Reviews for Kioku
Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Great Ziggy angst! I liked the spin this story takes on Ziggy’s reasons regarding life-extension. He claims to do it for the sole purpose of erasing his memories, yet it’s debatable whether or not Ziggy also agreed to it for MOMO and/or Juli. The most ironic part is when all is said and done, “all” of his memories could be lost. The back-and-forth references between Ziggy’s past and present were well dispersed, too. We get a good comparison of Ziggy’s feelings towards his “past” family and his “current” family with MOMO and Juli. I also liked the generous incorporation of other Xenosaga characters in this story, making it better rounded. Plus, different characters bring out different thoughts/sides to Ziggy, further developing his character.

The ending was a bit surprising and bittersweet. I do somewhat agree with you regarding the ambiguity regarding “who” decommissioned Ziggy, but to be totally honest, I can’t picture ‘either’ MOMO or Juli ending his life. MOMO doesn’t strike me as capable of ending anyone’s life, never mind the life of her only father figure. Juli doesn’t seem like a prime candidate to end Ziggy’s life, either, considering her obvious/unspoken feelings for him. Telling the readers who ended Ziggy’s life would have provided more clear-cut closure come the end of this story. On the other hand, I do think you’re right: there’s no real need to know “who” ended Ziggy’s life. Leaving us in the dark is probably for the best to let readers draw their own conclusions.

All in all; great story. Heavens knows the fandom needs more Ziggy/Juli fics!
Jessi chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Oh wow.

Nice ficlet here.

Good use of words.

I enjoyed it a lot.

stitchedmoon chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
Oh man, I love this story. The writing is excellent, the characterization is flawless, and the ending is just ... wow. If I were a little more inclined to cry over things, I'd be hysterical and in dire need of tissues. (As it was, my heart was racing.) It's always so exciting finding really good fanfic about this guy, especially since almost no one seems to write for him. And your story is certainly one of the best I've read so far.

Thanks for sharing this, you totally made my day. (You better believe I'm favouriting it too.)