Reviews for Fidelis
DeepRootsAerNotReached chapter 2 . 4/29/2013
I love how you describe motion and emotion, particularly in this tale and it's prequel. I love the healer-side of Aragorn that we get to see. I'd want to see much more of it!
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 10 . 1/5/2013
wonderful
Guest chapter 8 . 7/5/2012
From their camp location, it seems as if they are as near to the Havens as to Imladris. Why did not either Lenwe or Nienor decide to sail instead of die? Even Aragorn and Legolas thought about Celebrian when speaking of Elrond's strength. Why did they not have an "A-ha" moment?
Cheerfully Blue chapter 10 . 11/4/2011
AHHHHH! I LOVED IT! I feel like a five-year-old child right now, squealing with delight, but I really did love it that much. Have I told,in the five million reviews that I have left so far, how wonderful a writer you are? If not (and if so) I will take this time to commemerate your wonderful power to paint a beautiful picture and still impart a message of sorts in all your stories. Oh how I love it all.

There were times when I was this close *holds fingers a micrometer apart* from bawling my eyes out from one moment or another in the chapters of this story and I loved every second of it.

The whole tragic see-saw of Aragorn and Legolas' friendship and how it was reflected tragically in Lenwe's and Nienor's deaths *clutch's heart passionately* OH! How powerful and it deep it was! Just thinking about it makes me want to cry again *bats eyes forcefully*

And I especially love how you make all the elves in this stories to actually have feelings. Sometimes I feel like other fanfic authors just don't seem to understand that elves, the very personification of nature, actually have feelings and actually do care, and are beings with hearts made of rocks. You gave Legolas emotions that I have never seen before, but was so happy to FINALLY see. They were just what I have always wanted: soft and fragile, but not so fragile that he burst into tears everytime someone glared at him. It was enough to show that he was both and elf (sensitive and more free with his emotions) and a warrior (understanding and fierce when needed).

I also loved Kenuric. I really do love that guy. If he were real I think me and him would get along quite well, if he didn't smash me like a bug on first sight. I like how is seems so mean and cold, but he really cares for Aragorn (and even Legolas) and he tries his best to put the friends back together.

I loved it all, I really did. There was no part that I didn't like. Well... Okay I will admit it, I was a little upset when I saw that you killed off both Lenwe and Nienor (they were just so awesome!) but after a while I saw that it was needed and that it just added more depth to Legolas's and Aragorn's friendship, but I still miss them.

Anyway, awesome job. Loved the story, loved the plot, loved the message. loved the writing. You are awesome.

P.S. I feel like I'm stalking you, the way I keep reading all your stories and reviewing. But I don't care, it's not MY fault they're all awesome.

P.S.S. I do believe this is the longest review I have ever left. Congratulations on being the lucky winner!
Fiorenza chapter 10 . 7/20/2011
This story pulls on the heartstrings. Part of me wishes you could have written a recovery of Niener, but I agree that it more true to his character (and probably to the rest of canon) to have him fade. Ah, well, the angsty bonding of Aragorn and Legolas was satisfying. It is a good story.
gginsc chapter 10 . 4/1/2011
A beautiful, sad story. You are an excellent writer. I really felt for the people in your story.
LisaG16 chapter 10 . 3/16/2010
Legolas' story about the fawn and his father's words of wisdom on love was absolutely stunning. Just beautiful.
LisaG16 chapter 8 . 3/16/2010
Though it is heartbreaking to know the Nienor still wishes to leave, only he can understand the pain of staying in Arda without Linwe. I had personal experience with someone so sad that they, too, chose to leave this world. She said, imagine the worst, most painful day of your life and having to live it every day of every year for years on end. I would never pass judgment on someone in such emotional pain...I think, perhaps, it's much worse than any physical pain can cause. This is a very heartfelt and thoughtfully written story.
KyMahalei chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
I read this story a few months ago and I loved it. I was thinking about it again today, and I just happened across it again. This is magnificent writing. Your work is thought provoking and can be heart wrenching. I really appreciate the way that you bring your characters to life in full 3D. Kudos to you, this is really, really good stuff.
Templa Otmena chapter 10 . 3/23/2009
This was stunning. I stayed awake a lot longer than I had intended to reading, reading. And after all of that I do not really know where to begin for a review.

Aragorn and Legolas' life alongside each other in the rangers' camp is realistic and their interactions lucid and conversation believable. And then deeper than that you have let some issues simmer and then stunningly brought them to the surface.

The writing is fab, OCs completely engaging and interesting. There's humour to ensure that heavy moments do not fall too cheesy- and a very detailed illustration over the chapters of life in a bustling, busy camp, which is brought to a brief standstill by certain events.

Meep- I'm in love! Would read it again today if I could ensure that I wouldn't be able to think of anything else for a few hours afterwards!

Thank-you for sharing!
Agape chapter 10 . 6/10/2008
I have spent way too much time and long into the night reading this tale. And so I find myself wanting to write a long, wondrous review, but physically and emotionally unable to do it.

This is a great tale. I am so blessed to have had it brought to my attention.

Thank you for sharing so much strength, wisdom, joy, sorrow, friendship and love!
crism1976 chapter 10 . 12/27/2007
Truly magnificent writing. Excellent presentation of the contrast between Kenuric & Legolas' positions regarding Nienor. I really enjoy the kind of ethical dilema your created where people can, all with the best of intentions, legitimitely have different beliefs about the proper course of action. You created a situation where there were no bad guys. And Aragorn's anguish was palpable.

The difficulties between Legolas & Aragorn were *very* well done. Your presented Aragorn's fear of the pain his friendship will cost Legolas in a realistic manner, I think.

I thoroughly enjoyed your story. Thank you for sharing.
KsandraMallan chapter 10 . 11/13/2007
It was so incredibly sad, but so beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous, and well done. It was a great run, and thank you for that.

-Lady Miir

*pawprint*
grumpy123 chapter 10 . 11/5/2007
So glad to see you back, and that Legolas and Aragorn have settled their problem. (I am trying to write this review arround two cats paws that are trying to help.)

Good thing that Kenuric was there to help, or rather push them back together. I do wonder if Elrond told Estel that barley porridge was good for sick little boys too.
kestrels chapter 10 . 11/4/2007
Okay, first of all..."I prefer the term intemperate." LOL! I loved that!

I am terribly sorry for not reviewing this sooner, for I read it the day you posted it. I did not, at the time, have time to properly review, and I don't like to review in haste. So I've reread this chapter, all I can say is that this is absolutely lovely, and perfectly done.

I enjoyed how you had Kenuric to be the one to goad Aragorn into going to Legolas. How ironic that was, for Kenuric is usually the one who needs to see sense. (Although, he's become increasingly sensible, in a stubborn sort of way, as I've gotten to know him through your work. :-) I understand Aragorn's feelings in this, however. This is sort of the opposite situation of when Aragorn was pleading, in his youth, for Legolas to be his friend. Now, Legolas *is* his friend, and Aragorn is realizing the ramifications of this. I think that kind of devotion and love, to the point of fading from grief, would frighten me too.

Yet, in the end, the ranger saw sense and acted as a true friend to Legolas. The way you had him silently and patiently help Legolas with the funeral was wonderful, and perfectly in character.

And Legolas' realization that Aragorn read Lenwe's letters, and that the ranger carried the weight of the elder elf's wishes-this made it clearer for him too. This was a difficult situation all around, and there was no way that feelings weren't going to be hurt, one way or the other. Thank goodness the two friends, with the help of a third, reconciled.

I hope your arm continues to heal well, and thank you, as always, for updating your work! Each one of your tales is a delight. :-)