Reviews for A Gift From Within
Denalien chapter 24 . 7/26/2012
Good Lord this story made me cry in almost every chapter...
You have my congratulations, you are one of the VERY FEW people who were able to do that.
You made a good job with this, it was well written, well in-character. Eventhough it hurt me so much that Ai and Makoto died :/ I have a soft spot for little children, exspecially babies.

So i won't only favourite this story, but i'll give you to my favourite authors as well. You have potential that's for sure.(Potential to make me cry exspecially :'I ) I even had to use one of my used-away t-shirts for tissue porpuses! x,D

Anyway great job... simply... great job.
MastaofBitches chapter 24 . 7/7/2012
This... This has been terribly depressing, and I actually teared up a couple of times. It's honestly incredibly depressing, how despite his good intentions, every time Impmon's tried to do something good for someone, he's been punished for it, and for what? In the end, 170 people died, including his Tamers, and Juri only got Leomon back for a few days.

This is an incredibly well written tragedy, and has been a strangely enjoyable read despite it's overall sadness.
EmD23 chapter 24 . 3/23/2012
Reviewing this again after years to say that it's still amazing and I hope to see the end someday.
GothicCheshire chapter 24 . 2/15/2012
This has honestly been one of the best fanfics I have found in this section. Absolutely wonderful job and I honestly found myself near tears. I loved every moment of it. While I do wish that it was given more closure, I do understand that life gets in the way of such at times. I wish you and yours well and thank you for writing what you have.

Insanity Signing OFF!
Nonoka Komiya chapter 13 . 9/6/2010
This might be just a crazy idea,but I'd like to point three things out.

First,Chatsuramon is laughing at people inside the train. Next chapter,a vigil is built. But,there's no description of Chatsuramon actually killing the twins. So,did he kill the twins at all?

Second,we don't know where Calumon was at the time of the crash.

And third,as light of digivolution,Calumon may have the power to control other Digimon bodies.

Add those three to the fact that Calumon and Impmon are best friends,and what do you get? Bingo! Calumon used Chatsuramon's body to save patners of his best friend!

It might be just a crazy theory,but just might be true.
Millenium Ring chapter 24 . 6/27/2010
Okay, that was the best Digimon fanfic that I've read in years! I mean that from the bottom of my heart to the top of my weird-shaped head :D

I read your profile on here and I truly believe you hit the 'just-like-the-episodes' mark with this story. You fleshed out this piece with so many thoughts, emotions and detailed descriptions that I love you for it! It was a tremendous relief to read something worthwhile that pulled at my heart-strings - there were many points when I wanted to pull the characters out of this fic and hug them until they were happy again _

The first chapter that featured the recap of the D-Reaper battle - in B's point of view - actually had me remembering the days of Digimon and mentally shouting for the outcome to be different. Why couldn't Juri just take his blasted hand? Every time I watched that episode - it was on more than any other in UK - I kept willing for her to move, to take his hand, and to be safe.

So yes, I adored your story - is it finished yet, or will it continue? - and I look forward to anything else you may write for Impmon/Beelzebumon, Juri or Renamon.

~ Sammy
MoonlitInuko chapter 24 . 3/13/2010
It's a shame that it seems you won't be finishing this, especially when the last chapter feels like it has reached a height of suspense that desperately needs at least some measure of closure. But all the same, I'm glad I found this.

Digimon was a staple in my childhood, and even now I'm amazed at some of the most heart-wrenching, tragic, and touching stories I've ever seen in a childrens show. One such tale was Impmon's redemption. Just recently I decided to re-watch some of my favorite episodes, when I remembered that I'd grown quite attached to Impmon's intense devotion to Juri, and had been disappointed that their relationship had only really began to form at a point where it could barely be expanded upon, and I sought out some potential solace in fanfiction. But as another reviewer said, Digimon is one of those sections were it is difficult to find not only well-written fanfiction, but also ones on characters who weren't particularly "main" in the show due to the sheer number of characters Digimon has created. Your fanfic was the only well-written one that portrayed the potential relationship that could've formed with Juri and Impmon.

I loved the premise, and I loved that you built upon not only Impmon and Juri's relationship, but also Impmon and Leomon's relationship, and even payed attention to Impmon and Renamon's relationship that made its prominence known in the actual series. I was also grateful that you managed to give some decent attention to the other digidestined instead of giving them a paper-thin presence that tends to occur in other stories with many characters. Most of all I love your narrative and how heartwrenching it was. I remain angry and in shock that you killed off Ai and Mako since they were only children (HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!) but you portray emotions wonderfully and I could just play out the scene of Beelzemon's anguish and rage when he realized what had really happened to them in my head.

Part of me is still a tad uncertain with the decision for Leomon to revive Impmon in his place (mostly cuz' Leomon IS Juri's partner) but at the same time it makes for an interesting situation, and I do realize that perhaps it is less painful to lose someone in an act of selflessness than to watch someone die by another's hand.

I think my favorite part of this is the feelings that Impmon has for Juri, which I feel is akin to love in its purest form. There's just something so touching about how much he cares about her, and her about him. I think I had shivers run down my spine when she kissed him goodbye before he went back into the fray of battle. It's not boyfriend/girlfriend love, it's something less blatant and yet so much more powerful.

though chances are unlikely, I still would love to see how these two broken individuals will heal each other; Juri healing Impmon from guilt and Impmon healing Juri of loneliness. I'll admit that I sometimes felt too much was happening at once and too fast at first, but it mostly evened out in the end and well, this story is just to good to see in such an unfinished state.

excellent work.
Domenic chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Pretty sure this is my favorite Impmon-centric long-term, chaptered fic.

I love the relationship you have going between Impmon and Juri and Leomon.

Chatsuramon's villainous return was excellent, even if you suckerpunched me with...their death. ;O;

You just did a great job with Impmon, my favorite Digimon character, so thanks a lot. :D
Azure Neko chapter 24 . 6/29/2009
*Sniff* So sad. Ai and Makoto shouldn't die! Not ever!
Nook Sundry chapter 24 . 6/19/2009
Phew, finally got the time to finish this fic! ;

Okay ... I'm not really a great reviewer, but I had to leave a comment for this story. Impmon/Beelzebumon and Juri have such an interesting dynamic set up by the end of the series and it's a huge pity so few seem inclined to explore it in fic. I'm so glad you took up the initiative; from what I've read here you're a highly capable and intelligent writer and you've done these characters real justice. Incomplete or not, this story was an absolute joy to read. No word of a lie. :)
Megan The Vampire Slayer chapter 11 . 11/18/2008
Ok, there's like, what, ONE CHAPTER LEFT?

Please end our suffering and just end the story so we know what happens already!

27's Fury chapter 24 . 10/23/2008
Megan The Vampire Slayer chapter 24 . 8/5/2008
You need to finish the last chapter. I mean, there's only one chapter left, right? ONE! PLEASE FINISH THIS!
Shiinma chapter 24 . 7/14/2008
Long search finally brought effects. Beautiful and sad story and -most important- it's very well written. Sadly many Impmon/Beelzemon centred stories around the net are created by people with little writing experience but anywas:

I really feel bad about Leomon. He was back from the dead for only a couple of days, but has shown true lion heart when giving his life for someone Beel. I must admit that their 'conflict' was a bid weird in therms that well.. I guess it ended too quickly for my liking, but at the other times desperate times call for desperate measures, there couldn't spare time for hate and distrust and grudges.

And I like how you actually describe love. It always annoyed me how love between Digimon and human was described as it happens between humans (sorry, but digimon x human couples are too weird for me). You actually presented a feeling more deep than that, something that, I guess, must exist by true DigiDestined and their digimon partners, like it was from beginning their destiny to come together.

Still.. waiting for more ) chapter 24 . 5/4/2008

Noes! I do hope that you'll update when you have the time. I'm definitely hooked on this story and I am so completely giddy to have found a well written piece of fiction that finally expands on the messed up dynamic between two of my favorite favoritest characters.

Though I must admit that I am a bit cranky about Ai and Mako _O

Oh, but I do seriously hope that you'll finish this eventually :D