Reviews for The Golden Power
Ferdiad chapter 24 . 8/24
I'm fairly sure it's the first zelda, you've been hammering us over the head with it
Ferdiad chapter 23 . 8/21
Honestly the wolf arc has been by far the worst part of the story. I don't see why you decided to do it.
Ferdiad chapter 13 . 8/20
Ah so a lucky artillery shot hit the general and caused a mass rout in TW terms.
dangledhill chapter 26 . 7/15
Re-read this story. Even better the second time around. Please continue it, if possible.
Badgedbadger chapter 24 . 6/20
Huh.

On the one hand, I do appreciate the continuity coming from the lustbloodlust thing. It struck me as odd that his reaction to Jeanette was simply "this is really inappropriate for the situation." Which is, of course, a reasonable thought, but with nothing else? So I liked that.

On the other, the "I can't fight a -girl-" came out of nowhere. He'd never said anything like that. He had absolutely no issue trying to kill the troll queen, he was very willing to fight Arrika, and he bragged about the acceptance of women in the Hylian military. So that was super weird.

And yeah, I can definitely see how this is a different story than the first twenty chapters. But I mostly like this one too.
Sasha Wren chapter 1 . 3/8
Uuuuuggghhh I'm in the middle of re-rewriting my own Zelda fanfiction and I wonder why I even bother. Your writing is so fantastic and vivid that I can imagine every single action your characters perform, right down to the smallest eye roll. Not only that but the depth you give to the post-TP world is incredibly admirable. I like the inclusion of extra countries/provinces, as Hyrule's landscape really lends itself to it. The characterization is formidable, especially for Link. I love how he's itching for adventure, and kind of lets the title of Chosen Hero inflate his ego just a bit. I like Zelda's sternness and intolerance for groveling lords, considering she just dealt with Ganondorf and Zant.

I do have some critique, and I'd love to share it with you, but I don't know how open you are to suggestion considering how many times you've already reworked this project (and how many years old it is. I'm a little late in the game). But if you would like to hear, just let me know. (:
I-En-Tee-Jay chapter 26 . 1/24
So, people still read this story, people still recommend this story.

Its a pity that this ended where it did, but nevertheless, thanks for taking us so far.

It's been great. Best of luck should you write anything else.
Axcel chapter 4 . 8/23/2015
Zelda really should have ratted out his monocle and had him executed right there at the party and then sized his lands and assets and raised an influential, popular individual to nobility and give him the land, titles, etc.

If anyone complains then she could simply say something like "this proves that a commoner is a better noble than someone like Reanalds. See that you remain above that."
Axcel chapter 3 . 8/23/2015
With a harsh dictatorship comes a difficulty in keeping your underlings from abusing the people. If you want a dictatorship, the only enforcers and soldiers you can hire are the desperate and the scum. This means they are likely to abuse their power as soldiers and such to basically loot, rape, and murder the people they are supposed to police and protect. So, you have to make watchers for them and pay those watchers enough to prevent bribery and do a whole bunch of otherstuff. It becomes a nightmare of micromanagement for the dictator.

It’s just that most real life dictators don’t give a crap about their subjects so they don’t bother and the soldiers learn that if they go around looting, raping, and murdering the populace, they’ll meet with nasty “accidents”.
Axcel chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
By the way, I like that you included the fact that Link is the reincarnation of the Hero from various legends.
Axcel chapter 1 . 8/22/2015
Ironically, as the Chosen Hero reincarnated, Link might literally NOT be capable of refusing if Zelda called upon him.
Guest chapter 26 . 5/17/2015
I dunno whether you're ever going to come back to this ( though I'm really hoping you are XD) I just wanted to let you that this was amazing and I binge read it all in two days XD the way you write is absolutely captivating and this is by far one of the best zelda Fictions I've ever read! So thanks bro. This was awesome.
teannava chapter 13 . 5/15/2015
Weather or not you got high on readers praise, I loved this story. It's the first I've found in which link didn't limp towards victory, having to spend weeks in bed recovering after every single fight. He's chosen by the goddesses, is the reincarnation of a HERO, carries a sword that literally oozes good to the point of repelling all evil, and a few minor monsters get the best of him? Ridiculous. Thanks for the awesome first book, and I look forward to continue reading on.
Axcel chapter 2 . 5/14/2015
I've always disliked Ilia. She forces herself into other people's business constantly, sucks with kids (any prospective husband or wife should be at least good at interacting with kids), she's abrasive, and whenever she speaks I just want to sock her in the face. Worst of all, she took my horse within the first few minutes of the game!

On the other-hand, I firmly believe that people should be given another chance if they are sincere about changing. No matter how many times they slip-up. If they are sincere, then the guilt and remorse and fear will cause them to learn from those slip-ups and they should be given the chance to show it. That is how I have grown and improved as a person. Of course, this is all only if the person is sincerely remourseful. Otherwise it has problems working.
Axcel chapter 1 . 5/13/2015
Ah, Zelda, you know Link will realize something is going on and he'll involve himself. Or something will happen and force him into it by circumstance. Sending someone who could single-handedly wipe out their army or at least a notable chunk of it. Plus, he could then teleport away via Farore's Wind before he can be killed, or just gets up each time he dies thanks to a healing fairy reviving him. Then, if word gets out that he is THE Hero, the one from all of those legends, the enemy will easily believe it and decide to stay the hell away from Hyrule. Even if that doesn't leak out, the fact that one man did so much damage would make them wonder what a Hylian army could do.

I don't see how anyone could be stupid enough to think Hyrule is vulnerable.

Would they really go: "Oh, look, their capital's castle has been badly damaged and is being repaired and they've taken a bare handful of casualties in the event (actually, I don't think any of the guards are shown actually dying in the invasion, even in the cutscenes). Other than that they are still just as organized and powerful as ever. The event also put them on high-alert and they have mobilized to defend against remaining monsters and would-be invaders. Yeah, now would TOTALLY be the time to invade."

Of course, they also would simply be brutally crushed by the sheer weight and size of Link's balls. Their entire army. At one time. Besides, Hyrule also has Goron and Zora. Remember the Biggoron from Ocarina of Time? Would you want to piss that guy or someone like him off? Who needs armies when you have a mobile, living mountain (who forges swords and likely has an xbox heuge sword of his own). That bathes in lava and eats boulders the size of houses like popcorn.

...I think I have discovered why it takes some super-powered big bad to threaten Hyrule and why they always have peace between said big bads. No one else is stupid enough to attack them. Well, that and it is implied (and I think flat out shown in Skyward Sword) that they are the only nation in their world. Though, it is also implied that Hyrule IS their world.