Reviews for Best Laid Plans
charmony chapter 12 . 7/24/2012
When I read this story the first time, I was in a near panic through most of it, hoping that everything would be alright, particularly as Inara has always been a favourite of mine. Reading it through a third time, knowing that there is happiness ahead, I was truly able to enjoy how subtly you wove the tale, and how well you handled the aftermath, not necessarily rushing her to a fully healed state, but truly keeping to the truth of how someone might begin to heal from such a horrible attack. I marveled again at your writing style and I am truly glad that you too, believe in the happy ending.
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 12 . 2/21/2012
The miscarriage of the last story added an extra edge of tragedy to Mal and River’s relationship- even if I felt that the outbreak angle was a bit superfluous-, but Inara’s abduction in this part of the series was definitely worth waiting for, giving the crew serious yet personal crisis on a scale that they can cope with rather than the larger-scale threat posed by the plague in the last story.

Plus, of course, your exploration of the aftermath was definitely effectively, clearly exploring everything that Inara’s going to have to go through to get back to what she was on a mental level even after the physical consequences of the attack have healed (Although you definitely described her injuries very effectively, I assure you; clearly causing her serious damage while at the same time not being anything that would result in her dying), counterbalanced rather effectively by Mal and Jayne’s disposal of Wing for what he had done to her.

Jayne’s subsequent injury seemed a bit abrupt- one too many serious injuries in a short amount of time, you know-, but I suppose life doesn’t always play fair and space that kind of damage out; in the end, it makes it more believable.

Thus, at least they had the wedding to lighten the mood afterwards; an excellent mood-lifter in the aftermath of such brutal treatment.

Keep up the great work!
Alexander Derpington chapter 12 . 6/1/2009
Another fine chapter of the saga. One nit to pick: there are typographical errors sprinkled about. But you've nailed the most important bits-plot and character development-so I am mollified.

You've broken the crew, and in doing so helped me understand the characters a bit better. Niska would be proud. ;) I'll have to see how they heal. Keep on dancing!
yesimadramaqueen chapter 12 . 1/31/2009
thank you for writing these! seriously. they rock ]
Dirt Rider 712 chapter 12 . 12/21/2008
Great fic! So, Jayne and Inara? That's an interesting pairing!

Dirt Rider
Boombaye1 chapter 8 . 10/12/2008
Don't worry, this is just a phase, you'll write Firefly again.

Write it now and I might actually bother to review.
Boombaye1 chapter 7 . 10/12/2008
Taping ribs...

Duct Tape ?

I didn't cave. I'm just writing reviews and attempting to persuade you to write.
Boombaye1 chapter 6 . 10/12/2008
Could you describe in vivid detail how Jayne killed Wing ?

You need to write. It is your calling ! Just like headshots are mine !
Boombaye1 chapter 5 . 10/12/2008
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

People are dying out there and you refuse to do the thing that can save them: write.
Boombaye1 chapter 4 . 10/11/2008
Hm, read this one too, the one with Atherton Wing.

Write. Do it. Do it !
Boombaye1 chapter 3 . 10/11/2008
Can't you feel the cries of your readers ?

That cavernous echo in your heart.

Fill it with the joy of writing !
Boombaye1 chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Gah ! Read this one too !

Where's a stupidly long story arc when you need it ?

*death glare*
librarywitch chapter 12 . 8/16/2008
Fantastic!
Fififelicity chapter 12 . 3/24/2008
This was a really interesting return to Inaras character and I'm intrigued by hints at Jayne/Inara. It's another pairing I would never have picked out and yet you make it work seamlessly, at least so far. A really lovely story once again, your very quickly getting me hooked. Incidentally, the final chapter of Whiplash was brilliant also!
Jayiin Mistaya chapter 12 . 8/26/2007
Good ending - even a cliffhanger. I liked the way River and Mal are starting to (seem to) heal, and I like the way that you're building this story up.

On to the next. No worries 'bout flooding my inbox. If you ever want to chat, my AIM name's the same as my penname.