Reviews for Morphic
Stolloss chapter 12 . 4/11/2010
I have to admit, when I read the summary, I was thinking you wrote this for the laughs. I mean, it sounds like the setup to a joke. Thank you for completely demolishing that expectation, midway through the first chapter.

You did an excellent job of creating personalities for each character, and especially mixing the human tendencies and social norms with pokemon instincts and reactions. Human reaction is well done as well, though I do have some irks with religion being the only stated cause for the morphs being ostracized. I know the bad guys are the fundamentalists, so that point needed to be stressed, but there are other reasons for people to avoid or harass them.
Ghent Johanson chapter 12 . 3/12/2010
When I read the description of this story this was not what I was expecting. I have read an insane amount of fanfiction and a lot of the pokemon stories tend to be rather skewed and cartoony sounding. Yours was a refreshing change in how real and down to earth it was. All in all it was a wonderful read and I look forward to seeing how it all works out. Keep up the good work.
aly poke fan chapter 12 . 3/5/2010
very good story!whens next update?
Foxyjosh chapter 12 . 1/24/2010
Jihad on the religious nuts. I like it. Maybe they can go around and torch their other buildings too.
elenchus-m chapter 12 . 1/23/2010
I greatly like this chapter. Please update soon!
Xoroth chapter 12 . 1/23/2010
Once again a well written chapter. Hopefully the rescue turns out okay.
elenchus-m chapter 11 . 1/5/2010
I greatly like this story. I request that you return to it and make more frequent updates.
Badwolfwho chapter 11 . 12/21/2009
I really like this story, so I hope you update again.
Shadow Wasserson chapter 11 . 11/28/2009
You know what? I usually don't like Pokemorph stories. I think they're stupid.

But this. is. so. good! The characters are fleshed out, the world feels 'real,' the writing style is clear... excellent work!

Please update again soon!

-SW
Red One1223 chapter 11 . 9/22/2009
DUM DUM DUM! Hostage situations...really can't say I saw that coming...but I'm glad this is being updated and also glad that it's going somewhere...I hope. XP Update soon!
Serpent Magick chapter 11 . 9/14/2009
...wow. I must say, I love reading the characters; they all have such different thought processes, it amuses me greatly. Mia is my favorite by far, though...I couldn't tell you why, exactly, but she is~

I'm definatly looking forward to what happens to Gabriel! His angst-ridden self is growing on me~
Dragoon Hurricane chapter 11 . 9/10/2009
I've been thinking for a bit after I finished all 11 chapters in one sitting, and concluded that you've just found yourself a human male version of Mia. Minus the blades, and the meat presents.

Great story, it's a wonderful read, and hope that you can keep this stuff up.

To the others who reviewed and told Dragonfree to hurry: Writing takes time, it can't be sped up, nor slowed down. It just happens, so stop trying to hurry something that could go downhill just as easily as it could get better. (I am anticipating the next chapter as much as you guys, but please have some patience.)
Dr. Drake chapter 11 . 8/26/2009
Wow...thats all i can say. I am aloss for adeiquate words to describe my feelings.(adds to favorites)
Steben chapter 11 . 8/25/2009
Odd, usually I review what I read...

My only major criticism I have with the fic is the number of characters, or perhaps the effectiveness of them being introduced. In total there were about 11, right? (It changes perspective so often, the fact the morphs change houses don't help either)

Minor things could just be word choice. Adjectives don't always make a sentence more effective, at least not in story writing. (Adjectives tend to support passive, rather than active writing)

The pokemorph genre is an odd one. There aren't too many decent fics. I'll give you points for originality. Religious nutcases are the type of character you just love to hate.

As a note try to make their actions more of a reason to hate them, instead of allowing yourself to slam them from a narrator's perspective. If you want to slam them as a narrator, try writing in first person.

Again, usually I review what I read. When I first found , this was one of the first fics I read. Sorry for the ignorance.
Twilix01 chapter 11 . 8/25/2009
omg, a pokemorphnapping (or whatever you wanna call it), this should e interesting
192 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »