Reviews for Second Life
Riniko22 chapter 24 . 3/25/2012
I'm really surprised that Rita does not have her pen recording things from within her handbag as to keep people thinking that they are safe from her pen. People do say things more freely when then think they are not recorded only heard.
Riniko22 chapter 17 . 3/24/2012
I would not have passed on the lessons, the rings are nice as a back-up, but it is always best to be prepared. Knowing the skill would be safer as the rings can be taken off, either by the wearer or by someone removing the finger/hand they are attached to.
Riniko22 chapter 10 . 3/24/2012
Dumbledore has a lot of criminal activity to answer for and I hope Evan starts to collect it all for use. While he may not want to have Dumbledore arrested it would still be good to have for leverage. It Dumbledore knew that his secrets would come to light it would be easier to protect Harry from him, as it is unlikely that he will want to give up his plans. And then there is Alice to consider as she may have her own feelings about what Dumbledore has done to her to control Harry.
lastcrazyhorn chapter 9 . 3/11/2012
*squees* Baby house elves! I want one. *sighs*
rubina chapter 28 . 1/29/2012
Hey this story is absolutly fantastic. Are you sure you dont want to continue it?

Ok, I must admit soe thing sounds to easy on the other hand, If these rigs wouldnt have Occlumancy shield they would be screwed, since Evan and Harry basically have anti-affinity for mind-arts. The charms on glasses can be here, bbut I would thing they re as useless as normal invisibly ink. They reval only really weak invisibly charms, like reveal which yoou can get in same shop as invisibly ink will reweall invisibli ink, but not much more or finite incantatem dioesnt work on most above first year spells.

Well I dont think Evan is too emotional, but it may be a little disdirected. I mean the one of most reall moment was, when he missed Ron and Hermione and they arent exactly often mentioned, which is odd, because as it is, it seems that Evan hasn't have any, whjch made his live before he adopted Harry even more sureall.

One thing makes me worried through. Evan doest know about hoxcruxes as it is he has made some powerfull oponents and nobody recognised what the diary was. You cant have Sirius recognise it, because he is dead, Dumbledore isnt friendly and trusting them enaugh to tell them his theory, so this relly could cause problem, but it isnt totally hopeless either.
Benjamin Goldberg chapter 26 . 1/10/2012
I don't think Harry's (err, Evan's) plan to use a recording of a rooster's crow to kill the basilisk seems unlikely to work - it seems a bit like using a photograph of the sun to kill a vampire.

A rooster's crow is symbolic of a new day; a recording of a rooster's crow would likely be a symbol of the beginning of an old day, and therefore not effective.

I'm not saying to change Evan's plan - story characters do make mistakes, after all. Instead, I would suggest that you have his plan fail. A spectacular failure (especially if you can surprise your readers) can be more fun to read than an easy success.

A revised plan, for Evan to create after the first one fails, might be as follows: Acquire a pair of magical two-way mirrors, and set one up somewhere that the rising sun's light will shine through it. Go into the Chamber, just before dawn, with the other mirror, and a live rooster. Aiming the light of dawn through the mirror onto the rooster would cause it to crow, and the crow would kill the basilisk. The timing would match that of the real dawn, the rooster's crow would be live, not recorded, and the light would be (almost) real sunlight.

Yet another alternative plan would be similar, but to leave the rooster and one mirror outside with an accomplice (either little Harry, or one of the Potter house elves), and go into the Chamber with the other mirror just before dawn. The rooster's crow would pass through the mirror, and hopefully kill the basilisk. The advantage of this plan is that noone is going to ask you why you're carrying around a rooster - the disadvantage is that we're assuming that magically transmitted sound is as effective as live sound, which might not be the case.
Kingdark chapter 27 . 12/29/2011
This is an excellent story. It is truly too bad that you have abandoned it as you have. It seemed that you knew very well what you were doing in previous chapters.

I am disappointed that you have abandoned this and the one would have adopted it seems to have not even bothered posting beyond the first -identical- chapter.

Perhaps you still have something on the side that you have managed to write since... roughly a year and a month ago?

KD
Proper the Incredible chapter 28 . 12/19/2011
u bastard i luv dis story
Stitched In Ice chapter 18 . 12/14/2011
Eighteen chapters in, and I'm finally deciding to review, not that it'll help any really seeing as you know, there's more chapters and all.

Firstly, I find it all around good, except for a few things. One, very unrealistic. It may be a world of magic, but you're making things just too easy. Such as the mind connections available via Rings, or the charm to see through invisibility on the glasses. Sorry, but it seems to me like it should be more difficult than that.

Also, In my mind, 'Evan' isn't committing to his story enough. He's been explaining his life story to too many people. Also, he's too emotional when it comes to James and Lily' deaths. He's fifteen and he didn't even know his parents. I find it too unbelievable.

Other than those things, it's a very good story. Should those tiny things be rectified or changed, this might even appear in my favourites!
Teufel1987 chapter 22 . 12/4/2011
You probably won't see this, well you probably will, but I don't hold out any hope of anything being done about it ... Anyway I just couldn't help myself ...

The thing about everybody saying that the Ministry is biased towards the purebloods because of the underage laws and the wands thing is erroneous and stupid

I will point out that if two Muggleborn were to have a child, they too could take advantage of the loophole about the wands by giving their child one of their own wands ... Hell, they could start their own wand collection ...

So the old families have a cache of wands ... So what? The wands are the personal property of the person wielding it at the time ... What he or she does with it during their life is their business ... What they decide to do with the wand after they die is also their business and what the family decides to do with the wand of a deceased individual is the family's business plain and simple ...

The government has no right to take that property ...

I don't see the government intervening every time a person dies and taking any guns or other weapons that person has accumulated in the real world ... So why should the magical world be expected to do something like that? And that's the only way they can "make things fair" for the Muggleborns ...

Also the main objective of the ministry is to keep the existence of magic and the people that can wield magic a secret ... Hence the underage laws ... They do not want Muggles getting suspicious, they do not want the existence of magic getting out ... So they restrict the use of magic in muggle areas when a wizard or witch is a minor in the hope that said wizard/witch can understand not to use magic in a muggle area (or at least do it discreetly) when they come of age ...

The ministry monitors the use of magic in the Muggle world because that is a security risk ... Magic being used the the magical world isn't a problem obviously as it isn't exactly a secret there

Muggleborn children do not have a magical parent ... So they do not know anything about responsibly using magic in such a way as to not expose the magical world ... It's a lot like giving your child alcohol ... Selling alcohol to minors is illegal, but nothing is stopping you from giving a minor alcohol in your house ... It's expected of you not to do it, but you can still do it ...

The same way, wizarding parents are expected to make sure that their wards do not use magic when school is not in session ... The government cannot monitor everybody! It is not only unethical and an invasion of privacy, but expensive...

If you read the books, you find that the Weasley parents enforce that law ... There is also that family in Goblet of Fire that Harry notices in the Quidditch world cup where the mother of the little boy scolds him for using his father's wand ...

Not to mention that Hermione got away with performing spells before her first year started ... She did mention that she had tried a few spells out ... So the ministry isn't out there to get the Muggleborns ... If they were, then he Grangers would have faced legal actions ranging from a monetary fine all the way to Hermione being expelled ...
jackie chapter 16 . 10/21/2011
What does Evan do all day at Potter manor when he's not at the Longbottoms? It's frustrating that it seems like he's not doing anything like research what needs to be done in order to defeat Voldemort or practice spells or something. Maybe in this story little Harry will be the one to defeat Voldemort in this dimension but Evan will be playing a part in that as well. I don't think Evan would be willing to put little Harry in the frontlines just like that.

I realize that Evan is only sixteen and he really doesn't know a lot of magic or even wizarding culture. But that's actually more reason for him to look for information isn't it? Considering what the situation was in his own dimension, what happened to Ron and Hermione are worse than what happened in canon. Evan shouldn't want that to happen in this dimension as well. That's why he wanted to travel to the past: to prevent those bad things from happening.

Another thing that needs to be adressed: What about Evan's own dimesion? Hermione and Ron have lost the health and sanity, not that Evan can actually do something about it, but it seems like a big price to pay and with the war coming, it just seems so hopeless in their dimension without Harry. It just seems he doesn't think about it much.
Espied7 chapter 26 . 10/20/2011
Brilliant analysis of the mind link. I'm impressed.
Hodemi chapter 16 . 9/29/2011
I have to say this chapter has made me despise Remus Lupin even more if possible.

Of course its easy to despise and hate the man in canon for the way he abandoned Harry to the Dursleys and couldn't even bother once to check up on him and make sure he was being well taken care of.

However in this story the author has rewritten history to provide a reasonable excuse for this, as in he did try to rescue Harry but Dumbledork blocked this.

However in this chapter once again his true self shines through. His pathetic pride would be more important to him than being with and taking care of Harry. What a obnoxious prat. Lily and James would be turning in their graves.
1sunfun chapter 27 . 8/28/2011
A really, really good story.

CCAP
Marz1 chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Good start but rather depressing.
1,210 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »