Reviews for Morphic
The Final Lament chapter 20 . 9/4/2011
Good chapter, one minor point, you keep mixing up psychopath and sociopath.

Mia is not a psychopath from your description but instead a sociopath. A psychopath is highly inclined towards impulsive behaviour and is generally considered more capable of emotional attatchment whilst a sociopath tends to view the people around them in much the same manner as inanimate objects.
Foxyjosh chapter 19 . 9/4/2011
Another brilliant chapter. I like these little one offs.
Niesse chapter 14 . 7/30/2011
Serious review time.

I really liked this story. It's definitely in my top ten Pokemon fics, maybe top ten fanfics in general. All the main characters were distinctive and consistent, even when we were seeing different peoples' different opinions of them. Well done.

The Angry Fundies are a bit of a cliche as villains, but you handle them well and there's not really anyone else that can fill their role. Concerned Parents, the other obvious choice, wouldn't go so far.

The only thing I really didn't like was the way it was treated as a matter of course that the Pokemorphs adoptive mothers would breastfeed them. Plenty of women don't breastfeed their natural babies, and plenty of women would be uncomfortable with breastfeeding a child that wasn't biologically theirs or with the hormone therapy to start lactating. As I recall, only Jane ever brings it up, and it's way after the fact and just as part of her long string of grievances.

I wouldn't object so much if it weren't a plot point, when it doesn't need to be. Having Brian be single is enough of a reason to have everyone quietly assume he won't be adopting one of the 'morphs, and for him to be the only one without one when Dave foists Gabriel on him - but not enough of a reason for him to refuse.

Sorry about the speech that turned into. It hit one of my buttons is all.

Also hitting one of my buttons: the Sarah Hooter books. I love it. I love the thought of what sort of fiction exists in a (fan)fictional setting, and I love that in this case it's Pokemorph books. (It makes sense, you know, that they'd have their speculative fiction just like they are ours.)

9/10. Admirable. Congratulations. You are skilled.
Niesse chapter 7 . 7/30/2011
As an atheist myself, I absolutely adored Dave's reaction to thinking he was in the afterlife. I think I would have this reaction.
glaceon girl chapter 18 . 7/2/2011
... Seriously? I love this story so FRIGGEEEENN much. Just perfect. My only regret is that its done. I loooove it! I miiss Brian and Mia and Will tho :( but, this has to be in the top 10 best pokemon story's in the whole of fanfiction. Great job!(:
Kon chapter 14 . 4/20/2011
Fuck, that was brilliant. I was crying by the end of it. I seriously wasn't expecting them to actually DIE, and the aftermath was just... amazing.

This fic should go down in history. Pokémorph fics are ten to the penny these days, but this, this is THE Pokémorph fic. This is perfection.

I love you.
Karg42 chapter 18 . 4/2/2011
You've got to admire those stories where you manage to hate just about every single charater with more than two lines dedicated to them. Some of the kids were okay for the most part, but I spent half the time I was reading this hoping that this would end with a Kill 'Em All finale. I can't help but wonder if that makes me a bad person or not. All in all, Reality Happens. Hat's off to you.
Spontaneite chapter 14 . 2/25/2011
Well, on my second read of your story (and after reading those thoroughly enjoyable extras) I would like to again congratulate you on what is clearly the best pokemorph fanfiction around. As for the rewrite, my first instinct is to say it sure as he'll doesn't need one. However, as the author, if you think it could be better then it probably could, and as that idea is rather attractive, I say go ahead, if you feel like it. Though I'd ask you to publish it separately, in case readers end up preferring the first version.

I have to say I love Mia, despite her socipathic tendencies. She and her sister are probably my favourites, along with Gabriel, who is just plain awesome. I admire your ability to sacrifice the lives of your beloved characters for the story...and good, well-rounded characters they were.

Thanks for writing,

-Darktayle
Promestein chapter 14 . 2/23/2011
*Sob*

Thanks for killing Mia. That makes everything just perfect. Now I can't stop thinking about this story.

Otherwise it's awesome. Everything is awesome. Good job, I hope you do make a sequel!
GoldenDragon326 chapter 18 . 2/19/2011
Heh. I love Mia and Lucy moments. Those two are great.

You like writing about Mia and Dave, don't you?

See ya. .
experimentalDeity chapter 18 . 2/19/2011
A pretty good chap!

May Mesprit :) upon you,

-Novanto
Xoroth chapter 17 . 2/18/2011
Once again an interesting anecdote.
Xoroth chapter 16 . 2/17/2011
Once again an interesting piece.
The Final Lament chapter 16 . 2/17/2011
Got to say Mia has always been my favourite character.
GoldenDragon326 chapter 16 . 2/17/2011
Aahh, politics. I find it interesting when people debate.

Doesn't have to be politics, just something where you really have to think to come up with a good answer.

Still a good chapter, though. .

See ya. .