Reviews for This Dust Was Once the Man
This is a brilliant story! I almost feel guilty for enjoying it. It makes me feel like those doctors who were messing with Malcolm just to watch what happened. Here I am reading the story just to get the lovely character development between him and Trip. Thanks. :)
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
A great story. Very good.
Hisster chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Wow, absolutely fabulous as usual.

Hisster
Romanse chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
Girl, that was DELICIOUS! A tasty bit of h/c that had lots of angst and great, interesting villians. Poor Malcolm! You put that poor boy through the wringer in such a rockin' way. I could clearly picture Trip and how worried and exhausted he must have been caring for Malcolm who was soo ill. Even I was truly worried that you were going to kill him off!

"...and he really couldn't be arsed." LOL - as an American reader, I have no idea what that means.

This was a great short, story and I enjoyed reading it very much.
Melethwen chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
As some of the other reviewers have said - i ignored the slashy subtext and focussed on he friendship aspect of this piece.

I really enjoyed this fic - and the revelatio of the watching aliens was quite creepy - and the thought that they had 'experimented' on Malcolm and that he would never know is quite worrying from my pov for the character.

Anyways - this was well written and your captured the emotions of the characters well, also highlighting Trip's emotions and helplessness was very good.

I enjoyed this fic very much and hope that you will share more with us :-)

(especially Malcolm and Trip fics - they are the greatest!)

Thanks for sharing

Melethwen
nebbyJen chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Yay! Great story. Poor Malcolm, so fortunate once again to have trusty Trip there to take care of him. The watchers were rather interesting and a neat twist. Well done.
volley chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
This was a good story. I didn't mind the subtext, it's subtle enough to be ignored, if one wanted to. And the tension throughout the piece was very well-done.

So they don't get to find out they were the subjects of a test, huh? Perhaps it's better that way...

Thanks for this.
Begoogled chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Very nice fic! I decided not to see the slashy subtext, so I thought there was some wonderful friendship here. And Malcolm is miserable, and trippin'! We do like to see him suffer, don't we?

The curiosity of the aliens was a different approach to Trip and Malcolm's problems, but one that I liked. The scientists were not mean and sadistic, but seemed innocent, even though their methods are to be questioned.

Thanks for the read!