Reviews for Betrayal
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Your take on "The Janus List" is great. Don & Charlie's interaction was quite fun to read and warmed my heart just like a bottle of Jack Daniels.
Reader One chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
I literally "Awed" at the end. I have a passionate love for all that is brotherly love. And you did it justice, thank you.
Taura Callisto chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Nice! I would love to be there when the next man came along that thought Charlie was expendable, they'd have quite a surprise coming to them! )
Rainbow Stevie chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
There now, that's the reaction that was lacking at the end of the episode. It's the kind of thing that turns your world upside down, and alcohol sounds like a pretty good way of dealing with it in the short term. I love this part - 'How they hell did he think “trust issues” showed up in a person’s life, anyway? Because it never paid, trusting, that’s how.' Exactly the kind of thing I can hear Don saying. But the last line...the last line kills me. Absolutely beautiful.
PleaseDeleteAccount111 chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
I do love this take on the Janus List aftermath. Don's so in character it makes me want to cry. The reaction of him to the thought of people thinking Charlie's expendable is great.

I also know no one really wants to think Colby's a complete and total traitor. I honestly think there's more to it than what we can see now. Still, what if he is? Have a bit of faith in the writers of the show. I think we will all be surprised.
Magnificently-In-Love chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
that episode made me sad colby's gone!
LOL chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Really well written and utterly beautiful.

You've captured them so well.

Rhapsodista chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Part of me desperately wants a follow-up, but another part thinks it's perfect just as it is. Awesome, as usual.
SilverStorm06 chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
I still CANNOT believe they made Colby a traitor. I just can't comprehend... can't understand... can't... won't... *brain goes into overdrive*
SnowySleigh chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
Wow. I loved this story, and your disclaimer as well. Where most people have 'I wish I owned Numb3rs' as a disclaimer, 'This television series is not my fault' seems better after the finale.

I loved Don's reactions- he was more angry that Colby thought Charlie was 'expendable' than he was that he was lied to as well. The line 'Bradford be damned. How they hell did he think “trust issues” showed up in a person’s life, anyway?' also stuck out to me for some reason, I'm not entirely sure why, but it was very in character for Don.

Once again, great fic!
KrasnayaSquare chapter 1 . 5/22/2007 cute! That was adorable and I thank you profusely for writing it!

Ja ne!

Patty chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
That's my Don! Drunk but ever protective, ever the big brother. Very nice, Fraidy.

By the way, this story reminds me once again that all is not what it seems with Colby.

I think Don, Charlie and Alan would have been talking about Colby as the episode closed rather than Ashby if Don particularly felt Colby's guilt was a foregone conclusion. His

anger toward him for thinking Charlie was expendable is another matter completely.

I'm mixing apples and oranges here. Forgive me.
dHALL chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Yes, that's rather what I felt like doing after the finale too...

Your final sentence was great! I'd like to see a follow up to that statement.

criminally charmed chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
oh you made me cry. but in a good way, as strange as that sounds. good job
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
I think this is my favorite take on the season finale. There have been so many, but this one shows the anger and emotion so clearly. Well done.(as always)