Reviews for Lothiriel's Journal
eschscholzia chapter 5 . 9/29
I love Belecthor and Aunt Ivriniel! It is so fortunate you were able to get a copy. Next time I am in Minas Tirith I will be sure to haunt the used bookstores to find a copy for a good laugh. :-)
EStrunk chapter 10 . 9/18
I love the sweet joking between them. The flowers were wonderful.
EStrunk chapter 9 . 9/18
Eothain's unwanted advice was funny. Apparently, Anniel was right abou the lady in Gondor. Glad he hasn't lost his heart to anyone. Loved Eomer's impatience.
EStrunk chapter 8 . 9/18
I do hope that we get to find out more about why he laughed so much at her sneezing. I also hope she talks to him about Lady Rivorwen.
EStrunk chapter 7 . 9/18
I loved that Lothiriel knew Eothain was lying for Eomer and found a way to let him honorably get out of the situation. The dancing was fun. Anniel cracks me up.
EStrunk chapter 6 . 9/18
Ivriniel's lecture was funny, but also sad. She and her husband sound like they were both miserable. Annial and Meren were much more fun.
EStrunk chapter 5 . 9/18
That's got to be the worst Aunt Iviriniel I've read yet. The bit about the hairs coming out of the mole on her chin and Lothiriel being somewhat mesmerized by them was perfect. What is Lothiriel supposed to do about it if Eomer was womanizing? Break off the betrothal? Not sure I want to hear what Ivriniel has to say.
EStrunk chapter 4 . 9/18
Her brother's betting is funny and infuriating, esp. since he got better odds because she wasn't there. Jerk. I love the way you write Imrahil, esp. his indignation when she talks about boring Gondorian noblemen and his insistence that they go to Rohan for her to meet Eomer.
EStrunk chapter 3 . 9/18
Poor Lothiriel, but I like the many reasons why she was unable to go to Minas Tirith and meet Eomer. The picture sounds amazing. Meren doesn't say anything about Eomer's personality or character though, although the friendship of her father and brothers is something. The idea of Aragorn being an old man is very funny, but also makes perfect sense.
EStrunk chapter 2 . 9/18
I loved how she presumed Eowyn would be manlike, but was thrilled when she wasn't. Anniel is a hoot. Is she the one Eomer thought was Lothiriel? The description of her mother's garden was lovely.
EStrunk chapter 1 . 9/17
Very funny. I love Eothain and Eomer's various plotting. Erchirion was, luckily for them, very level-headed about the whole thing.
I just love this story. I've read this at least ten times. I hope that you will one day write this again from Erchirion's point of fiew. It would be fun to know how much he heard.
Anon chapter 10 . 6/4
Still love this story
Anon chapter 8 . 6/4
Good writing
Anon chapter 5 . 6/4
Belechtor's guide to young Gondorian Ladies is still my absolute favorite LotR fanfiction invention. It is absolutely brilliant and sounds so Victorian