Reviews for And All the World to Nothing
TadPole11 chapter 1 . 4/11
Wonderful, beautiful, brilliant. What I think I like best about how the first season ended(and really, the second one (and the third one too, if you think about it) is that it's not only about unconditional love, but that love is featured in the Petrelli brothers each time. Charles Deveaux does say it is unconditional love that will save the world. It's just that I think most viewers expected it to be Peter making the ultimate sacrifice. It's nice to have it confirmed that Nathan does love his brother unconditionally. It's also nice to have it confirmed again that it goes both ways, from Peter to Nathan as well. I just love them so much, thank you for this story!
catgirl789 chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
OMG This is what I pictured happening to Peter and Nathan (I couldn't stand the thought of Peter losing his brother when he could've been shot then gone to Nevada or somewhere to explode).
Lisette chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Ah... that is a nice bit of brotherly fluff. To be honest, I was a bit thrown by the season finale. Everything up to the last few minutes was great, but when Nathan showed up... it didn't make sense. Why didn't Peter just fly himself up to the atmosphere. He has his brother's power now, thus there was no need for Nathan's sacrifice - though it was nice to see Nathan finally chose the right side. The other question is - I doubt Nathan would have survived either way. Peter was going nuclear, and from past experience, it would seem that the heat and radiation would start leaking from the moment that the burn-out began. That's why they needed Claire to finish him off - she was the only one who could get close enough to him. With Nathan - I think Nathan was dead the moment he hugged his brother close to him. Thus, the tragedy took place from the moment that he pulled him close - the dying, the burning, the pain had to begin from the very moment he hugged his brother close and flew into the air. The heroic part would be ampliphied by Nathan flying as high as he could, despite the agony, before he died and Peter blew.

*shrugs*

Amazing how many view points you can garner from watching the same two minutes, right?

Well done!
Sepik chapter 1 . 5/28/2007
Aw! I liked it. It sounded REALLY in character, too.
IMTheresa chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
As weird as it is for you to post in another fandom is about how weird it was for me to read you in another fandom, LOL. Despite Nathan coming back to help Peter, I still haven't warmed up to him... but your story did them both justice and maybe my feelings about Nathan are my own issue. I just can't get enough of the brother thing, no matter the show!
TudorQueen chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
Beautiful. Not much to say beyond that. I love that you have a good vocabulary - you know how to use words like 'synapse' - but you don't belabor it or use it to hit the reader over the head. I'll be looking for your other stories now, because I think you're worth reading.
lupin and black chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
Hell-0

Thanx for that becuz it felt so right and the line

It's not strength the world needs, and it's not just hope. It's both and more. It's sacrifice and love.

is perfect becuz Nathan and Peter do make the perfect balance.

Peace
Ikia chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
awesome fic
corrupted-innocent chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
EXACTLY what i wanted to happen at the end. exactly.

*weeps*
citty132 chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
that was so beutiful

i think im going to cry

p.s. peter would have died if clair shot him

he would go brain died
DreamShadows chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
Aww... that was so good, I am so glad you decided to write in the Heroes fandom... Just drawn to brotherly love, I take it?

But anyway, very well done, I look forward to what you write next...

Take care

OSS

BTW, -"You know I'll always catch you," Nathan says. Peter can feel the brush of his brother's lips against his ear. "Always."- YAY! That was so brotherly Squee!
angry penguin chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Beautiful. I'm sure it's not the end for the brothers though.
FacetiousDruid chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Oh wow, that was great. I love how broken peter sounds.
Backroads chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Lovely! I know there are a lot of fics dealing with this situation, but this one is one of the very best. It's very personal and it tells such a deeply faceted tale in such a short story. That's difficult to do well. You took me through so many emotions in this story. I admit, the angst scared me, but you did very well with that. I was afraid that the "happy" ending would be cheesy, but you let the emotion arc out just perfectly. Another thing that is difficult to do. The description was wonderful, edgy, and so full of heart. You really captured that moment for me.