Reviews for Coda
bluecharlotte chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Oh my god I loved this so much. You totally captured everything I remember feeling about this episode as I first watched it. And the stuff they said-just perfect. Great piece!
Rat chapter 1 . 11/26/2007
thats a great tag to the episode, and I love your theory about Mary.
TroublingAStar chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
And here you astonished me again! Lovely piece. You really have a knack for writing Sam and his thoughts, I must say. :)
Rebel Goddess chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Lovely story. The end of the series was quite terrifying in terms of what it might do to the characters but you put them back on track nicely and I liked all the discussion of the situation. Good stuff.
anon chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Wow, I really hope that the first thing Sam didn't do is run back and start his old selfish routine of only thinking about himself. Ever since BUABS where Sam nearly killed his brother repeatedly and then at the end was only concerned about himself his character has really turned me off. The SF was the first glimpse in a while of the Sam I wanted to see, one who put his brother first like his brother put him. I'd hate to think he was gonna think of anything but his fear of losing Dean at this point. Plus, I think he killed Jake with such vengeance because in that moment that Jake told him he was dead and he looked at Dean he realized everything that probably happened and that Jake had cost Dean his life and soul. Hence the anger. And if Sam wants to be equal great, go save Dean in the next 364 days.
AlmostHeaven chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Very nice. I like the towel thing, its cute. And Sam would freak out like that if he thought Dean was afraid of him. Keep it up.
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
You know, I may never let you leave this fandom, no matter how much you want to. Because your writing is necessary-it NEEDS to be here. Because it seems like so few people GET it, so few people explore Sam and give him the credit and depth that you do.

I love this. I love Sam's reflections on his death and resurrection-that he knows why Dean did it, he knows that it was selfish, but he loves his brother enough to understand it and to not even remotely hold it against it. It hurts to think about living without Dean-but instead of wallowing in what's done, he's more about fixing what will be. I love how that perfectly shows a selflessness in Sam he never gets credit for.

And I love how you have his death there but not. Lingering but unobtrusive. I would love to know more about how his death affects him in the future-if there are dreams as a result or just a slow shift in how he understands himself and the world.

Lastly I love how you set up Sam's actions to Jake as understandable. As realistic. Sam was traumatized by the events of part one and by being brought back. Jake was a threat and the fact that Jake admitted to killing Sam probably screwed with Sam's head more. The remorse you give Sam is so realistic.

Dean's response is classic.

I desperately HOPE this is how they deal with his actions. Evil!Sam is not what I want to see explored. I want Sam to be given credit, but not darkness like that.

Anyway, it was great discussing the ep with you-and you NEED to keep writing fic here!
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Great tag to AHBL (and we got a Towel!Sammy as an extra treat!). Thanks for making me feel better about Sammy's situation, I was fretting over him more than is surely psychologically healthy after watching the finale. LOL!

Personally, I don't particularly want to see outright Evil!Sammy again (delicious though Jared undeniably was as Evil!Sam) but a messed up, angry, confused, hurting, raging Sammy flirting around the edges of darkness as he tries to save his big brother would be loved and treasured very much by me. LOL!
MrsJagielski chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
That was great. You hit the nail on the head.

Alex
Lucy chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
Thank you! Save the Winchesters! :)
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
That was great!
Nina chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
Thank you for the fic! ! I am concerned with our Sammy! I don't want him to be changed and turn badly! I don't want to believe in that!

Your fic filled me with hopes! :-)