Reviews for A Million Miles Away
behardcore chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
pia! i can't read it! it burns my eyes.. my eyes! ah! hahahahaha! :)) okay that's a review already. :))
Gwinna chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
You did a great job creating a mood here. And I really like the style - it's almost poetic, and that's one of my favorite kinds to read. I don't mind the unusual punctuation; I think it works. And your ideas about Regulus make sense to me. So I've enjoyed reading all your stories about Regulus which you posted today. You did a great job on all of them.
theturtlemoves chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
This was wonderful. I like this very much. And I agree with you about the points you made in your author's notes. I personally don't think anyone paid much attention to dear Reggie (I love him so) since his older bro is definitely one to hog the limelight. Therefore, no one really noticed how smart he was. I tend to think of him as even cleverer than Sirius, simply because he is more inclined (in my opinion) to make rational decisions.

About your style in this fic: I haven't read White Oleander (I know, feel free to roll your eyes at me, I really should read it) so I'm not sure how close your style is here. However I'm not a fan of the long paragraphs - I felt that those could have been broken up a little, just to make it easier on my eyes. The italicised text worked well in some places - even in places where I wouldn't have expected it to. It added a new element to the fic which was great. I'm not sure, though, about the punctuation in a lot of the italicised parts, unless it was an element of the style you were emulating, to remove punctuation in some places? In particular this bothered me: 'what have I gotten myself into is this what I really want when and where did everything go oh so wrong what is the point of all this how am I going to get out oh Merlin why' because I really feel that the questions should have question marks at the end, or be separated in some way. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but other times in the italicised text you have used question marks.

As I said, I liked your story very much and my only criticism is quite nit-picky really, because as much as I liked it I found it harder to read because of these things.

I'm going to shut up now.