Reviews for Favors of Fate
becky chapter 1 . 6/7/2013
That was funny
Illmerica chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Yeah, after reading a study on rats I was wondering why he didn't eat them too. Guess this explains it
Vela513 chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
This is a great story. It does sound to me like it's possible Splinter did eat a 5th turtle when he said "I did not eat any of you, because I had already eaten for that day." esp. if the 'any of you' meant the four we all know now.

Still, probably a good thing that the kids didn't find out earlier! Probably based off of certain movies and fairy-tales, lots of kids at one point have a sneaking suspicion that their parents are really just fattening them up for later. I can imagine Mikey would've had a spectacular reaction to that as a kid.
Jaded Scorpio chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Ha-you had Don ask what I always wondered! Awesome! And a good answer for it too. I couldn't have asked for better.

Course, you have to think that Splinter wasn't quite an ordinary rat to begin with to know so much about Ninjitsu. :)
Second daughter of Eve chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Interesting choice of topic Donnie...

Eve
KeepYerCoolGreenBean chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
"Oh and Donatello?"

"Yes Sensei?"

"...there were actually...five of you."

"...what?"

"On an unrelated subject, did you know that certain reptiles taste like chicken?"

D8

lol

Toy with his mind Splinter!
Leepet chapter 1 . 6/7/2008
Aww. I always kinda wondered about that. Thank you for answering the question.
Kay chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
I can already tell you work is particularly brilliant not only because it's well-written, but also because you search out possibilities I would have never even considered, and then execute them so wonderfully. *_* Brilliant, I tell you.

I love this. It makes me shiver, sigh, and smile. :) :) And that it's Donny who thinks of it is fitting in more than one way to me.
pacphys chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
Wow, I love it! Your descriptions of Don from Splinter's point of view are wonderful! LOL! And I loved the bit where he almost never reaches the peaceful state Splinter is always trying to get them to reach and the reasons. Absolutely spot on characterization through the whole thing.

And finally, a reason that Splinter didn't eat them the moment he found them!

Wonderful little fic!

Cheers,

~pacphys~
Reijiro chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Sorry! I read this a few days ago, but only just getting back to comment now.

This was a brilliant little piece, very insightful. It does make me wonder though just what Splinter had already eaten, I noticed he was quite wary of going into detail too much. So was there a fifth turtle originally...

Unfortunately an absurd thought stuck me the other day when thinking on this story, and has stuck with me ever since; "So THAT's what happened to Venus!" Yeah, sad I know, I'll drag my flippant brain back into the corner and give it another righteous beating. This story deserves better than that, but I needed to purge the thought!

Anywho, back on a serious tack, I did really enjoy this story. It was uncomfortable enough a subject to make the hugs and sentiments at the end very welcome and warming.

Thank you for another great read.
OSYH chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
I never really thought of the possibility until about a third into your story. And you portrayed Master Plinter's thoughts so well.
Bad Habits chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
Interesting story. I can't say I've ever seen something like that. However, I'd like to address something else - your statement regarding the new cartoon and the original 80's cartoon and, what I am assuming, is the Archie comic books.

I'd have to say that while those are in fact the most prevalent and well known versions of the Ninja Turtles story, they are not the first. In the original comic books written by Eastman & Laird, of which the new cartoon's first season is supposed to be an almost perfect adaptation of, Splinter really was a rat and not a human.
TheIncredibleDancingBetty chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Wow! This is an excellent story and plays on the aspects of the TMNT that we've never thought about (or even wanted to consider, for that matter). You played out Splinter and Donatello with excellence. Congrats.
anypenname chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Wow, what a touching story. Great job on this!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/20/2007