Reviews for Awakenings: SG1
VooDoo Lily chapter 6 . 5/12/2010
I found "Cravings" while looking for Cam/Vala fics and started reading that before going to this one. Having read a few CV fics before yours, I really enjoyed this one and its sequel for being so well-written. For someone who claimed to not be very familiar with Mitchell and Vala, I think you did a fantastic job with their characterizations. This felt very believable to me in terms of the emotion and the characters.
nonhalema chapter 6 . 12/3/2007
Wonderful work
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 6 . 10/5/2007
absolutely loved the ending and that you ended it this way.

I have to say this was the most realistic description of a man finding out he's going to be a father I've ever read in fics. fantastic job!

I also loved his resolution to take care of her for the rest of his life and that Vala wants to be taken care of by him, I've always been a sucker for endings in which the couple declares or is in a clear public long-term relationship (either married, engaged or having kids).

Cam is soo much better for Vala than Dr Ego-on-legs Jackson ever could be, was always in tune with her feelings, emotions and thoughts, while Jackson just dismissed her as a crackpot, insulted her, hurt her, pushed her away.

Would most definitely love to read that fic about their kids and wouldn't be averse to read a sequel of this one that would be about her pregnancy. It would no doubt be interesting and definitely not boring. Could you perhaps include some Jackson jealousy when he finds out about them?
wej chapter 6 . 10/4/2007
I love it, Thank you Child of Loki for writing it and thank you

VisualIDentificationZeta for the influence. An ending I was so hoping for. I think Cam is more the match for Vala than Daniel. Cam is more in tune to Vala than Daniel will ever be

Also looking forward to what you are writing/thinking about their children.
acer-sigma chapter 6 . 10/4/2007
Good chapter. Loved all the emotions running through it. Nice way to end the story off.
J.Stone chapter 6 . 10/4/2007
Loved it. I was sorry to see it end here, but it was a fun ride. Thank you.

John Stone
wej chapter 5 . 9/29/2007
fun chapter till the end, sounds ominous.(this is meant in a good way) looking forward to the next chapter
madaboutdanny chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
I don't like Cam and Vala, they are so wrong together, plus I don't think Vala is so "easy"! However It's your story and your point of view, but next time don't put Daniel/Vala in the summary, since there is no Daniel Vala in this.
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 5 . 9/29/2007
Well, I hope that you WILL end this with Cam and Vala as a real couple in a romantic relationship, even if Cam is trying to resist it.

As for Daniel... I wholeheartedly agree! That guy handled artefacts as if he was handling an elephant. Had he ever heard of brushes, protecting artefacts from environment and damages during transport, and so on? As someone who is studying History I've started to avoid those scenes with Mr Ego-on-legs because I'm just cringing non-stop. And the way he only ever finds writings that are so very important and will help them in war, never any of the writings that are mostly found... saying that it's unrealistic is putting it lightly.

I really think you should write that fic with a real archeologist coming in.

I also agree that there are probably very few archeologists at the SGC and even more agree about the reason for this. DAniel is such a megalomanic, self-absorbed and egotistic jerk that he wouldn't want anyone else trumping on his territory.

Loved this part, please update soon!
acer-sigma chapter 5 . 9/28/2007
Interesting thoughts from Cam, hope to see one from Vala's perspective. And really Cam not wanting his life to be complicated. This is the same man who not only wanted to get on an SG team but on SG-1 itself. Let's face it simple is not in his future.
wej chapter 4 . 9/24/2007
Great chapter, the more CV the better, I think they fit better than DV ever will. Loved your ElizabethJohn and JackSam
MKRG chapter 4 . 9/15/2007
That was hilarious! :)
J.Stone chapter 4 . 9/14/2007
I like this very much. Being a Can/Vala fan, I'd prefer it without the Jackson drama, but the characters are done very well.

Thank you.

Added all Lists.

John Stone
acer-sigma chapter 4 . 9/5/2007
Nice chapter. Good job on the air of tension that permeated the breakfast. Not to mention poor Cam and his denile. Nice job on Daniel's jealousy, though really it is his own fault for constantly turning Vala a way, so really he has no right to be jealous. As for the dress turning up where it did, I guess that just means that they were being really passionate that night.

Can't wait to see what else happens.
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 4 . 9/5/2007
great job describing the tension. hm, is there a chance for C&V to get a little souvenir of their night together 9 months later? drunken sex and responsible behaviour (using protection or birth control) don't exactly go hand in hand.