Reviews for The Wedding Planner
Chloe chapter 11 . 5/26/2012
If derek doesn't break the engagment I would slap him!
roganjalex chapter 1 . 3/29/2012
amazing
mrs.addiecullen chapter 18 . 11/2/2011
loooooove it
LucyCrewe11 chapter 18 . 4/8/2011
This is going to be a mixed review. Not one full of praise, exactly, but not a flame or an out-right bad review either.

I've read this entire fanfic in one sitting (really wasn't that hard considering how short the chapters were) and here's what I think. I think you have over-all a cute story idea, the whole wedding planner "Dasey" pairing plot was what made me want to look at this story after seeing the fan-trailer for it on youtube even though it's been a while since I watched Life with Derek. HOWEVER, I feel you rushed way too much through the plot so that it was one "oh no, we can't do this! I'm going to have a break down now!" scene after another without any build up or character-devolpment along the way. For the most part, Casey was the only character who actually stayed semi-believably in-character through-out this fanfic. If I'd never seen the show before reading this, I think I would have disliked Derek because of how poorly you explained his feelings and motvations in this story. (And where did he come up with "incest" from? They aren't even related!)Given, this is from Casey's point of view, and I understand that is very hard as a writer to jump into the minds of other characters when writing from a main character's POV, still, I think if you'd slowed down and fleshed things out a bit, you could have done much, much better. Over-all, Derek was just too hard to like in this fic which kinda makes it hard to get into seeing as he's half of the pairing the tale is rooting for, ya know? I liked Brittany at first, but out of no where she just went and slept with some guy? Eh, kinda made me lose a lot of respect for her. I get that this is the kind of story that's not meant to be taken very seriously, but all the same, character delovopment could have been less shallow.

Dialogue is clearly your strongest gift in writing. The way the characters, even when I found them annoying, interacted with each other was one of the things that kept me reading. I would suggest however that you pratice getting better at setting scenes and desribing what's happening, slow down the pacing a bit. When I first started writing, dialogue was actually my only real strong point, too, but after a lot of practice I had people telling me I wrote the most beautiful descriptions and got across emotions wonderfully. I'm sure you could learn to do the same. Oh, but while we're on the subject of dialogue, two quick things. One posstive, one not so much. One, I liked your running gag about the "girlfriend with the invisable 'ex' in front" that was really a clever part of the dialogue. Two, I was disappointed when you started using, although only in that one chapter, the F-word. This story is rated T, not M, so I think that might have been a bit much. I'd recomend not using that word in T-rated stories in the future, or if you do, changing any such I-rated stories to a more approprate rating so that your readers can be more aware of what they are in for.

So in short, to recap, I found your main idea cute, your dialogue strong, but your character delovopment and scene-setting as well as occastional choice of words, weak and distasteful.

I hope this review has been of some help to you. Please know that I am not trying to bash your writing or to be mean, only honest. In fact, I would not waste all the time it took me to write this entire review out, just to be mean or flame your fanfic; I only thought it would be best since I read your story, to share my thoughts on it.

Best wishes,

LucyCrewe11
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 18 . 5/25/2010
I LOVE that ending!

That was so romantic and they are so adorable together D

They have been in love for 6 years and it's like they just got together.

Fantastic story!
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 17 . 5/25/2010
Loving that!

I swear, Derek has like Casey radar or something in this story, LOL.

That was a perfect way to get them together D
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 16 . 5/25/2010
LOVE that! D

The movie reference was clever once again D
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 15 . 5/25/2010
I love that he dived after her and that he admitted to how he felt about the kiss. He needs to dump Brittany!
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 14 . 5/25/2010
I hate Brittany.

I really like that they kissed but it sucks that they got caught (

I can't believe she jumped!
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 13 . 5/25/2010
Seriously if Derek doesn't care what Brittany does with other guys (yet he fumes when Casey was with Jesse) and Brittany is off with other guys, shouldn't that tell them to end the engagement?
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 12 . 5/25/2010
I love all the 'Dasey' moments but Derek seriously needs to make a decision.

If your engaged, wouldn't you want to dance with your fiance? Doesn't seem like it with Derek and Brittany.
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 11 . 5/25/2010
Jesse seems cool if he noticed Casey playing footsie with Derek and Jesse didn't mind.

Derek seriously needs to make up his mind!
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 10 . 5/25/2010
Love that phone call! D
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 9 . 5/25/2010
I thought Derek catching her was so sweet!

What game is Derek playing at?
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 8 . 5/25/2010
Nora seems so evil in that memory.

Poor Casey having no link to her father anymore.