Reviews for Child Psychology
CacTusLoVer27 chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
I love the hopeful note in the end, even if in hindsight is a little depressing... :)
mngrue chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Whoa! Good work on this one : ) Makes me sort of sad it couldn't really work for him...
ccase13 chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
I like stories about Sam's battles to get to college and you are right that he would have gotten in to many if he were good enough for a full scholarship to Stanford.
achillies-eel chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
An interesting summary of Sam's life and what lead him to make some of the decisions that really influenced his life. I've always wondered how he came to decide he wanted to go to Stanford. I like the way you put it. Though I didn't quite like that you put John as such a cold father, I realized that, well, this IS from Sammy's POV, and John was wrapped up in finding and killing the demon, so yeah, I guess he was a bit of a bastard.

All in all, I quite liked it. :D A job well done, I say.

Keep up the good work, yes? :)
poisonivykiss chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
Woah.

I just absolutely adore this.

It's AWESOME.
shmrck14 chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
Very well written, enjoyable, I could definitely see Sam’s thoughts going this way.
Still Awesome2009 chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
I would be exstatic if I got into six ivy league schools, but on the otherhand I am why out of their league. LOL. Great story
Lisette chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
What a wonderful, fantastic look into the mind of Sam Winchester - one in which we saw a logical progression to the person that we see in canon Supernatural. The best part for me was that the casual acknowledgement of Sam understanding how much he owed Dean, but also the understanding that at 17 he WAS selfish, just as all teens can be. You acknowledged this in a way that didn't make Sam a bad guy, and for that I can't thank you enough. And you even managed to do it in a way that didn't make John a bad guy - just an absent father.

WELL DONE!
kourin lucrece chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
this was absolutely wonderful. bravo
Simply Cynical chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Good song.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
What a fascinating way of showing how the changes in Sammy from sweet adoring child to indifferent teenage to finally runaway college student take place. All these changes are brought about a lifestyle that gave him no hope, until that brief period with Caleb (at Dean's insistence -loved that Dean could see this need in his brother and acted on it) before once again that was taken away. Grabbing a lifeline like college was his only chance to escape his misery. Great storytelling.
Colby's girl chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Interesting take on how Sam came to his final decision to leave his family behind. Good job !
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
I LOVE this story. It's just so realistic-watching Sam change, from wanting to be his father, to idolizing his brother, to pulling away, to finding his strength in knowledge, to breaking away entirely. Sam is so often demonized for his choice to leave for school, which I think is completely unfair. You've captured that longing for independence that all people have and you break my heart while making me totally understand where Sam's coming from.

Well done :)
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
That was incredible, such a great insight in to what poor Sammy's largely nomadic childhood must have been like and his attempts to create a life for himself amidst the horrors of that childhood. His breakdown at 12 broke my heart. Wonderful fic.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
Awesome. Catch ya on the flip side.