Reviews for Rage
LionQueen chapter 2 . 7/12/2007
Again, very well written! I thoroughly enjoy the dialog. There was only once that I felt Eomer was just a tad out of character ...

“Lothiriel, please – do not leave! Eowyn will soon wed and be gone, and then I will be left here alone. I could not bear that! My…my thoughts consume me, and I fear this madness will take me if there is none at Meduseld to speak reason to me. There is no one who dares challenge the king but you! I know I have not listened to your counsel in the past, but I will try. I promise I will try!” Eomer told her fervently, his hands clasping hers in an unconsciously painful grip.

I can't see him begging, and I can't see him grabbing her hands. I can see him asking her to stay and in not so many words apologize for being so consummed by his thoughts, as he admitted. I could stomach something like this ...

“Lothiriel, please – do not leave! Forgive me for my thoughts thoughts consume me, and I fear this madness will take me if there is none at Meduseld who can speak reason. "

* Then have him turn and look wistfully out the window or something *

" Eowyn will soon wed and then I will be left here, alone. "

Turns back to her. " Please forgive the coldness of a bitter heart and remain. "

I dunno, something to that effect. Again, such a nice and smooth read. Everything is subtle and not rushed.
LionQueen chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
That was very well done! I can see Eomer in every word. I'll hafta read more!
Rachael chapter 3 . 6/15/2007
I love a bloody good tale I do, I felt all Rohan-ed up by this story, a nice welcome back to me old favorite Eomer shelf in the vast library of lolZ.

Yeah, beutifully written, you're better than I remember you being because I know Ive read some of your stuff before over the years, I truly liked this and I liked how you handled the characters.

Good work,

Rach
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 6/6/2007
A very nice resolution to this enjoyable story. Poor Eomer obviously had what we would call PTSD. Lothiriel is obviously the right person to help him heal.I enjoyed the glimpse of Aragorn at the end and his concern for his friend.
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 6/5/2007
Good for Lothiriel to advise Eomer when he could not walk away!She is a very wise woman. I feel sorry for the King is a victim of his own stubborness for Eowyn would understand as I am sure his friends who fought with him would.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
I wonder whatever is wrong with Eomer? Lothiriel is patient to have endured it for this long.I like your Eowyn.
Dreamzone chapter 3 . 5/29/2007
A very nice story! A bit too short for my liking, but I enjoyed reading it! Well done!
Artemis'Fury chapter 3 . 5/28/2007
great story! i thoroughly enjoyed it. very well written.
wondereye chapter 3 . 5/26/2007
How I loved this round about love story. It started

very small and grew and grew. This made sense that

Eomer would have many mental anguishes from

a war and so much responsibility so soon .
utsuri chapter 3 . 5/25/2007
A very fitting ending, I should think, with more than a broad wink at 'Beauty and the Beast.' It most definitely deserves an honored spot admist the stories sprung from that idea.
acacia59601 chapter 3 . 5/25/2007
Great story! I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Lialathuveril chapter 3 . 5/25/2007
I like how you have not completely turned him into a more cheerful man (which would be unrealistic in such a short time) and kept him in character, yet give a glimpse of a more carefree future. Also Aragorn's thoughts at the end were nice.

Lia
Lialathuveril chapter 2 . 5/25/2007
I got interrupted! Nice chapter to see them make some progress. And poor Eomer to be so troubled by the past... On to the next chapter now!

Lia
MBDTA chapter 3 . 5/25/2007
Oh so wonderful! I absolutely loved Aragorn's musings at the end! You never cease to amaze me, bringing all new elements to your hundred-and-something stories! Excellent!

The Editor of MBDTA
MookieMoodoo chapter 3 . 5/25/2007
Look at me reviewing twice. I know its like a miracle.

Great story and I must say not as fluffy as some of your others. (Don't get me wrong though I love the fluff too!) I really do like how you dealt with Eomer's post-traumatic stress. I think you did it in a very realistic way and I kind of liked that the romance was almost secondary to that. Great story. Can't wait to read more from you!
58 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »