Reviews for Morphic
VenomSky chapter 2 . 8/17
If I had been there at that table when the Misdreavus morph was mentioned, my hand would have shot up faster than Hermione on her first day in Potions class.
commit sudoku chapter 1 . 6/30
smash face in keyboard post results
Meeuh Kuntdik chapter 14 . 6/30
This does not expand my dong in the slightest.
Radiation King chapter 23 . 6/3
Shipping confirmed?
bookcoda chapter 23 . 4/18
mia is my favorite charactor.
Mai-danishgirl chapter 23 . 4/15
Whoa, well you weren't kidding when you said more depressing. Yet I can't help but to like this version, Mia is such an utterly fascination character, and all your Dave/Mia stuff is so great to read, now her death in the "canon" verse hurts even more.
Issac Daniels chapter 14 . 3/17
Mia

Pssshh... nothin' personnel, kid.
Mai-danishgirl chapter 22 . 2/13
Whoa, I had completely forgotten this fic. What a nice surprise waking up to.

Nice little play on the effect o sorrow and mourning, and good to see Gabriel beginning to let out some steam, perhaps with time he could learn to deal with it without accidentally burning something.
Farmer Kyle chapter 22 . 2/12
Wow, I'm surprised to see this updated. I actually forgot about this story, re-read it all, and loved it again. And teared up again at how it all ended up.

Once again, well done!

Good Luck in Life and Writing!
Farmer Kyle
Anonfox123 chapter 14 . 1/27
Dang man. I went into this knowing it would be a deconstruction (thank TvTropes for that) but I never thought a concept I liked so much would get so clinically and coldly dissected. (Yes, I like the idea of pokemorphs, even with all the BS mary-sue/gary-stu stories out there) Still a great read though.

Still, I do think you piled on a bit too much darkness, and even a deconstruction like this makes its own assumptions that can themselves be deconstructed. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm busy with classes and other important life things, I have half a mind to start writing a reconstruction. Either a continuation or an AU, I dunno what.
Mia chapter 14 . 10/16/2014
You killed Mia. Fuck you. That is all.
HighTreason25 chapter 21 . 8/31/2014
This fic was well written, and really took on the realistic challenge of exploring what a human-pokemon hybrid would have to deal with. That being said, this was one of the strangest fics I've ever read. Especially the Dave and Mia extras.

Mia was awesome.
Rayray3585 chapter 14 . 6/21/2014
good story. i enjoy how dark you get at time. don't like the ending wish there was more.
Tangelo chapter 21 . 1/8/2014
I don't think Mia is someone who I'd want in my day to day life. But, that being said, she is aboslutely fucking fascinating.
Arvarno chapter 6 . 10/24/2013
I like this so far. You're a good writer and there's nothing to complain about writing-wise. I also like that this seems quite well thought-out: things aren't awesome, there's controversy, it makes life difficult. I also really like that you've thought of more changes than plain physical ones. Lots of people just stick ears and tail on a human, and leave it at that.

There is one beef I have with this and it's that it doesn't seem Pokemon-ish enough.

It is apparently set in the Pokemon world. Pokemon apparently exist as well as Team Rocket. But it doesn't feel right. The everpresent pokemon seem missing so far, and a world that has no problem with 10 year olds wandering around and battling with creatures much more dangerous than the morphs seems not to exist. The effective setting seems to be somewhere in the US without any pokemon, and that's weird.

The existence of what seems to be Christianity is also odd. Religion, and especally Christianity as such doesn't seem to exist in pokemon. It's also extremely minoritary in Japan, which has very different religious beliefs. Not that I think they'd like it much more, but I think the reaction in that culture would be quite different.

This is what I'd say is the main problem so far. The setting is extremely unclear and it's not explained. People react very oddly for a world that's full of pokemon and where everybody has to constantly deal with them, and somehow not die.

Other than that, it's very readable and well written, though I get the feeling this is not going to end well.