Reviews for Smoke and Mirrors
AnotherGirlWithAStory chapter 1 . 1/23
I really like how logical all these facts were and how logical it was that they were about the characters they was about. It felt believable and everything felt really honest whether it was a happy fact or a sad fact. I also love the fact that you mixed it and that you either wrote a sad or a happy fact. While I think it's amazing that people can sometimes write something happy and then give it a sad twist I also really like the fact that you either made the fact really happy or really sad. I especially love the last facts about Peter even though they kind of broke my heart. Nicely done!
Charitable Millionaire chapter 1 . 1/2
This was awesome.
I loved how you mixed humour with some darker themes of the Marauders unique struggles and homelifes. I thought the parts about James and his hair and pretending he was a seeker to his parents were my favourites. I absolutely loved this and and again I love that you redeemed and gave depth to Pettigrew's character and showed a deeply flawed but good or at least human character. also that last line is awesome
thank you for sharing this great story ;)
RoboTitaness chapter 1 . 9/23/2015
Loved number seventeen!
SaintClaire chapter 1 . 1/5/2015
I am not quite sure that humour is your calling, or that this fic comes under the category of it. It's not bad, but a good half the facts are kind of depressing, especially the teddy bear one.
Callie Dornan chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
This is so beautiful and I'm not even sure that I can describe how I felt while reading it. Probably one of my favorites from all times.
Leaving and Left chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
That was amazing.
I'm sad now...
Ichiume chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Again, *wham*.

Somehow the one that hit me hardest was Peter's teddy bear.
I like this portrayal of Peter though. Another awesome fanfic (Tread softly by Dius Corvus) portrayed Peter as someone who craved approval, especially from Sirius, so much so that he lost his way.
Here, he does still crave approval from people, but he had a backbone, and he made his own decisions. Sure it still screws him over, but it makes him seem more real.

Love this piece!
shiny ruby chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I LOVE READING THESE THINGS TOO :)
VampireApple chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
19 and 20 hit the hardest. Really enjoyed reading.
Anna Rider chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
I love how you made all the former facts sound so sweet and fluffy and the last few ones have dark humor in them. Excellent work!
EggDupont chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
I thinks this is my favorite.
therentyoupay chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Beautiful. :( So terribly heart-breaking, but gorgeous all the same.
morallygreydesi chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
"It actually bothered him when James didn't react."

"Sirius couldn't actually remember ever hearing the words "I love you" being said to him."

"Remus secretly believed that Sirius was going to kill himself someday."

"Only he never actually told them the information. Which made him a pretty bad spy, and an even worse Gryffindor."

"James was laughing when he died."

Broke.