Reviews for Obsession
Alachai chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
This was knocked out of the park! What a beautiful job!

Ciya chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
Wow. Just wow. Kinda feel sorry for that female vampire. She was nice to Sammy but in the end you knew she would either kill him herself or let her 'family' do it.

Damn, I think this story is going to haunt me for a bit.
Vechababe chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
I felt that this deserved another review and I just wanted to say that I thought it was brilliant. At times difficult to read, sure, but it was never short of amazing. AU or not, I believed every single word.

I'm sorry that this isn't very in depth: I can't seem think of anything constructive to write but I hope you appreciate it regardless!
Carikube chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
I read the story this morning, made myself late for work because I thought I’d check the site for a quick read and I found this and… well, I missed my train, and then the one after that as well. With the third train looking mighty uncertain (and an image of my not so happy boss in my mind’s eye), I had no choice but to cut and run without leaving a review. So now I’m back, and I hope that I can do this justice.

For me this is a story of regret, a life lost. Saddest, for me, is the fact that this girl, who even with the evil coursing through her veins, showed compassion and restraint. She gave Sam a chance, and she recognized what she had lost and what he would lose if she didn’t help him. But she was far from being a noble character. The darkness within her made it impossible for her to resist feeding from him, and it is questionable as to whether her motive for keeping him alive is purely unselfish. However, that she possessed the will to not turn him, even though she clearly had a strong desire to do that very thing, was what made me wish for an end to her suffering. Her death was the kindest outcome. Though I could not help but compare her fate to Sam’s – their similar dreams, their sensitivity, their compassion. How could Sam not relate, how could he not feel a connection. For good or bad, this connection keeps him alive. I fear it will haunt him though, and give him yet another reason to fear his dark path.

Having the whole story told from Sam’s POV is a powerful technique. I experience his pain, his helplessness, his wish for his brother, and, saddest of all, his descent into despair.

The vampires keeping Sam as a delectable treat, feeding off him but not killing him when it's so evident that they kill their victims quickly, is both encouraging and heart-breaking. And this line broke my already aching heart.

** He never thought the title he was so proud of would be the source of his continuous torture.

How universal this is. How true that the very thing that sets us apart, that makes us unique, can be the thing that brings us the most pain. The introspection that led to this realization was beautifully crafted. In fact, the whole piece was, so I’m not doing it justice by just picking out these few things.

That Sam was chosen and stalked also adds strength to an already finely crafted story. All bad guys (supernatural or not) have motive, and this revelation made me wonder whether it was just Sam’s special psychically sweet blood that kept him alive. What they do to him at the end convinces me that these vamps gained dual pleasure: the chance to make him suffer for the sake of revenge, and to enjoy the taste of his blood.

As for the reference to Stockholm Syndrome, I can see the similarity, however for me the nameless girl was as much a victim as he was, though her horror had progressed further. I didn’t see her as his tormentor, rather an apathetic participant in a life she did not choose but could see no way out of. There are so any similarities to Sam's life that it makes my heart creak and shudder in my chest.

Thank you for sharing, and thank you for taking the time to craft such a fine piece. The dedication and patience to bring this to life really makes this fic stand apart.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
I really enjoyed this! Very different from anything else I've read.
Faye Dartmouth chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
You hit this one out of the park :) This is beautiful (in that way that torture can be beautiful!). It's vivid and the emotions are spot on. I know you worked hard on this one and it shows.

I love how you show Sam being tempted, breaking in so many ways, and how he sees some comfort in this girl who is so fascinated by him. It can hardly be called a relationship, but for the time he was there, she was all he had that was present, the only one who was there when the dreams of Dean failed him.

That's what's so interesting about torture fics-stripping the character down and seeing them at the spot where they're vulnerable.

The torture scenes were just enough to make it visceral-the hammer to the leg was truly horrific.

All in all, I love it. Very well done. You should be proud of yourself.
november winds chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
Whoa. That was REALLY good :D
Lin chapter 1 . 5/25/2007
So typical of Sammy to feel something for the very thing that was torturing him, this was beautifully written Annonie, your a natural, please write more.. x x
LadyFFVic chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
A very interesting idea and you really did a great job with it. I totally buy Sam starting to feel a connection to the other character, and I like the way you eased into it. I'd love to hear what happens next. Was this the last straw that Sam off to college?
Rachelly chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
Hey Kiddo!

This was awesome! I was totally taken with your story. First, I loved that it was written from Sam's perspective. I loved knowing his thoughts, his fears, his despair, his hope in Dean, his curiousity about the dark haired vamp, and more. I loved how he knew Dean would find him...even if it was too late. His absolute belief in his brother. The limpness of Sam...dehydrated, tortured, bound, and vulnerable was so real the way you wrote it. I was so sad while I read it...very moving! Loved Dean to the rescue and the total devastation of the vampire nest. Dean would so absolutely do that! That anyone or thing would dare to take his Sam let alone torture him like that! Awesome story, great descriptions, excellent job! I look forward to seeing your next piece whenever you feel ready to post again!
friendly chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
great job. that was awesome.. I would love a sequel.. PLEASE
AlenaRivendell chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
AWESOME! - this was an amazing one-shot. I would really like a sequel! - how Sam reacted to Dean etc. - PLEASE - it would make my day )
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
ok first, love for the Muse quote at the ending.

This was an awesome story congrats on it, truly. You weren't thinking about a small snippet of Sam afterwards were you?

Great job. (favving)
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
And the vamp girl said to Sam, "you're so pretty." She sure was fascinated with him, but who wouldn't be?

Sam recognized the twisted relationship he had with no-name girl vamp, but she was the only being showing him any compassion. Stockholm Syndrome, indeed.

I enjoyed the fic and hope you continue to visit the "dark side."
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
WOW Just wow! This was an awesome oneshot! I wish you would do a sequel tho. Let us know if the girl vampire alerted Dean to where Sammy was. Let us know the feeling Sammy went through afterwards with everything that happened to him. How did he react to his dad and Dean not finding him sooner? Did he blame them and lose his temper, etc Please think about writing a sequel. Thanks!
63 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »