Reviews for Tea Leaves
Nice.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Interesting.
Madgoat chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
How come I've only discovered this story now? I love Eileen fics and this is a lovely one. One of my disappointments with DH was that we never found out what happened to Snape's mum. I can still pretend the Irma Pince theory was true and your story makes it seem quite possible.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
I really like how you tied in the tea leaves, and this isn't a take on Eileen's life that I see very often.
JolieBlack chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
I really like this fic! I think the idea that Severus' father is actually a very nice, normal and decent guy (and the family tyrant is someone else entirely) is highly original. It has to be considered clearly AU after book 7, of course, but you couldn't know that when you wrote the fic! I'm not sure I understand clearly how Severus came to change sides in this fic - did he change sides *because* his mother was in danger, or was his saving his mother only part of his "spying for Dumbledore" after he's changed sides for other reasons? I suppose you were exploring reasons for Severus' changing sides (before JKR shot them all down with "Snape loved Lily after all" in book 7, which was anything *but* original...), and I find your version of it very believable if it was to save his mother. Either way, it's touching to think that he cared that much about her (about anyone, really!), but at the same time you skillfully avoided making their relationship and their interaction fluffy and soppy, which would have been totally OOC for both Eileen and Severus. I love the bitter-sweet, realistic undertones in this fic, it seems totally IC for Eileen, even though we know next to nothing about her from the books. I'd love to know what became of Eileen. Did they ever meet again after Voldemort's downfall? Was she still alive at the time of the second war, and when her son died? This fic got me wondering. Thanks for triggering all sorts of interesting ideas! P. S. I love the theory that Mme Pince is really Severus' mother!
hypercell chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
ooh. I like that theory. :) I like that story. A lot.
DailyProphetEditor chapter 1 . 8/19/2008
ah, yes, of course, the Irma Price /I'm a Prince theroy. Ye gods, we spent hours discussing that on leakylounge.

I liked your fic! Very well-written.
Chemistress chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Wow, wow, wow, where did this come from? It is brilliant! And the fun theory as A/N at the end topped it off *gg*. I give you an "Outstanding".
The Winterwitch chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
A lovely piece, really well done! Your approach to Eileen and Tobias' relationship is very interesting and makes a lot of sense. It's nice to think that Snape will then have been close to his mother, too, imagining that Eileen became Irma Pince.
watercolour dreams chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Very smart. Brilliant story. I really like it, you have a great knack for English. ]
kirie00 chapter 1 . 7/25/2007
I've read this fic several times before. This is definitely my faverate fic.

In book7, I was deeply disappointed with Snape's backstory. It's rubbish, pointless, and contradictory to his former charater.

There are so many question; How could only 11-year-old half-blood wizard like Snape master the N.E.W.T level cureses by himself? Why and how did Eileen might be powerful witch(she's a captain of Gobstoneclub!) married the meager muggle who bellows his wife and son? It's total nonsense!

So, I'm very happy for I can still find more resonable answer than JK's.
Selbiene Raveren chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Very nice fic you have here. Certainly fills the reader with alot of thoughts. I don't think I've seen the Grandfather being the one arguing with Eileen rather than Tobias before. That's certainly an interesting take on the scene. _

- Selbiene Raveren, Middle Spring Berkano
CSebastiene chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Cecelle,

I particularly enjoyed this story because the focus was on Eileen. I really would love to know more about Severus Snape's family, since he's my favourite character, and I've never seen another story (one-shot or otherwise) like this one. I rather like with the theory that Madame Pince is in fact Eileen Prince... wouldn't that be something?

Thank you for sharing this amazing one-shot with all of us readers! It's an instand favourite!

C. Sebastiene (Seba)
LuridPink chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Eileen Snape is such a fascinating character. We know so little about her, making her such a lovely blank canvas on which to paint a literary work. Irma PinceI'm a Prince is one of my favorite theories.
Ceeti chapter 1 . 6/3/2007
omg - i LOVE IT! i love the premise and the depth you've put into this character about whom we know mostly nothing. this was AWESOME and now i'm going to go bother your other fics )