Reviews for Loss
Churnok chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Could use some backstory on where Skyfire and Starscream are, how they got there, and what the area looks like. Skyfire looked up at the sky so that implies they are on solid ground of some sort. But is it rock? Metal? Something else? Are they on a planet or just a hunk of material? How is the night sky wild? Some physical description of the other Transformers mentioned would also have been good. Fivescan at the very least should have been described since he was a central character. Was he bigger or Smaller? What was his color sceme? If Starscream was a military model what model was Fivescan? Etc.
It feels like a filler story in a larger arc and I missed the "Previously on Transformers" section. What happened in the previous episode doesn't apply to the main story here except for explaining where they are and how they got there.
Otherwise it's an interesting story that reveals a good deal about who Starscream was before he became a Decepticon and the events that pretty much drove him to joining the group. I particularly liked the multiple forms of Revenge the seeker had on those who tried to erase him.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
cool
GrowlingTurtlez chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
Oh man, this is so sad! I totally understand SS's anger.
Seren Maris chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Great story!
Violetlight chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
I'm studying at University right now to earn a degree in English; I can't imagine how much work Starscream must have put into his scientific career, just to have it wrongly snatched away.

I would have reacted the same way he did.
Kelpie-La chapter 1 . 8/18/2007
I really enjoyed this story! It was well written, emotive and ultimately believable. I've often wondered what happened to Starscream between losing Skyfire and joining the Decepticon cause. We were never really allowed a deeper look into his character in the G1 cartoon, but there were tiny clues. You've taken them and come up with a story that just 'fits'. Well done and I shall check out more of your work!
Dark SpellMaster chapter 1 . 7/20/2007
I have to say this story is worth it's weight in staying up late to read it. I'll be sure to read more of your Transformers work. I watched the series when I was a young girl, and Starscream and Skyfire were my favorite characters outside of Bumblebee and Inferno. I always wondered what would have happened had the roles reversed. Or for that matter, what might have happened if Skyfire had come home safe. Would Starscream still be the way he was?
sonofwolf chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
oh they done pissed him off

that explains a lot, sometimes I feel so bad for Starscream
Shath chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
Lovely story, very believe. I love how you have Starscream & Skyfire together after all that happened. The injustice of what happened to poor Starscream, and his revenge... just brilliant!

I love stories with Starscream & Skyfire
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
Wow. This was excellent. It was wrenching to read about how Starscream was stripped of his degrees...and the bit about taking Helicon in Megatron's name gave me a chill. He exacted his revenge thoroughly...

Very well done.
Nuclear Chick chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
This was a good read :)
Cheshire Kat24 chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
Very, very, nice! Well written and moving!
D. Mischief chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
Wow I really like how you gave an alternative twist to the story behind scremmer and skyfire. I very much enjoyed the end when scremmer got his just revenge on the others. I applod it.
Jumper Prime chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
Although I love your DBZ stories(when're you gonna write another of those, anyway?) I don't usually read your Transformers stories, but maybe I should revise that policy, cuz this one was great. Back when I was a kid, I saw the G1 episode where Skyfire was introduced. The fact that Starscream used to be a scientist and any thought of why and how he went from scientist to cold-blooded Decepticon soldier never really made a dent in my pre-adolescent brain. I guess back then my still-developing intellect simply wrote it off as something like "was good guy, now bad guy."

Now that I'm older and more apt to think about character motivations, I think this is a very believable story of how Starscream went from the devoted scientist that was Skyfire's friend to a scheming Decepticon warrior who thinks nothing of killing anyone who gets in his way and isn't strong enough to fight him off.

I'll bet for a few thousand years after getting home, Starscream was torturing himself with the fact that running his tanks down to Bingo fuel searching uselessly for Skyfire was what ultimately doomed his friend. If he'd broken off the search with enough fuel left to get back to Cybertron at full burn, he might've been able to get a search party together and rescue Skyfire. Even if you're a robotic lifeform with a lifespan measuring millions of years, taking a hundred thousand years to get home to call for a search team is just plain stupid.