Reviews for Second Life
Esseraph chapter 28 . 4/5/2012
Are you going to leave this up though? Just in case I dislike where the new author takes it, I'd like to be able to reread the version I liked.
gennastar chapter 27 . 4/3/2012
I thought I was getting a new or ongoing story, but what can a reader do? I used favorite story tracker to find this hp story and didn't read the summary.

Abandoned, huh? I wished I would have checked out the authors' page first and noted it was a done deal. You should know that this little HP is adorable. The big HP is pretty good too. I wish I knew whether heever returned to his home dimension or found a cure for HG and RW.
Ungodlyone chapter 27 . 4/2/2012
Cool story bro
Riniko22 chapter 28 . 3/25/2012
I am sorry to read that you were not continuing the story, but I knew that really when I began reading the first chapter. Still I enjoyed the story you had created and hope that you do more with the story in the future. Thanks again for the work you have done.
Riniko22 chapter 27 . 3/25/2012
Think Evan would have been better off replacing the coffin with a replacement, that way any ritual used would be ruined by having the wrong remains used. As to pairing that was up to you, but I already figured you were doing Alice/Remus from earlier chapter hints. Harry is much to early to pair with anyone, now as far as Evan that is also hard as some cannon characters are not quite the right age. but the closest may be Tonks as she will not be with Remus in this world's future.
Riniko22 chapter 26 . 3/25/2012
Yes, Evan should begin looking for every way he can cause trouble for Voldemort and his followers in this world. I should think that Evan should know some secrets that these followers don't want released just because he was dragged into their plots at some time. Also, it would not hurt to release Voldemort's secret of being Tom Riddle and being less than a pure blood, it may turn some away from supporting him again or supporting those that followed him.
Riniko22 chapter 24 . 3/25/2012
I'm really surprised that Rita does not have her pen recording things from within her handbag as to keep people thinking that they are safe from her pen. People do say things more freely when then think they are not recorded only heard.
Riniko22 chapter 17 . 3/24/2012
I would not have passed on the lessons, the rings are nice as a back-up, but it is always best to be prepared. Knowing the skill would be safer as the rings can be taken off, either by the wearer or by someone removing the finger/hand they are attached to.
Riniko22 chapter 10 . 3/24/2012
Dumbledore has a lot of criminal activity to answer for and I hope Evan starts to collect it all for use. While he may not want to have Dumbledore arrested it would still be good to have for leverage. It Dumbledore knew that his secrets would come to light it would be easier to protect Harry from him, as it is unlikely that he will want to give up his plans. And then there is Alice to consider as she may have her own feelings about what Dumbledore has done to her to control Harry.
lastcrazyhorn chapter 9 . 3/11/2012
*squees* Baby house elves! I want one. *sighs*
rubina chapter 28 . 1/29/2012
Hey this story is absolutly fantastic. Are you sure you dont want to continue it?

Ok, I must admit soe thing sounds to easy on the other hand, If these rigs wouldnt have Occlumancy shield they would be screwed, since Evan and Harry basically have anti-affinity for mind-arts. The charms on glasses can be here, bbut I would thing they re as useless as normal invisibly ink. They reval only really weak invisibly charms, like reveal which yoou can get in same shop as invisibly ink will reweall invisibli ink, but not much more or finite incantatem dioesnt work on most above first year spells.

Well I dont think Evan is too emotional, but it may be a little disdirected. I mean the one of most reall moment was, when he missed Ron and Hermione and they arent exactly often mentioned, which is odd, because as it is, it seems that Evan hasn't have any, whjch made his live before he adopted Harry even more sureall.

One thing makes me worried through. Evan doest know about hoxcruxes as it is he has made some powerfull oponents and nobody recognised what the diary was. You cant have Sirius recognise it, because he is dead, Dumbledore isnt friendly and trusting them enaugh to tell them his theory, so this relly could cause problem, but it isnt totally hopeless either.
Benjamin Goldberg chapter 26 . 1/10/2012
I don't think Harry's (err, Evan's) plan to use a recording of a rooster's crow to kill the basilisk seems unlikely to work - it seems a bit like using a photograph of the sun to kill a vampire.

A rooster's crow is symbolic of a new day; a recording of a rooster's crow would likely be a symbol of the beginning of an old day, and therefore not effective.

I'm not saying to change Evan's plan - story characters do make mistakes, after all. Instead, I would suggest that you have his plan fail. A spectacular failure (especially if you can surprise your readers) can be more fun to read than an easy success.

A revised plan, for Evan to create after the first one fails, might be as follows: Acquire a pair of magical two-way mirrors, and set one up somewhere that the rising sun's light will shine through it. Go into the Chamber, just before dawn, with the other mirror, and a live rooster. Aiming the light of dawn through the mirror onto the rooster would cause it to crow, and the crow would kill the basilisk. The timing would match that of the real dawn, the rooster's crow would be live, not recorded, and the light would be (almost) real sunlight.

Yet another alternative plan would be similar, but to leave the rooster and one mirror outside with an accomplice (either little Harry, or one of the Potter house elves), and go into the Chamber with the other mirror just before dawn. The rooster's crow would pass through the mirror, and hopefully kill the basilisk. The advantage of this plan is that noone is going to ask you why you're carrying around a rooster - the disadvantage is that we're assuming that magically transmitted sound is as effective as live sound, which might not be the case.
Kingdark chapter 27 . 12/29/2011
This is an excellent story. It is truly too bad that you have abandoned it as you have. It seemed that you knew very well what you were doing in previous chapters.

I am disappointed that you have abandoned this and the one would have adopted it seems to have not even bothered posting beyond the first -identical- chapter.

Perhaps you still have something on the side that you have managed to write since... roughly a year and a month ago?

Proper the Incredible chapter 28 . 12/19/2011
u bastard i luv dis story
Stitched In Ice chapter 18 . 12/14/2011
Eighteen chapters in, and I'm finally deciding to review, not that it'll help any really seeing as you know, there's more chapters and all.

Firstly, I find it all around good, except for a few things. One, very unrealistic. It may be a world of magic, but you're making things just too easy. Such as the mind connections available via Rings, or the charm to see through invisibility on the glasses. Sorry, but it seems to me like it should be more difficult than that.

Also, In my mind, 'Evan' isn't committing to his story enough. He's been explaining his life story to too many people. Also, he's too emotional when it comes to James and Lily' deaths. He's fifteen and he didn't even know his parents. I find it too unbelievable.

Other than those things, it's a very good story. Should those tiny things be rectified or changed, this might even appear in my favourites!
1,216 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »