Reviews for The Pearl
bookworm1945 chapter 5 . 1/1
That was so well done. There are so many fics out there that just don't do Middle Earth justice, but you have come closer than others that I've seen in capturing the complex friendships and tensions and atmosphere of the world. Bravo!
Lady Secor chapter 5 . 10/23/2014
The elves mentioned in elven song (Fimsigul, and others) were killed in this fic but then present in that fic that took place a year later! What is up with that!?
ladygris chapter 5 . 6/9/2014
Oh what a delightful addition to the story of A Little Nudge! I will admit to being an Elf lover from the time I first saw the movies and read the books. But this story has caused me to begin falling for the Dwarves as well!

Well done!
ShiraChan-Desu chapter 5 . 12/6/2013
I was very curious, indeed, to read about this particular story (I just love the famous duo of best friends that is Legolas and Gimli!).
And I see that you most certainly did NOT disappoint! o
BrightGreenNails chapter 3 . 8/28/2013
**Facepalm** GIMLI has the pearl!? Uh oh...
BrightGreenNails chapter 2 . 8/28/2013
Well Silivren isn't nice is she? Prejudice. Not cool. I don't like it.
ForeverRainingFire chapter 5 . 6/21/2013
Ahh, poor Sili! This was a really great story! Nice twist with the madness bit and I really like how you handled the the ending on this one! Great job!
Patrick chapter 5 . 6/6/2013
I've read all of your Lord of the Rings fanfics on this site and I love all of them. The grammar, structure and spelling are all really good and the chapters are really long which I love. Please can you write another story involving Legolas and family? Within the next five years? I understand that it is a lot of work and that you have a very busy job but even having a story which you updated once a month or every six weeks would be awesome!
EstelMiOlor chapter 5 . 9/25/2012
I'm usually a reader on Stories of Arda, so it took me awhile to discover this treasure. I have always loved "Nudge" and when I realized you'd written a sequel...well well well! I love how the story came full circle, and how the pearl was rightfully restored to Legolas. Angst is never easy, but I like the way in which Silivren's pain further strengthens the odd relationship between Gimli and Legolas. And I like how things are not easy. I hate the "happily ever after" tendencies of some stories post Sauron's defeat. Elves and Dwarves have a huge struggle ahead of them, and Legolas was slightly naive to think it would not have affected his own family. Still, the greatest of friendships had yet to unfold. Thanks for this story!
Conn JS1 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Yeah!Wohooo! I am cartwheeling!

I can't believe you're writing a sequel to "A little nudge out of the door"! Years and years back, that was the very first story I thought so brilliant that I made it a favourite story, and now you grace us with another tale! Excellent!

A mere chapter, and you have them brave forest fires, falling trees, smoke, break their hearts and bones, put them into shock, and have me catching my breath with them, worrying, panting! Amazing! And since I already know that you are not only capable of setting a scene in a heartwrenching way but also of developing a good story, I am really, really looking forward to the ride!

Congratulations of finishing your studies, and thanks for sharing a new story with us!
Alanic chapter 5 . 11/5/2011
I am glad I found this story. I really liked the family you created for Legolas. It was very well written and I am anxious to read some of your other creations.
halandleg4evergmail.com chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Years ago I read "A Little Nudge Out of the Door" and loved it. And I longed for a sequel, but as time passed, I moved out of fandom and into new ones. I recently started revisiting LOTR fic, and was sad to find out that many old websites are no longer up, and I cannot remember where to find many of my old favorite fics. I came across your name on Stories of Arda and quickly dived back into "A Little Nudge Out of the Door" and of course, loved it. I also reread the prequel and loved it. I vaguely remembered talk of a sequel, but it wasn't up on that site and so I did some googling to see if you posted anywhere else. I was so happy to find this fic on . I love the LOTR universe, and especially love the characters and world you've created in it. Thank you so much for sharing these stories with us. I have to say, that though I know it is unlikely, I'd love to read a fic (long or short!) about Legolas visiting Gimli's home. Anything to keep this universe going :)

xoxo

halandleg4ever gmail . com
Above Water chapter 5 . 6/27/2011
This was a lovely piece of work, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I must say that I actually fist pumped into the air when Legolas declared Gimli "elf friend." Thranduil's reactions to their friendship were quite amusing...I can only imagine the look on his face when the two arrived in Valinor together...I'm laughing out loud at the thought. Great work! ;)
quaff chapter 5 . 3/14/2011
Great story. Thanks for writing it.
soupcan chapter 5 . 7/25/2010
Lovely! I feel kind of bad for Thranduil, though, since his son seems determined to keep bringing home friends that he disapproves of. But at the same time, I rather enjoyed laughing at him. :)