Reviews for Favors of Fate
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 2/22
What a sweet story! Yes, I can see why Splinter would think of the Turtles as a meal based on his instincts, but thank goodness he didn't do it. But I agree with Donnie that he understands what was going on and that he doesn't judge Splinter for anything. Yes, as much as I loved the 2003 version of Splinter, I prefer Splinter being Hamato Yoshi like in the original cartoon and the new Nickelodeon cartoon which I adore! Nicely done on this.

The Bubbly One,
Shell
TheWinterMe chapter 1 . 12/22/2015
I did not expect Splinter's answer to be that morbidly dark, but, it was believable. I really enjoyed their conversation. Of course, Donatello has the curious mind, wondering about Splinter's moments before the mutation. Nicely done!
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 12/19/2015
Lovely. I am in awe. I adore stories were Splinter is the one being comforted, and a scientific Donatello is perfect. He can approach this sensitive topic with distance and empathy because he's so logical and caring. He wouldn't be horrified or angry or hurt - just understanding and compassionate. I love that Splinter didn't try to lie or hide. Truly, truly beautiful. And yeah, a few fallen tears on Splinter's part just makes the scene even more touching. Wonderful.
window girl chapter 1 . 8/11/2015
Wow! This literally never would have occurred to me. It's gruesome and sad but also very touching.
Pheonix09 chapter 1 . 7/30/2015
Awww cute and awesome, I loved it and nice job
becky chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
That was funny
Illmerica chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Yeah, after reading a study on rats I was wondering why he didn't eat them too. Guess this explains it
Vela513 chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
This is a great story. It does sound to me like it's possible Splinter did eat a 5th turtle when he said "I did not eat any of you, because I had already eaten for that day." esp. if the 'any of you' meant the four we all know now.

Still, probably a good thing that the kids didn't find out earlier! Probably based off of certain movies and fairy-tales, lots of kids at one point have a sneaking suspicion that their parents are really just fattening them up for later. I can imagine Mikey would've had a spectacular reaction to that as a kid.
Jaded Scorpio chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Ha-you had Don ask what I always wondered! Awesome! And a good answer for it too. I couldn't have asked for better.

Course, you have to think that Splinter wasn't quite an ordinary rat to begin with to know so much about Ninjitsu. :)
Second daughter of Eve chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Interesting choice of topic Donnie...

Eve
KeepYerCoolGreenBean chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
"Oh and Donatello?"

"Yes Sensei?"

"...there were actually...five of you."

"...what?"

"On an unrelated subject, did you know that certain reptiles taste like chicken?"

D8

lol

Toy with his mind Splinter!
Leepet chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
Aww. I always kinda wondered about that. Thank you for answering the question.
Kay chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
I can already tell you work is particularly brilliant not only because it's well-written, but also because you search out possibilities I would have never even considered, and then execute them so wonderfully. *_* Brilliant, I tell you.

I love this. It makes me shiver, sigh, and smile. :) :) And that it's Donny who thinks of it is fitting in more than one way to me.
pacphys chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
Wow, I love it! Your descriptions of Don from Splinter's point of view are wonderful! LOL! And I loved the bit where he almost never reaches the peaceful state Splinter is always trying to get them to reach and the reasons. Absolutely spot on characterization through the whole thing.

And finally, a reason that Splinter didn't eat them the moment he found them!

Wonderful little fic!

Cheers,

~pacphys~
Reijiro chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Sorry! I read this a few days ago, but only just getting back to comment now.

This was a brilliant little piece, very insightful. It does make me wonder though just what Splinter had already eaten, I noticed he was quite wary of going into detail too much. So was there a fifth turtle originally...

Unfortunately an absurd thought stuck me the other day when thinking on this story, and has stuck with me ever since; "So THAT's what happened to Venus!" Yeah, sad I know, I'll drag my flippant brain back into the corner and give it another righteous beating. This story deserves better than that, but I needed to purge the thought!

Anywho, back on a serious tack, I did really enjoy this story. It was uncomfortable enough a subject to make the hugs and sentiments at the end very welcome and warming.

Thank you for another great read.