Reviews for Morphic
Radio Free Death chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
A pokémorph deconstruction story? Interesting!

My knowledge of morphs is probably not as extensive as most. Not much of a reader of those kids of stories, but I've heard...and most of it is pretty negative. I think your idea about the poke bits being a hindrance than a help (or a cute accessory like having just furry fox ears and a tail) is so simplistic and realistic...but of course nobody wants that.

So onto the story!

Edwards is shaping up to be a pretty realistic character. He's bothered by his appearance and is nervous about being interviewed (or interrogated as it seems).

[ We're just going to watch them grow for a week or two to see how they're developing and then destroy them. There will be no 'freak children' or 'Pokémorph minority'. It's no big deal. End of discussion."]

Hmm, wouldn't they just destroy them off the bat? I mean, the argument there was that if it was possible, not 'let's see what they do and then destroy them'. Then again, if they did that, there'd be no story but...

The argument about abortion is a bit muddled. I think the argument should've been more about 'are we treadin' on GODS DOMAIN' or something to that equivalent, and also 'will these man-made things try to kill us'? I mean, it's not that the morphs will be bullied in school so much as they don't resemble people and it's beyond uncanny valley.

I think the whole argument that the scientists should raise the fetuses because they created them is a bit flimsy.

Overall, it's a very well-written story that's aware of its own premise, but is a bit stiff when it tries to be serious.

Still, good job :D
Natalie-Louise.K chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I read the entire thing, and have only one thing to say.
I am freaking in love with this.
My favorite part was when Lucy found that Mia died, I'm not sure why, it just is, Lucy has also been my favorite character, though Gabriel was a close second.
If you DO write a sequel I will read it no matter what, though what you could come up with for the sequel I don't know. (And the April fools thing doesn't count as a sequel)
-Rikki Shout (A girl who loves Morphic)
Farmer Kyle chapter 16 . 12/10/2012
Well, this has all been certainly interesting. I've read plenty of stories with Pokemorphs/Pokegirls, but this has been one of the most enjoyable to read yet. I liked all the characters, all the quirks and problems, and I can't say that the ending was bad. Sad? Most definitely. But sad endings are a rare breed, and should be enjoyed. I'm also enjoying these Dave and Mia discussions.

Good Luck in Life and Writing!
Farmer Kyle
andrewia chapter 14 . 10/26/2012
(Spoilers ahead!) This is an awesome story. I appreciate a tragedy that makes this stand out.
Guest chapter 21 . 9/27/2012
Nice.
themagebear chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Meh.
DamionKenley117 chapter 2 . 3/4/2012
Oh, I like this part. They guy in charge had better learn something from this whole mess.
DamionKenley117 chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Well, this is interesting. Definitely an interesting idea. I think i'll have to continue on...and so far, not too much of a squick factor for me.
GC chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
Actually, this is the best tragedy pokemon fanfic I've ever read, and I've read a lot of fanfics. Don't give up on it!(although it might have been better to put the characters in jail/kidnapped/seriously wounded etc. and not kill some of them off, so that more content and plot can be added in. You remind me of a certain writer called Jax Malcolm, who's also pessimistic, underrates their work and spends a lot of time on the internet.:) Don't think that your work is complete crap, unless others think it's complete crap too. Keep writing!
Gazing on the Arabesque chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Wow. This is amazing. I just love the whole concept of it. I've never been terribly fond of the whole Pokemorph thing, but I love how you applied that concept to real life. I only wish that this were a longer fic so that readers could get to know the characters a little better. It kind of seemed like you were trying to squish lots and lots of characters into a tiny fic, and that made all characters aside from Dave and the Pokemorphs rather flat. Even with the Pokemorphs, I had trouble relating with them. Maybe it was just because they were technically a different species, but you could have lengthened the fic and fully fleshed out all of their characters, not just Jack, Gabriel and Katherine; I would have loved to learn more about Lucy and Jean (especially Lucy; you mentioned she was nocturnal, and, considering that she is mentally the youngest, how does she blend into society?).

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm bashing this. I'm really not. I really enjoyed reading this. I'm just trying to offer some advice for future fics :)

All in all, great job!
MaddenWars chapter 21 . 9/5/2011
dang I was hoping for another conversation
GoldenDragon326 chapter 21 . 9/5/2011
Hahahahahahaha! Good going there, Dave. .
experimentalDeity chapter 21 . 9/5/2011
XD Funny!
GoldenDragon326 chapter 20 . 9/5/2011
Hehe, hotdogs. . These chapters are always funny and really interesting. .
Foxyjosh chapter 20 . 9/5/2011
I'd like to hear more about Jean. She is still my favorite.
192 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »