Reviews for Legacy of the Red Sun: The Complete Trilogy
VStarTraveler chapter 30 . 8/13
Review for Chapters 27 through 30 (and an overall view):

Without giving anything specific away, there's lots of great action and a number of recognizable scenes in the last few chapters as the Rebel plan comes together and then starts to fall apart as Admiral Ackbar issues a classic line. The Kryptonians cause trouble and the Rebels have other plans as do the Imperials. We also discover the meaning behind a certain very important message before the battle plays out. It's very well staged with a lot of excitement, surprises, and emotion.

In summarizing the overall story, I think this was very well done. The reader gets to see a new take on the story from a "what if" perspective, and Kal El and both canon and SW EU characters get to shine. This was a very enjoyable read and I really appreciate all of the effort that the author put into it for our enjoyment. Great job!

Now I'm looking forward to the next story in the series! I'm also wondering if the author has considered a story about what might have happened on Earth when Kara Zor-El arrived to find that her cousin never did. Oh, the possibilities!
VStarTraveler chapter 26 . 8/12
Chapters 23 through 26:

Lots of tension building as the plan starts to come together. The story is greatly diverged from the original at this point, but it was nice to see certain throwbacks to the original. The rancour was a nice but completely unexpected surprise. The elimination of the Imperials gave the story a hard but somewhat realistic edge. Looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here.

Well done!
VStarTraveler chapter 22 . 8/12
Review for Chapters 21 & 22:

The "Saving" chapters hAve a lot of great parallels. Both women are at rock bottom and don't have anything for which to live. The crew kidnaps Mara and she thinks she's finished when Kale saves her and she comes to life after being in darkness for so long. The day in the life at the beginning of 22 was a welcome parallel and contrast to her life a day or two earlier at the beginning of Chapter 20.

Leia's day is similarly depressing as Mara's had been, but then Mara appears and Leia takes a chance on her. The rescue doesn't go quite as planned, but it sets up a great scene for both sides. Perhaps the best part is how it affects Vader and how he seems to get back at least a bit of his humanity.

Great job!
VStarTraveler chapter 20 . 8/12
I wasn't planning to comment on individual chapters, but ai think this one deserves special recognition. Mara's story and the results if her fall from the emperor's grace are particularly touching. She is a lost soul, cast out by the only father figure she has ever known and seemingly abandoned by the only person she had ever loved. Very touching and nicely done.

The appearance of the Kryptonians harkens back to Superman II or Man of Steel, so we know but regret what is coming. It is quite fortunate for a certain white haired beauty that someone has enough sense to order a retreat, even if it doesn't go that well. Kale and company currently have other duties, but it looks like time may be running out for them all.

Excellent work!
VStarTraveler chapter 19 . 8/10
Chapters 16-19:

Great job keeping the action moving along quickly and paralleling some of the major points of the movie but in a totally different way. I liked how Kale was brought into one with the force and how Mara even regretted that he kept giving her chances when she knew that she would continue to betray him due to her connection with the emperor. When that is finally broken, she seems to lose her will to live since she now has to be on her own. Kale's understanding of Han appears to be fairly complete, too, as he asks again about when they're leaving to rescue a certain princess. Finally, that the emperor is able to gain complete control over his three guests is good in that it keeps the story centered in the SW realm rather than becoming a Supeman rehash with some Stormtroopers, Jedi, and droids for window dressing. Again, very nicely done!
VStarTraveler chapter 15 . 8/9
Chapters 11 through 15:

Great continuation as we get into the former Empire Strikes Back phase of the story. I loved the alternate Hoth storyline and how Han ended up with a new ship. Kale's power continues to grow but he's now no longer invincible but also no longer afraid of heights and flying. The Mara Jade/Darth Vader interaction was nicely handled, too, in a way that might have been utilized in the movies if she had been a real canon character. Excellent job!
VStarTraveler chapter 10 . 8/8
Review for Chapters 1 through 10:

Great concept for a story and very well executed. It seemed a bit shaky in the early chapters but came together well as the story began to find its course and drift a little further away from the SW canon as paths cross and diverge instead of converging. I especially liked the inclusion of a certain redhead early in the story to show how her part becomes different in a galaxy without Luke. Very well done.
tamagat chapter 30 . 6/25
i love a happy ending, and to hell with celchu!
tamagat chapter 23 . 6/25
why the fuck cant kale have both!? godamnit! and i cant stop reading! fucking hell! and tycho can go to hell!
tamagat chapter 14 . 6/25
WAIT! kryptonians have a "love at first sight" bullshit!? what the fuck!? is that even on the comics?
tamagat chapter 5 . 6/25
Even children are forced to grow up in the face of pain.
tamagat chapter 3 . 6/25
kale is dumb, for someone so smart, he can be very stupid. sorry had to truthful.
Turns out this is not a story for me, Kals mind is far too weak for me to be able to enjoy it.
This is going way too fast... im pretty sure she is a slutty bad guy err.. woman.
Dreaming of the Moon chapter 30 . 6/16
Fantastic end to a great story. I really loved what you did with Vader at the end. Truly amazing.