Reviews for Fortitude
sarge1130 chapter 2 . 11/17/2013
Great story! I really like the fight scenes :)
oakleaf chapter 2 . 9/23/2012
Cute :) I really loved the interactions and you do really put the characters through the ringer. It was very well written, well done!
wolfeclipse25 chapter 2 . 5/7/2012
Great story! I don't see many with Toshiro and Ukitake fighting together.
MEOW-I'm-A-Dog chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
Ugh this was so great like wow. Great job
Gyatso15 chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
I love the imagery in this chapter, especially this: "Hitsugaya wasn't sure what had happened next, but he did know that his world exploded in bright white, and when it faded he found himself face-down on the grass of a nearby park, surrounded by the shattered ice of his own bankai."

Little details make this much more enjoyable to read, especially the fight. You do torture Hitsugaya well. I hate to say it, but I love it... /sheepish/

Your characterizations are spot-on. Nicely done! Overall I really like this so far...now onto the next chapter!
Ganimyde chapter 2 . 5/15/2009
"Trufax"...Is that like Carfax, but for Dreat Pirates? xDD

But anyway...Since I read it, I thought I owed you a comment. A cute little story with no great errors of any kind (woo hoo!). _ It's interesting that it ended with Matsumoto and Hitsu rather than some monologue or scene of Ukitake's. Did Ukitake visit Hitsu? Is that why he suddenly changed? Or was it simply from Momo? It was alittle subtle with only "Unohana had gone in to do a check-up on Hitsugaya, and Ukitake had been brought in as well", but writer's choice, I guess. Not a big issue, obviously. :P

I really got strong images of the blood bleeding from Hitsu at the ...uh, bus stop. (wow does it feel weird to put all three of those things in a sentence-"hitsugaya, bus stop," and "bleeding"...it's like it's own challenge fic.) Anyway, I did, and reading so many adventure/beat-up stories as I do, it really means something when you can do that. The images even kept playing after I took myself away from the page; it made a little movie and kept playing, feelings of warmth from the liquid, sticky blood and all. I don't know what exactly made it work, when Ukitake was trying to stem it, but it did. Cool? Even though I wanted a little more explaination on the side stab wound from the hollow, itself (like, wide and deep and jagged or not), I guess maybe it worked out anyway. Got a big image of purple, almost black gore and ooze, oddly enough. But reallistic, (...I think), in any event.

But anyway, sorry to ramble on and on about that. I like fics where Hitsugaya has so much more of a family/social network than he even thinks in cannon, but also ones where his ability and strength isn't questioned by the story itself-like in the last scene. I like both, and you've made both. Woo hoo...

So, there's my two cents. I liked it! yay.

Also:...you started Histu-whump community? I have YOU to thank for that? Wow...I'm so impressed. It's always nice to see people that are not afraid to voice what they like, and what's more, need make no excuses for it. Plus, collections of good stories-and ones with action and violence-are always appreciated. Woo. 3 Thanks.

G
natarasagara chapter 2 . 10/26/2008
wow how can you say you are lazy that was amazing you went so into detail. thanks
Reidluver chapter 2 . 7/8/2008
Yay! Good ending, and while I would have liked to know about the interaction between Ukitake and Hitsugaya, I'm able to get the gist of what happened.

A conclusion to the fight? Why, I'd luv to read it!
Reidluver chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
Did I ever mention that Hitsugaya-whumping fics were my absolute favorite? I really like this, and it's interesting to think about what would happen if Luppi ever got the chance to continue his fight.
001Kamikakushi chapter 2 . 4/15/2008
such a good story Haha the candy and the stuffed animal. XD Did things like that actually happen in the anime? (i stopped watching it because of the fillers)

When Hinamori said "...because i told you to save Aizen" i really wanted to say "i wasn't trying to save him." XD

Really sad she doesn't realize the truth in the cannon serie.

haha, it seems Hitsugaya has two fathers and a big sister Like your story
Fanwoman chapter 2 . 4/10/2008
Of course, he'd have to stop by the candy store first...

LOL

LOVED IT! And this one had Shunsui and Matsumoto and even Hinamori! Again, the action was wonderful, and the flow and sequence of the story is so logical and meshes so well with the personal perspectives of the characters. Time to see what else you've written!
Fanwoman chapter 1 . 4/10/2008
Perhaps he had eaten something that hadn't settled well with him the previous evening. No, the candy was probably not a good idea.

Admitedly, this is the first fic I've read with Ukitake in it, but I have to say you captured him amazingly well. The pacing and structure were lovely and the action fantastic in its detail and texture. And having such a story focusing on Ukitake and Hitsugaya is tastier than candy-Thank you for writing this!
Lady Mirror chapter 2 . 4/9/2008
Oh, I really liked this. It was a fun read and I like the way you write Hitsugaya and Ukitake interacting. They really couldn't catch a break there, could they? Geeze. A very enjoyable read, I'm off to look at your profile now! Thanks for writing this!
kingleby chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
great story! Ukitate and Hitsugaya are really interesting when they interact. and i loved the part where Ukitake acknowledged him as being an adult _
Final Fight chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Did I say I loved this story? I know I must have - since I reviewed it before - but still - I love this story!

PS - There are nine circles of hell.