Reviews for But For The Sake Of Amontillado
Fell4 chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
Absolutely amazing. This matches Poe's poem beautifully. I always did wonder at and imagine the thoughts of Fortunato. And how fortunate he is to have a writer like you to record his thoughts!

-Sister of Fell4

PS- I agree with my sis! It's brilliant how you manage to match Poe's tone and word-usage! Great job!

Fell4
nemiah chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
dude, the last line was awesome. i loved it, and you did convey it almost as well as Poe himself.
NenyaVilyaNenya chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
my favorite Poe story (that I've read, anyway)

What a lovely insight into the mind of a doomed man.
SpaceMonkey0941 chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
I agree with Suz, Poe 'fics are just not something one thinks of as people writing. It's just such a high bar of quality. But wow you totally reached it, as I was reading this all I could think of was "Wow. Basil Rathbone is in the room with me reading this out loud." (Have you heard any of his renditions of Poe? I think they're even -better- than Price)

That was really beautiful writing. I'm in shock. Not because you wrote something this good, but that I never thought it was possible to write something this good. Major, -major- kudos.
Cptn. Suz chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
Oo

I'd never thought of Poe fanfic before. I have liked 'The Cask of Amontillado' ever since I read it in my 9th grade English textbook though I have long forgotten what we were supposed to be reading, anyways...

Excellent job capturing his style and diction, Techie!
Jenwryn chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
It is a few years since I read anything by Poe, and this particular story isn't one I know but - do you know, just for a start, I had actually forgotten that a person could do fan fic on books. So thanks for that! And secondly, from what I do remember (which isn't much) this seems really good. Well, I liked it, though I'm hardly the world's-most-wanted-critic. Let's put it this way - if you do more of this sort of thing, I'll read it...