Reviews for I See A King Before Me
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 1/19/2017
love
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
he's lucky to have a friend like legolas by his side at this crucial hour
Ms. Britain chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Amazing! I have always loved Aragorn, but I HATED Legolas because of Orlando Bloom's acting. Your story has made me actually like him! Great story, I wish it was in the movie!
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
That was so beautiful! :clap:
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
A great story. Very well written.
aaaa chapter 1 . 10/5/2009
Hopefully the children that were made to fight weren't around 6 to 8 years old. 12 year old children were also too young too fight but they would have been able to handle the battle better than 6 year olds.
pebblesm chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Beautiful, thankyou
CodenameConundrum22 chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
i loved your story! twas good!tehe...
Richard Starkey chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Aw. . . Good work. It was beautiful.
LovewithWars chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
W-O-W! This is one of the most well written, well thought out, well everything story I have ever read!

You have seriouse talent, thank you for sharing it!

This truely is a otherworldly fic!

- bye.
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
Great story! Very sweet! Love it! This definitely goes to favs and I'll check your other stories.

But... there seems to be some technical problem, I can't see the end of the story. I expected it to end with Legolas thinking or saying that he sees a King in Aragorn, and when I looked at your other reviews I saw that this is the case, but when I open it it ends where Aragorn is thinking about how everything in the Quest had gone wrong :( I'm sure there is more and I want to read it. Please tell me if you know what the problem is, I certainly want to know how it ends. Thanks!

Once again, great writing. Thanks for sharing!
KsandraMallan chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
They both deserve a big hug. *delivers one*

Nice work!
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
good
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Welcome back to Middle earth. I hope you stay a while. You picked a lovely friendship piece for your re-entry. :o)

I liked your use of two different ways to show the friendship between Legolas and Aragorn. There was Aragorn's frantic search for Legolas in the beginning and the wonderful conversation between them at the end. You wove the narrative of their feelings and the dialogue together nicely. I loved Legolas's line: "You are my friend because of the person you are beneath all those names you carry." It was genuinely heartfelt and a bit humorous at the same time. I liked the idea that Aragorn recognized he wouldn’t be the king he needs to be without Legolas there with him. And I liked Legolas realizing the full potential of his friend‘s destiny. Also adding Gimli, who is a great character, was a nice touch.

Too bad the formatting got screwed up. It was a little distracting, but certainly not your fault. And one other tiny thing. It should be mellon nin. That is minor, though, because the story is a treat to read.

As I said before, I hope you stay a while in Middle earth. :o)
Aelaer chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
I immediately recognized your username- I have read "Enroaching Darkness" two times all the way through, and segments of it many, many times throughout the years.

While I prefer book-verse Helm's Deep to movie-verse, this was still a delightful tale of friendship. The fact that you mentioned Gimli's and Legolas' friendship is significant, for many seem to forget about it, while Tolkien placed much emphasis on it.

The end about Legolas seeing a king in Aragorn was especially nice. I liked it a lot.

A couple things- I would have to disagree with your characterization concerning Eowyn. Eowyn does not strike me as a feminist- she is more of a woman desperate to get out of her situation, with all the bad memories of Wormtongue surrounding her. But other than her, your characterization of the characters were good- movie-verse and fanon-based, mostly, but good.

Another quick thing: it should be "mellon nin" instead of mellonin. "Mellon", of course, is friend, and "nin" is the first person possessive. Nin is supposed to have an accent over it, but it's not too important. It was awesome of you to add "elvellon" for Gimli, though :)

seemed to screw up with your symbols- it replaced all dashes and apostrophes with odd symbols. But they were easy enough to ignore.

I do hope to see more writings from you in the future concerning Aragorn and Legolas (especially the former- he's my favorite ;) ). Nice seeing you once more in the LOTR fandom :)