Reviews for Family Counseling With the Dursleys
Hilarious, but a bit overly OOC, don't you think?
watermelon-shotput chapter 6 . 7/11
This is brilliant! I've absolutely loved the humor with the Dursleys and Harry, and it's so believable too! And the puppets! 'Cackles'
As a side note, it's good to see that there is some actually counseling taking place as well. While it's all well and good to just push things to the back of your mind, it is better that some of these problems are being heard and hopefully addressed by a trained professional.
Slytherin of the Sea chapter 6 . 6/6
Poor Harry, his relatives get off free while he is stuck in therapy :)
Neverlookingbackfromlife chapter 6 . 4/19
This was really funny (:
Harry really isn't that arrogant.
EllaDeWriter chapter 4 . 2/14
LOL! Woooooow! Go Karl!
envirosue chapter 6 . 12/30/2014
So odd, yet entertaining. Thank you for the ridiculousness
EvilFuzzy9 chapter 6 . 12/9/2014
Haha, poor Harry. XD
TARDISbluu chapter 6 . 9/28/2014
Awwww! It's over?! :( I wanna read more... Lol

This is seriously hilarious.
Circle of Phoenix chapter 6 . 9/1/2014
Your story was great. Can't help wondering if the therapist is an alien. ... hehe. :p
Harmonic Friction chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
I really wish I could respond directly to guest reviews. PaC, while it was funny, you missed a tiny detail in your analysis: this story is a piss take on the arrogant (though well meaning) harry potter who has long felt Dudley deserving of such treatment. Not to mention, the Dursleys are fun to write in their natural canon state of cracked. Definitely don't want to go down the sob story road because that want the point xD. I'd shy away from saying we're all crazy as it isn't exactly the truth. Though as someone in the mental health field, yeah, some of us are a bit off. It helps us connect.
I'm sorry my character Dr Johannson made you react so strongly in a negative way.
(Big creepy smile)
How did that make you feel?
PaC chapter 6 . 8/28/2014
Best therapy comedy session, OLD SNL before it fully turned into shit and wasn't funny any more:
Although who knows, maybe in the last ten or fifteen years it improved, before being cancelled if it ever did, I gave up TV pretty much, ten years ago.
Anywho, skit: Daily affirmation, Al Frankin[therapist], Spud Web, Charles Barkley[patient]. Barkley skit playing basketball against the purple dinosaur Barney wasn't bad either. I think this was a few years after lots of parents HATED that character due to the theme song and kids liking it and the show so much. And there was even a website url like " ".

Sad in a way, a reverse legilimens maybe by Harry, to SHOW the "lady" the truth of things, or if a muggle can use a pensieve and Harry strung together a few dozen hours of his life and made the bitch "live it" in full immersion into the memories, to FEEL everything and not just view it, deciding F*ck the statute of secrecy OR, "WHO is crazy now, bitch therapist, after demonstrating a good bit of magic, maybe portkey her for a tour of diagon alley, ecetera, and have her in a quandary over her sanity.

Then again, this story is NOT of that tone, but a lark, a soft comedy, ha ha!

Last thing: Long long ago, I recall a neighbor pointing out some study that the children of psychologists and psychiatrists were generally much more "disturbed" and with more mental problems than average... a neighbor kid, whose dad as a psychology professor fit that "statistical" study, and how. Therapists and the psychobable profession seems filled with a great number of incompetents compared to other professions.
Thought for the day: Everyone is crazy, it is just a matter of degree and symptoms.

The pompous knowing "smirkiness" of your psychobabble bitch there, was pretty good, REALLY had one feeling they could picture her jumping to conclusions as she actually thought she KNEW things, when of course she doesn't know squat. A HUGE problem for humans not being telepathic, THINKING they know those, that they do not truly know, nor likely ever will truly know.
Lhyrre chapter 6 . 8/24/2014
This is a glorious, glorious story. Coming from someone who has been in and put of therapy, it also makes me laugh uproariously. Keep it up!
Guest chapter 6 . 8/24/2014
continue please
jupimako chapter 6 . 8/21/2014
Hahaha! Quite the unexpected ending! I'm so very glad you came back to finish your story. It was fun to reread.