I have is the characters' use of Thou's and Thee's. In the Mouth, I could put up with it, but in the other characters it was very jarring and actually served to pull me out of the story, rather than give that air of formality that you were aiming for.

All in all though, a really good read.

Cap ;)
LisaG16 chapter 5 . 6/5/2010
I love the way Aragorn transformed back into Strider...he never struck me as an armor kind of warrior...have to be faster, fleeter and more silent without the steel on his body.

But drat! Halit still lives...and will surely cross paths with our dear ranger again! Eek!
LisaG16 chapter 2 . 6/4/2010
I'm surprised Aragorn...er..Thorongil didn't remember Halith. I'm sure it will come eventually though. Did someone take care of his boo-boo? We don't need a wounded Captain leading his troops!
Feafea chapter 5 . 1/26/2010
This story is great! High captivating! It's going onto my favorites! :D
Faerthurin chapter 4 . 3/22/2009
The story is good, but where are the Elvish translations coming from? They're loose, at best. A good place for Elvish is the website .
Vamp.Michelle chapter 5 . 2/17/2009
Aragorn was his usual optimistic self when he proclaimed Halith dead. But of course you can't give up on a nice and useful villain so easily, so I'm more than curious where you will have them their final showdown!

Since I've always loved Thorongil stories, this was a special treat. And having Aragorn's past catch up with him while he's "undercover" was especially fasinating.
asdfjkl chapter 5 . 12/2/2008
you need to mention the other stories/their order in the summaries of your miniseries. i tried reading them in order, but i couldn't figure out which was supposed to come where.

anyway, i liked it. KEEP WRITING
StarLight9 chapter 5 . 5/3/2008
Wonderful! This was great and so closely based on canon, and your descriptions of Captain Thorongil were fantastic! I guessed Halith would be the nasty corsair captain even before he appeared, and I knew you would keep him alive. I'm glad, this promises some good angst in the next story! Loved it!
iccle fairy chapter 5 . 10/17/2007
wow great filler story ;p like the 'not the end' comment ;) i see some of the references from the next story too (hopefully which will be updated soon!) liking the leather coat idea too! really enjoyed it, well done, and keep it up with the next one! fran ~*~
iccle fairy chapter 4 . 10/17/2007
fantastic chapter! really great descriptions, especially when aragorn first goes on top deck of the ship! fab!