Reviews for Family Ways
Always an Angel chapter 1 . 1/30/2009
That was so heart breaking and beautifully written. Well done. :)
LunaSeasMoonChild chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
I can feel the angst of this piece... I loved how you constructed the aftermath of the explosion. You managed to capture Peter's despair perfectly. Your writing style is amazing, i loved the flow of events: Peter staying with the Bennets, Mama Petrelli's appearance... There's also angst on Claire's part, it added that most of the story is much more of an insight into her thinking. Really, the angst wrenched my heart. What captured me the most was "he[Peter] never looks up at the sky" phrase. It's like it's a hinting of his denial or inability to accept his brother's death. Aw... I so loved that, especially the end when he is about to cry, finally looking up at the sky.

I look forward to your future Peter&Nathan fics... (if ever you plan on writing more, which I hope...)
Jaye Black chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Ohmigosh. Beautiful. I love it. :)

I love how you portrayed the characters...I can really see something like this happening when Peter returns. Brilliant job.

Def going on my faves list.

jaye
brodie-wan chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
**speechless**

This fic is rich in character and atmosphere. You can definitely feel the pall of Nathan's death hanging over then entire story. But you characterization of Claire and Peter are spot on. I can see Peter shutting down in wake of losing Nathan. The two almost had a symbiotic relationship. Nathan needed Peter's goodness and moral center, and Peter needed Nathan's confidence.

"Peter looks at her, takes the photograph, and she thinks she can see it; a ripple going through him, as if he’s not really there but a hologram projected from somewhere. For a moment, she’s afraid he’s going to go invisible on her. Instead, he takes a deep breath. There are tears in his eyes, the tears that the explosion had seemingly burned out of him, and he falls on his knees on the earth he has just cut into far too fiercely, but finally, for the first time since she found him, he looks up to the sky."

You build Peter's silence and lack of abilities side by side with Claire's mixture of compassion and frustration. As a result, the ending just made me shake my head in awe. You are talented.
speedfanatic05 chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Now that was excellent writing! The feeling, the hurt, distraught...all of it was palable! This was wonderful to read, and yet, I found myself upset because this was all. I really wanted to read more, and that is a true test of a writer. Simply oustanding work!
pokey chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
Wonderful, next season I totally want Peter to live with Claire's family. They are just the right mix of nice and weird, they will be able to take care of him.
TudorQueen chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
This is a lovely beginning and I'm eager to read more. You really capture the characters and I'm happy to note that you actually write well - poor writing, including impossible spelling and grammar, has turned me away from some otherwise promising stories.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this. Glad you noted that Nathan may not actually be dead. Make sure you handle his reentry into the story carefully as that will be a pivotal moment for the reader.
hio chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
very good

God bless you and keep writing
Rotem chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
aw that was perfect and really really good and amazingly well written :) write more

-Rotem
vixen chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
Oh, such beautiful angst. Bravo!
Backroads chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
Truly a beautiful piece. And, to be honest, I was a little stubborn with it. During the first couple of paragraphs I was thinking that you really needed to stretch this out. But then I fell into the pace and was blown away. Great POV from Claire, and I like how you kept her with a variety of almost-contradicting thoughts. It was subtle and realistic and very much Claire. It was interesting, though, how much of this story focused on Peter. Great aspect was Claire not knowing just what Peter was thinking. Very cathartic. Well-done!
thunderyoshi chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
This is so cool! I love a good angsty story!

I'm also in the 'Nathan is alive' camp :P

Well I'm in denial about a lot of things, but I know he's alive! Love the story!
GreenLeoFiend chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
Great story! As much as I really want to villianize Angela, and there is definitely quite a bit of evidence to consider this, I really cannot. She did love her boys. I think perhaps in her own delutional mind she thought by allowing Peter to blow up, Nathan would not die and Nathan would get to be president one day. Like Hiro, I doubt Angela realizes that five years from now Nathan would have died anyway and Sylar would be the one in the Whitehouse. She thought Claire prevented Peter from dying, and this way she was able to "save Nathan too." Hmm...now I want to write. Great job!
angry penguin chapter 1 . 5/24/2007