Reviews for Some Other Sky
Galaxia SH chapter 1 . 11/6/2014
Thanks for this. Was short, but deep and well-written.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/9/2014
No. Too much. Perfect
Serendipithy chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
I liked how this build-up concluded with something different- these little episodes of Renji's life and how his loyalty came to be. I hadn't thought about the conflict Renji was going through in this perspective. You've gone beneath the surface of his character and placed yourself in his shoes (if he wears them xD). The last scene really struck me as something to think about.

Overall, this was a great fic underlining the in-betweens of the manga. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Wonderfully written. So many fan fics paint Renji as emotionally stunted or needy, or he's just a prop to facilitate an IchiRuki romance. This story shows how Renji can care for Rukia but be caught up in her persecution; how he can hate the Kuchiki but respect and come to feel something more than comaraderie for Byakua. This Renji gets introspective when needed (if, perhaps, infrequently) and makes deliberate decisions. He's more complete and more as I imagine him.

After reading a couple of your Bleach pieces I just want to thank you for the way you bring the characters to life. (Hope my babble doesn't come off as presumptious!)
Franny Mika chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
A very deep and thoughtful story into the life of Renji; you have truly fleshened him out and built up beautifully from the original portrayal, its making me think more of the complexities of Abarai Renji. Ive never given much thought for the character until I read this... As always, keep up the good work!
Sarah Jane Shaw chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Really nice fic, usually I try and steer clear of Renji and Byakuya fics cause they tend to be a little... you know... but this was fantastic! Understated and subtle but that defines their relationship perfectly!
young dawn chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Intense. I was captivated every step if the way. Characterization and undestanding of each event is simply impeccable. Well done.

Sora(:
CooWings chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
This is a good read. I like it. I love Renji, he's complicated, and always overlooked.
shackleton chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
i love renji. he's too overlooked. he's so complicated and tatooed and muscly.
Frosty Pig chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
That was just enjoyable. Seriously I haven't had that good of a time reading a fic in a while. Really nice, loved it.
viper chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
intense...nice story...
AuroraRose14 chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
I really enjoyed this. You have a wonderful way with words. Are you going to continue this?
Cranberry Scoop chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
Ooh. Intenseful.

Which is not a word, according to spell check. Myeh.
Warg chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
Thanks for the read.

Beutifully painted snapshots, rich in scene and the undercurrent behind it all. Loved the pacing.. and very nice work on Renji overall.

piwqefjk chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
This is really good. I especially love the last one - the way you described how Renji made up his mind xD