Reviews for Lie
Deplaisance de la Nuit chapter 1 . 11/1/2018
Ay. Michel Foucault? L, I know you can be a mendacious tool, but you're better than THAT. I will assume that the cold realities of detective work knocked that ivory-tower nonsense out of his skull.

It is an excellent definition of justice, though. Whether or not he meant it. (I think he does mean it in the abstract but freely ignores it when it's inconvenient in an actual situation.)
Guest chapter 1 . 5/14/2015
Wow, this was unusual. Enjoyed reading it, it's well written.
NotALifeToLive chapter 1 . 5/7/2015
I was three when I started drinking coffee. Really stunted my growth...
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Mendacity is taken to a whole new level by a nine-year-old. *snorts incredulously* If anyone would do it, L would be the one.
BeyondMyReach chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
L, while is admittedly adorable, is a freaky kid at times. You love him anyway, but...
Anyway, beautiful fanfic you have here. I can totally understand how perturbed Quillsh felt, especially with the last line. Through this whole fanfic, you get this feeling of wanting L to stop lying (or at least I did), but when he finally did, it is so chilling that you wish he did lie. Does that make sense?
aloeyoshi chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
'I'm not that old.'

'Sharper, yes. More mature? Maybe not.'

'Why did you lie to that woman?' 'I felt like it.'

Haha, my favorites lines in this one-shot, along with the ending line. It was as cute as it was funny :)

Honestly, I'd be intimadated to face even a 9-year-old L; he'd probably make me feel dumb...even at that young of an age! XD
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Truthfully, the way you portray L and his ability to lie so flawlessly at such a young age is very chilling. Especially the last line, "When I feel like it.". It's...creepy, for lack of a better word. Great job~ :3
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
loved it.
Tallulah Grammar Songstress chapter 1 . 4/9/2011
The "I may need to work on the grace part" is ADORABLE. But I love your portrayal of L as a child but yet very L-like. The balance between aspirations of justice and the lying really fits, and I love that L was honest with Watari at the end and yet, of course, implied that he isn't. I was glad you didn't either sentimentalise him or have him lie outright by saying "No"!
May000 chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
I can totally imagine little L being this way. He must have been scarily manipulative even as a kid. And a smartarse, of course. Cute, though.
Jedi Master Bag chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
That was beautifully written.
Buscadora chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
A boy like that would scare me. Seriously, after reading it I'm glad I haven't met L.
spaycesickle chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I think you captured L'd personality perfectly!

Thanks for the read :)
universefactory chapter 1 . 11/16/2008
Oh, this gave me a shiver when I reached the end. An excellent characterization of a younger L. Well done :)
magdilen chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Good job of youthening (is that a word?) L.