Reviews for Silent Comfort
7 League Boots chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Achingly bittersweet capture. Love their subtle reaching and connecting to each other's pain, and healing the other at the same time. Beautiful depiction of unstated emotions. Thanks for sharing.
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Liked how Jack comforted Sam as much as she did him. Good story.
Gen Varel chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
This is just such a bittersweet situation, perfect angst. And you write it so well!
Cole J chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
What a beautifully written glimpse into the guilt Sam surely felt and Jack's offering of absolution. Your voices and described gestures were perfect! Another good one!
katejones2005 chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
great job!
gater62 chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
Wow-that was excellent!
stusue chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
This was a beautifully written, short fic, showing a glimpse into one moment between Sam and Jack, but a very intimate and quiet moment. However, emotions were swirling underneath the surface.

I loved the way you used just a simple word or two to create whole images ... for example, "the gentle rhythm of life that fluttered against the icy white sheets" ... "fluttered" gave me the impression of someone barely holding on to life, but was fighting to live, while when I got to "icy" I had the impression of cold, heartless death, thus, to Sam, Jack looked barely alive, adding to her guilt. Great short fic! :o)
dp chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Wonderful. Very moving.
pain in the mikta chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Very nice and sweet one, Maggie! :-)